[CAN-6382]Mac users with GUI/graphics issue.

Post general topics related to Cubase Pro 9, Cubase Artist 9 and Cubase Elements 9 here.
jorisdeman

Re: Mac users with GUI/graphics issue, please read the 1st post!

Post by jorisdeman » Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:48 am

As a side note, I just updated my Logic to 10.3.2 (kept for old projects and clients who work with logic).

I think SB should have a close, hard look at how Logic performs in terms of its GUI and how it updates. I instanced around 100-150 tracks with midi regions.
Scrolling around the session (using the scrollbars) is FAST - even with 100's of regions on screen, updates are instant.

Weidly enough there are areas were it's a bit slower...opening their version of the lower zone takes a bit longer..dragging regions around seems a teeny bit slower (though they actually draw alll the regions with transparency, not just an outline). But moving around is *a lot* faster.
And it has to be said that in terms of drawing regions, and some of its interface, it's a fair bit slicker.

The key editor is a lot faster, including drawing of automation...and again, with a much more pleasing visual asthetic (half transparent notes and automation etc).

I'd have to google whether their GUI is GPU accelerated, but it wouldn't surprise me.
Nuendo 8, Mac Os X Sierra 10.12.5 / Windows 10 | iMac 5k 4gh i7 2016 maxed with 32gb ram | X-keys |PT Control | VSLE Pro | UAD Apollo Quad via Thunderbolt | Dual Xeon & i7 Hexacore Slave PC's | G-tech G-Raid drives

Antonio Escobar

Post by Antonio Escobar » Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:05 pm

jorisdeman wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:16 am
And I guess requirements differ.

Not to want to get into some kind of 'mine's bigger than yours' debate, but for the area I work in 50 tracks is a relatively small session.
A big session? 300+ tracks - and I know quite a few people who go even bigger than that.

When working on orchestral scores for film and games, having all the articulations loaded, with a bunch of pre-records and a large number of audio tracks, you get there quite quickly.
5-6 instances of Kontakt locally, 15-20 synths, and 4-5 instances or Vienna Ensemble Pro, with 32-64 outputs each, connecting to 2-3 external slave machines running another raft of Kontakts is not unusual.
It still needs to work fairly smoothly, and it does on a PC.
50% of work is big sessions with over 300 tracks (orchestra passes, virtual instruments and so on). I abandoned Nuendo 8 in my last film mix too, back to Nuendo 7.
Antonio Escobar
http://www.antipop.es

---
Nuendo 8.0.x / Cubase 9.0.x
MacBook Pro 2017 16GB RAM, OS X10.12.5
UR824
Native Komplete Kontrol/Maschine
Avid Artist Mix
Waves
Softube

jorisdeman

Post by jorisdeman » Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:35 pm

I hear ya Antonio, same here.
Was planning on using bootcamp, but it turns out all my sessions and sample drives are hfs+ since I moved to the mac.
I tried using Paragon's HFS+ driver on windows but it seems to not play well with sample streaming, so I can't use bootcamp yet.
Back to N7 on the Mac and it is a lot more responsive. Still not near to Windows, but a lot better than N8.
Nuendo 8, Mac Os X Sierra 10.12.5 / Windows 10 | iMac 5k 4gh i7 2016 maxed with 32gb ram | X-keys |PT Control | VSLE Pro | UAD Apollo Quad via Thunderbolt | Dual Xeon & i7 Hexacore Slave PC's | G-tech G-Raid drives

In_Stereo

Post by In_Stereo » Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:11 pm

This is all very discouraging as a relatively new user (about 1 1/2 years now) to Cubendo. I tried the Trial of N7 a few months ago and it was indeed much more responsive than C9/N8, but also not as crisp and fast as Pro Tools/Reaper/Studio One on the same computer with the same VSTs in the cases of Reaper and Studio One.

While I'm eager for a fix so I can start using C9 again, I'm concerned that Cubendo is indeed slower than these other DAWs in GUI responsiveness even in the case of N7 (my studio mate has C8 and it's better as well -- he also has the GUI issue with C8.5/9 on both his 2013 Mac Pro and his 2016 MacBook Pro)). I'm no programmer or anything, but what Jorisdeman is saying regarding GPU acceleration is something that sounds like a possibility...? Unfortunately it seems that it would be a huge task to get that happening in a program as deep and complicated as Cubendo.
Cubase 9.5, Nuendo 8.0.2, Trashcan Mac 6-core 3.7ghz, Sierra 10.12.1 OS, AMD FirePro D300 Dual, 32 gig RAM, plugins galore, some hardware, a bunch of real instruments and synths, Apollo 8 TB, etc., etc., and two cats

markanera2017

Post by markanera2017 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:27 pm

Mac Pro 5.1, 2x6 core xeon 3.33 ghz 64 gb ram asus gtx 1080 founders edition card, Cubase 9 very bad graphics and cpu performance.. :(
iMac (27-inch, Mid 2011) 3,4 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB 1333 MHz DDR3, AMD Radeon HD 6970M 2048 MB, El Capitan 10.11.6, Cubase Pro 8.5 and 9.0.30 and Mac Pro 5.1 Xeon 3.33 12 Core 64 GB RAM with ASUS GTX 1080 Founders Edition Macos 10.12.6

jorisdeman

Post by jorisdeman » Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:41 pm

I also checked out the latest Logic update. Logic has been, afaik, GPU accelerated for a while.
It flies, even with 100's of tracks..scrolling and moving around is very responsive.
Weirdly enough dragging is a tad slower, but editing in the key editor is generally a lot faster.

Btw, a Mac 'hack' of sorts that I found...if you go to Accessibillity and turn of transparency and 'movement', and mouse and trackpad>mouse options>scrolling inertia and turn it up, OS X becomes a fair bit snappier.

jpgtr

Post by jpgtr » Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:51 pm

jorisdeman wrote:
Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:41 pm
I also checked out the latest Logic update. Logic has been, afaik, GPU accelerated for a while.
Based on the comparisons of C7 vs C8+ performance on various Mac OS versions, it really, really sounds like the core of Cubase's engine is relying on older, now deprecated SDKs (as more recent Mac OS relies on newer libraries). Adding "GPU acceleration" before fixing the underlying issue would just result in more bloatware.
2012 Mac Pro 10.11.4, 24 GB RAM, Cubase 8.5 UAD-2 Duo

jorisdeman

Post by jorisdeman » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:22 pm

JPGTR, I don't really know. I remember when Cubase went to SX, SB made a lot of fanfare about how they were beginning from scratch to not be stuck with old core code, but afcourse that in itself is probably 10-15 years ago. Things change, especially in the world of computing and SDK's.

That having been said, it's hardly like Logic has had a massive core update - there is still soooo much legacy stuff in there, and it's amazing that they've managed to reach version 10 without ever fixing their key/matrix editor for example, only in recent versions fixing the processor core overload and balancing that had been plagueing it for years.
But visually and GUI wise it has been updated to a pretty big degree, and I could just notice the fluidity in a lot of actions when moving around a session that has sadly been lacking in the Mac versions of Cubendo.

You are ofcourse right that just a GUI update with CPU acceleration (if indeed that is the bottleneck) will not solve all ills.

From reading Daniel Spreadbury's blogs where they mentioned how Dorico was handling processing by splitting tasks up in multiple segments/blocks (much, i guess, like neural network processing), I wonder how this approach would fare with nuendo.

At the end of the day, it doesn't really matter, is the main fact is that the Mac version is underperforming significantly compared to its PC counterpart on the exact same system, and I don't think that can all be leverated at the OS.

In fact, eventhough Windows feels a tad snapier, there's a lot of stuff it doesn't handle well; HDPI displays for one; I'm amazed how I can switch seamlessly between multiple resolutions on my iMac 5k without the OS looking significantly different or worse, even at non-native resolutions.
On Windows it looks like sh*t unless I'm either at 5k (requiring scaled graphics that mean non-hdpi apps look tiny or heavily blurred) or half that size.

StudioSanctum

Post by StudioSanctum » Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:42 pm

Vinylizor wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:45 am
djw wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:22 am
Using Metal would mean you're only writing for Apple devices. It's by choice that Apple doesn't support the latest OpenGL or Vulkan. If it did then at least the new graphics code would be universal.
It's commonly believed that Steinberg uses a unified code base between the OS versions so that there is parity between releases across the two platforms. Only Steinberg knows how much of the code is unified though - it can't possibly all be.

The problem is we now have immensely powerful computers that are, to all intents and purposes useless with Cubendo because they don't currently harness that power. There needs to be a rethink so we can get more out of modern chips with multiple cores.

And when it comes to graphics, we're kind of missing the point about using GPU's.
Yes it would be great if Cubendo could hook into them - and don't forget its only two platforms to code differently for.

The real issue is that the graphics in Cubendo aren't exactly cutting edge games quality! It's not calculating lighting, shadows and god knows what else games do in real time at super high frame rates. Cubase doesn't even yet support HiDPI, so even the built in graphics on most computers should be able to handle it with ease. Pretty much the only things that move are meters and parts that we drag around the screen - yet the graphics are currently worse now than they were on my first Mac with VST over 20 years ago!

This can't be right. And the blame can't all be laid at the door of an Apple OS update or rogue plugins, because the problem must surely be that the underlying way Cubendo creates its graphics should be better.
Excellent post!

djw

Post by djw » Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:52 pm

Similar to how you'd switch to the DAW that would work best for you, I'd switch to the OS that works best with your desired tasks. Clearly that's not how you guys think about it... and it seems like a sensitive issue.
🥕
Specs: Latest versions of Cubase Pro, Dorico, WaveLab Pro, Windows 10, AMD Phenom II 1100T, 8GB RAM, AMD R9 390, YS CI1

StudioSanctum

Post by StudioSanctum » Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:53 pm

Wolfie2112 wrote:
Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:49 pm
Antonio Escobar wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:33 pm
djw wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:47 pm

If Cubase is your main software, what is the reason to not to just use Windows instead?
I don't like Windows, that's it. Besides that Steinberg claims that Cubase runs perfectly in Mac.
You definitely have something going on with your system somewhere (bad plugins, etc). Cubase 9 DOES run great on a Mac. How do I know? I work on my 2013 MB Pro retina daily without issue....with heavy track counts (50+). I wish people would stop blaming Steinberg for this crap. If you can't run 10 tracks, you have bigger issues.
You're flat out wrong. I have all this GUI wonkiness on a brand new 2017 top of the line iMac as well as a top of the line 2017 MBP. I come from a technical background as a Mac tech too and programmer. I can tell you that my system is clean clean clean and still has these GUI issues. The people on here insinuating that these issues are far and few between or are machine specific have no clue what they are talking about and doing nothing more than deflecting the issues, or just refusing to see them. The problem lies with Steinberg and their coding and denial or refusal to get their act together and rewrite the code that needs to be addressed to bring their DAW into current standards. I don't know if they are lazy, incompetent, or both. Who knows, maybe they are in bed with Microsoft and trying to drive people to Windows. One can only speculate at this point. Then again, maybe they are getting ready to sink or pull the plug on supporting macOS altogether and only support Windows as a way of being the opposite of Logic. This would be the nail in their coffin if they do this as a good 80-90% of all professional studios use Mac and ALWAYS will...

Wolfie2112

Post by Wolfie2112 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:17 pm

StudioSanctum wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:53 pm
Wolfie2112 wrote:
Antonio Escobar wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:33 pm

I don't like Windows, that's it. Besides that Steinberg claims that Cubase runs perfectly in Mac.
You definitely have something going on with your system somewhere (bad plugins, etc). Cubase 9 DOES run great on a Mac. How do I know? I work on my 2013 MB Pro retina daily without issue....with heavy track counts (50+). I wish people would stop blaming Steinberg for this crap. If you can't run 10 tracks, you have bigger issues.
You're flat out wrong. I have all this GUI wonkiness on a brand new 2017 top of the line iMac as well as a top of the line 2017 MBP. I come from a technical background as a Mac tech too and programmer. I can tell you that my system is clean clean clean and still has these GUI issues. The people on here insinuating that these issues are far and few between or are machine specific have no clue what they are talking about and doing nothing more than deflecting the issues, or just refusing to see them. The problem lies with Steinberg and their coding and denial or refusal to get their act together and rewrite the code that needs to be addressed to bring their DAW into current standards. I don't know if they are lazy, incompetent, or both. Who knows, maybe they are in bed with Microsoft and trying to drive people to Windows. One can only speculate at this point. Then again, maybe they are getting ready to sink or pull the plug on supporting macOS altogether and only support Windows as a way of being the opposite of Logic. This would be the nail in their coffin if they do this as a good 80-90% of all professional studios use Mac and ALWAYS will...
Mac tech and programmer blah blah blah, who cares. If this was a major issue, all users would be experiencing this...period. I can honestly attest I do not experience this "GUI wonkiness" and C9 is rock solid for me (as was 6,7,8), yet I am received with immature banter. One poster claimed he could not play back more than 10 tracks in C9, which is definitely a system specific issue. Wouldn't ALL users be experiencing the exact same issues?? I recommend you jump over to Windows, or even an alternate DAW, as you seem to know the deep infrastructure on Apple and Steinberg's business models. I really hope these issues get resolved, but it is not ALL users experiencing this so get you head out of the sand.

StudioSanctum

Post by StudioSanctum » Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:29 pm

Wolfie2112 wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:17 pm
StudioSanctum wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:53 pm
Wolfie2112 wrote:

Mac tech and programmer blah blah blah, who cares. If this was a major issue, all users would be experiencing this...period. I can honestly attest I do not experience this "GUI wonkiness" and C9 is rock solid for me (as was 6,7,8), yet I am received with immature banter. One poster claimed he could not play back more than 10 tracks in C9, which is definitely a system specific issue. Wouldn't ALL users be experiencing the exact same issues?? I recommend you jump over to Windows, or even an alternate DAW, as you seem to know the deep infrastructure on Apple and Steinberg's business models. I really hope these issues get resolved, but it is not ALL users experiencing this so get you head out of the sand.
It IS a major issue. Just because you aren't seeing thousands of people talking about it on this very thread doesn't mean it isn't widespread. Most people won't bother coming on a forum. There's nothing immature about passionately pushing Steinberg to make this right. These issues should not be lingering for literally years. Maybe your eyes aren't as sensitive to the GUI issues. I'd say a lot of people who had never seen how smooth any other DAW can flow would not even notice because they have no frame of reference and would consider it "normal" for the meters to lag behind the audio, etc... I invite you to go use the latest version of Logic for 10 minutes. Then maybe you'd have an "A-ha!" moment. If I were a betting man, I would venture to say that you have some of these very GUI issues on your rig and simply don't notice because you are used to them or as I said, have no reference point to draw from.

marcuskino

Post by marcuskino » Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:07 am

I have a brand new top spec MacBook Pro (3 months old). I purchased Cubase Pro 9 thinking it would meet my needs. It is super laggy and crashes many times a day. It is just too frustrating to use, especially the lag in the arrangement with cutting, copying and moving audio parts. So I moved back to Cubase 8.5, it is less laggy but not lag free. I get about 10 audio tracks with mix plugins before the CPU meter is maxed out and I have to bounce those tracks. The only saving grace is “render in place”.

I have a couple of friends that use Cubase 7.5 ( too scared to upgrade) and iMacs and had to buy UAD interfaces just so they could mix their projects with out having to constantly bounce down tracks.

I used Ableton before purchasing Cubase, if the next Cubase update doesn’t fix the OSX issues then I will have have to move back to Ableton to mix my projects.

I used Windows for 15 years before before switching to Mac, it was 15 years of blue screens and viruses. Moving to Mac was a total breath of fresh air until now. I will switch to Logic before I go back to Windows. Cubase isn’t that great anyway, it is only just now that Cubase is getting features that Logic and Ableton had 10 years ago. The only reason I’m still using Cubase is that I have paid $1000 AUD over the last few years (including three updates) and feel like it would be a waste of money to switch back to Ableton, but I’m getting ready to cut my losses.
MacBook Pro 15" Touchbar 2.9 GHz 16 GB RAM Radeon Pro 4GB, OSX Serra 10.12.5, LG 5k Ultrafine Monitor, NI Komplete Audio 6, Motu Microlite 4x4, Komplete Kontrol S61, Nord Lead 2R, Nord Lead 4R, Acccess Virus TI2, Maschine Studio, MIDI Fighter Twister, Cubase 9, Ableton 9, Steinberg CMC AI & PD, Komplete Ultimate 11, UAD Satellite OCTO, UAD Apollo Twin Quad MKII

In_Stereo

Post by In_Stereo » Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:31 am

There's no point in dismissing this claim, even if it doesn't affect absolutely everyone -- please stop with that. Steinberg is highly aware of it and is putting strong effort into fixing it. The problem is that we're not sure if it IS fixable in any kind of fast way because of age and size of the code and the effort it will possibly take to remedy the situation. For me, I can't wait that long so am back on Pro Tools (super fast and crisp GUI, but they had a very similar problem a few years ago and fixed it) with all of my new projects, and only use Cubase for existing ones that need revisions, etc. It sucks.

To answer the inevitable question: I keep checking here to look at progress and to discuss issues that I know would make Cubase even better, which like every single DAW, it needs. The GUI issues is not a feature that's needed, of course, but needs to be fixed to make Cubase as fast and efficient GUI-wise as every other DAW I've used or tried on this exact same computer with these exact same plugins (aside from Pro Tools -- again, I've tried and/or uses PT, Reaper, and Studio One) and setup.

For the hell of it I tried Logic out yesterday and it was also as fast and crisp with its GUI as the other DAWs I mentioned. It is a Cubase issue, and again -- Steinberg is aware of it (as evidenced by all the help Fabio has provided and making this thread a sticky). Looks like Nuendo users are experiencing the same issue, if you look at the much smaller forum there.
Cubase 9.5, Nuendo 8.0.2, Trashcan Mac 6-core 3.7ghz, Sierra 10.12.1 OS, AMD FirePro D300 Dual, 32 gig RAM, plugins galore, some hardware, a bunch of real instruments and synths, Apollo 8 TB, etc., etc., and two cats

paulpaul

Post by paulpaul » Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:38 am

Yes, there are some problems regarding the GUI Response in C9 on Mac.

But those issues are definitely NOT that big to make C9 unsusable.
I finished many projects (large and small ones) in the last months.
And I still would never switch to Logic or another DAW.

Many posts here are a bit on the negative / rant side and give the impression,
that C9 is completely unusable on the Mac.

THIS IS NOT THE CASE!

Regards,
Paul
Cubase 9.5. - Macbook Pro Retina late 2013, 16GB Ram, 1TB SSD, Apple 27"Cinema Display - MAC OS 10.13.1 Lots of Plug Ins - SPL Crimson

StudioSanctum

Post by StudioSanctum » Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:54 pm

paulpaul wrote:
Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:38 am

THIS IS NOT THE CASE!

Regards,
Paul
Not being unusable is simply your opinion. Others, including myself are of a different opinion. It is unusable to us at this point. All DAWs are tools, and right now using C9 is like using a straight slot screwdriver to try and tighten a philips head screw.

In_Stereo

Post by In_Stereo » Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:05 am

paulpaul wrote:
Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:38 am

THIS IS NOT THE CASE!

Regards,
Paul
I think that most of the posts here are not on the rant side (but there are definitely some, I agree, and they aren't helpful). That said, it is a very significant problem for many of us -- for my work scoring for film and TV I need an incredibly fast workflow and this very noticeably affects that. Also, when I have clients here I need things to be as razor-sharp fast as they're used to, and it's unprofessional when the zoom is struggling or there are dropouts when I open up an edit window, etc. These are very real concerns for many users for different reasons, and are why I've been back on PT until it is remedied. And again: Steinberg is highly aware of it...and they're working hard on it from what I understand (and hope!). I so want to be back on Cubendo, despite other issues (all DAWs have issues, naturally).

No, it's not completely unusable, but yes it can be a real and valid reason for many users to not be able to work they need to at the pace/level they need to/want to. I didn't want to respond because this thread can't turn into any kind of argument over things that aren't directly related to the issue, but I just wanted to clear that up.

SO! Let's continue with any insights that might be helpful to Fabio and the Steinberg team as far as GUI issues, including specific issues and your machine specs. Also, if you DON'T have these issues for some reason, it might helpful to respond with as deep as you can details on your specs as well.

jono not bono

Post by jono not bono » Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:32 am

Yes, it's a real problem for me too. I have an unflashed Nvidia GTX 960 in my Mac Pro 5,1 and actually considering buying an Nvidia 1070 card because it uses Pascal drivers that Apple has said the 5,1 supports. I'm wondering if anyone is using one with success? At this point I'll try anything to make the GUI problems disappear.
Please make me stop buying stuff.

peakae

Post by peakae » Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:13 am

Not a Mac user, so don't kill me.
But what amount of onboard RAM has your gfx card, and how many screens @ what resolution are connected.
That is something that could be of general interest, just to see if there is a pattern.
Cubase Pro 9.5, Wavelab Elements 9, I7 3770K , win10x64, 16Gb Ram, RME Raydat, Steinberg MR816x, Motu 828mkII, Behringer ADA8200, Yamaha moXF6, Steinberg UR242, Yamaha THR 10, Cambridge Audio DacMagic Plus, CMC TP, CMC CH.

jonwright

Post by jonwright » Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:41 am

I love Cubase, but I've had to go back to Logic for now as the UI issues have become too disruptive when I'm on a deadline.

It all boils down to the UI, it can be very slow at times (sometimes 2-3 seconds response just to duplicate a MIDI region), but the worst is that it often hard crashes when I drag a plugin from one slot to another.
http://www.jonathanwrightmusic.com

Cubase 9.5.0, Mac OS 10.12.6

jono not bono

Post by jono not bono » Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:04 pm

jonwright wrote:
Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:41 am
I love Cubase, but I've had to go back to Logic for now as the UI issues have become too disruptive when I'm on a deadline.

It all boils down to the UI, it can be very slow at times (sometimes 2-3 seconds response just to duplicate a MIDI region), but the worst is that it often hard crashes when I drag a plugin from one slot to another.
Yeah. I know exactly what you are saying. It infuriates me. It baffles me how anyone can say there are not any problems. I figure I am going to upgrade my GFX card and if it doesn't change anything I think I might go back to using a PC instead of Mac. I never had GUI problems when solely using PCs. Shuddering at the words "windows" and "format every two weeks" though.

Has anyone using a Mac Pro 6,1 reported any problems with the GUI cause if not, then that would be a better choice than a PC for me.

StudioSanctum

Post by StudioSanctum » Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:08 pm

jono not bono wrote:
Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:04 pm
jonwright wrote:

Yeah. I know exactly what you are saying. It infuriates me. It baffles me how anyone can say there are not any problems. I figure I am going to upgrade my GFX card and if it doesn't change anything I think I might go back to using a PC instead of Mac. I never had GUI problems when solely using PCs. Shuddering at the words "windows" and "format every two weeks" though.

Has anyone using a Mac Pro 6,1 reported any problems with the GUI cause if not, then that would be a better choice than a PC for me.
Happens on Mac Pro 6,1 as well.
Last edited by StudioSanctum on Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

StudioSanctum

Post by StudioSanctum » Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:08 pm

jonwright wrote:

I have had to switch to Logic as well. :/

jono not bono

Post by jono not bono » Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:15 pm

StudioSanctum wrote:
Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:08 pm
jono not bono wrote:
Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:04 pm
jonwright wrote:

Happens on MacPro 6,1 as well.
Really? How can that be? I would have thought knowing the exact GPUs in the Macs would make it easier to code for instead of having to make drivers for an infinite selection of different possibilities? Shows how little I know. I have been having so many crashes that I am now taking drastic measures and have just formatted my OSX drive and reinstalling everything cleanly. I'm hoping it does something for performance. Anyway, I digress...

Return to “General”