Control Room Volume - Question to Nektar Panorama Users

Post general topics related to Cubase Pro 9, Cubase Artist 9 and Cubase Elements 9 here.
zyguli

Control Room Volume - Question to Nektar Panorama Users

Post by zyguli » Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:36 pm

I'm wondering what is the most convenient way to map Control room's volume to the Panorama P6. Is using the Internal Mode together with the Generic Remote the only route? If I map the volume knob to the motorized fader, will the communication be-bidirectional in this case?

The best solution would be to have the CR's volume mapped to the motorized fader in the Mixer Mode instead of the Master Channels' volume, but I guess It is not possible. Is that right? TIA

Manike

Re: Control Room Volume - Question to Nektar Panorama Users

Post by Manike » Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:12 pm

I find the motorised fader a bit of a pain. It's seems to slow down cubase when switching from track to track. And all hell breaks loose if you accidently rename two tracks the same!

I've disconnected it.
8-Core Trashcan Mac Pro : Mojave : Cubase10.0.40 : MOTU828x : Nektar P6 :
Macbook pro : Mojave
http://www.manikemusic.com

Jorge Ruiz

Post by Jorge Ruiz » Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:16 pm

I always wondered if this was possible. I'd also be really interested in knowing if anybody has arrived to a solution. If not, it would be a nice feature request for the Nektar guys (mapping the Control Room volume to the motorized fader).
PC i7 5960x 8 cores @ 4.2Ghz (Hyper-Threading off) | 16 GB RAM | MSI X99A SLI Plus | Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti 4 GB | RME HDSPe RayDAT | Focusrite Clarett OctoPre | Behringer ADA8200 | Steinberg CC121 | Windows 10 Pro 64 bits | Cubase Pro 10 | WaveLab Elements 9.5 | Komplete 12 | Waves | Soundtoys | Alesis QuadraSynth | Oberheim Matrix 1000 | IK UNO Synth | Korg TR-Rack | Alesis S4 Plus | Zoom 9010 | Roland GP-8

zyguli

Post by zyguli » Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:38 pm

Jorge Ruiz wrote:I always wondered if this was possible. I'd also be really interested in knowing if anybody has arrived to a solution. If not, it would be a nice feature request for the Nektar guys (mapping the Control Room volume to the motorized fader).
It might be that Cubase's control surface API restricts this, but I may be wrong.

Return to “General”