Cubase 9 ...

Post general topics related to Cubase Pro 9, Cubase Artist 9 and Cubase Elements 9 here.
andreslinn

Cubase 9 ...

Post by andreslinn » Sun Dec 11, 2016 12:32 am

And I love cubase since forever... Big dissapointment- 32 bit plugins don't work at all. Improvements? There is nothing I couldn't do before without sample track. That's about it, If anyone asks whats new. I was running mixer on the second screen anyway. Thank god I can run C8 with new license. And I was serious upgrading from elements to artist or pro this time but something told me not to. I hope vst bridge will be back in C10.

With best regards,
Andres
Last edited by andreslinn on Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mark Nomad

Re: Cubase 9 waste of money

Post by Mark Nomad » Sun Dec 11, 2016 12:50 am

Nees flash u will in the future or you will be running windows 98 for the rest of your life get with technology

raino
Grand Senior Member

Post by raino » Sun Dec 11, 2016 12:58 am

If you didn't see any features in the description & demos that said "buy me now" you should have waited for the trial version to be released before making a purchase decision. Don't think of the cost as something wasted on buying a product that doesn't meet your needs. Instead think of it a reasonable price to pay for a life lesson in learning not to buy something until you know that it meets your needs.

Some folks are seeking refunds from Steinberg because they didn't know about the 32-bit retirement. And really Steinberg did mess up by not making it clear that C9 was 64-bit only. So you might try that. But a quick look at this forum even a few hours after the release would have given you that info. So you didn't really do due diligence. But mistakes like this are how we learn. Good luck.
rodger

Cubase Pro 10.0.40, Win10 Home, Halion6, BFD3, GPO, Komplete Ultimate 9, Waves Gold, Misc. other

i7 4771 Haswell Processor 3.5GHz, ADK LGA1150, 16GB RAM, GeForce GTX970, RME Fireface 400, 2x UAD-2

Hedshaker

Post by Hedshaker » Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:08 am

andreslinn wrote:And I love cubase since forever... Big dissapointment- 32 bit plugins don't work at all. Improvements? There is nothing I couldn't do before without sample track. That's about it, If anyone asks whats new. I was running mixer on the second screen anyway. Thank god I can run C8 with new license. And I was serious upgrading from elements to artist or pro this time but something told me not to. I hope vst bridge will be back in C10.

With best regards,
Andres
I had the same problem with my PowerCore plug-ins which are all 32 bit (including the Virus synth), but with a little help, I learned that Jbridge 1.75 would sort that out, which was a surprise cause I heard Cubase 9 doesn't recognise Jbridge.

So, bridge all your 32 but plugs with Jbridge 1.75 and Cubase 9 won't know the difference ;)

Cubase Pro 9 is sweet!
Asus P9X79 I7 - 4930K @340GHz, 16 GB Ram. Windows 10. EMU 1820m. Cubase Pro 9.##. UAD quad, UAD Solo PowerCore Element with Access Virus. AN1x, Orbit V2, E-MU Proteous 2000, Novation BassStation Rack, Korg ER-1, Dave Smith Mopho. Yamaha NS-10m studio Monitors.

https://soundcloud.com/dark-blue-man

tlockett

Post by tlockett » Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:24 am

I saw 64 bit only,but Native Instruments,izotope,Neugen, all have been blacklisted,all are 64 bit, all worked in 8.5
Steinberg has made this the most problematic release I've seen
Yes I'd like to get my money back, but I'll just use 8.5 Instead
All I can say buyer beware, because it is not a solid or well thought out release,this Blacklist is a mess

raino
Grand Senior Member

Post by raino » Sun Dec 11, 2016 2:52 am

tlockett wrote:I saw 64 bit only,but Native Instruments,izotope,Neugen, all have been blacklisted,all are 64 bit, all worked in 8.5
All I can say buyer beware, because it is not a solid or well thought out release,this Blacklist is a mess
Do you have the latest updates on the plug-ins? On your blacklist list I only have NI, but they came over fine. By happenstance I'd updated them the day before the C9 release because NI had sent an email about a Kontakt update.
rodger

Cubase Pro 10.0.40, Win10 Home, Halion6, BFD3, GPO, Komplete Ultimate 9, Waves Gold, Misc. other

i7 4771 Haswell Processor 3.5GHz, ADK LGA1150, 16GB RAM, GeForce GTX970, RME Fireface 400, 2x UAD-2

kimbo72

Post by kimbo72 » Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:14 am

I don't like that C9 only 64 bit is.

Any if you work with 2 monitors the transport section is in the middle of 2 screens.
Do thy not work multiply windows?
Yamaha PSR-S970, Akai touch, NI komplete kontrol 61, Yamaha EZ-220.
Steinberg: Cubase 9, Halion 5, Halionsonic 2, Groove agent 4, Padshop pro, Hypnotic dance, Dark planet and Triebwerk.
Desktop I7 6950, 16 GB ram,MSI GTX 1080

Mark Nomad

Post by Mark Nomad » Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:50 am

the 32 bit problem for myself is not a big deal I do have j bridge and it works.. having the transport wheel in the middle of my 3 screens is a godsent i have a 24 track mixer i have been dying for it to be embeded learning now may cry a little later but so far so good

tlockett

Post by tlockett » Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:09 am

raino wrote:
tlockett wrote:I saw 64 bit only,but Native Instruments,izotope,Neugen, all have been blacklisted,all are 64 bit, all worked in 8.5
Do you have the latest updates on the plug-ins? On your blacklist list I only have NI, but they came over fine. By happenstance I'd updated them the day before the C9 release because NI had sent an email about a Kontakt update.
Yes,Cubase keeps blacklisting the plugins such as the compressors etc, but not the VI's,also strange behavior is each time I launch Cubase 9 I have to redirect to the VST plug in folder for the Valhalla reverbs, now this does not happen in 8.5, side note,I build the PC with Win 10 Pro, never have i installed 32 bit plugs

Mark Nomad

Post by Mark Nomad » Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:54 am

rescaning with the new update from jbridge i did have alot of 64 bit plugins that were blacklisted and working on fixing them now as far as 32 bit get jbridge it may have not been posted when release but it was in discussion so there will not be refunds.. I think this thread should be delete.. complete moron..

musicbeat

Post by musicbeat » Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:15 pm

Steinberg announced back in late summer that Cubase 9 would be 64 bit only. iZotope is aware of the vst2 blacklist, the vst3 version do work. It's not Steinberg fault. It's easy to blame others for you own ignorance!
i7-6700 3.4 ghz 32 go L2|W10 x64
Cubase Pro 9.5|HALion 6|Cubasis|Groove Agent Pro|Spectrasonics Bundle
RME BabyFace|AxiomPro49|Focal Pro-CMS 40's

faaraotron

Post by faaraotron » Sun Dec 11, 2016 2:25 pm

"So, bridge all your 32 but plugs with Jbridge 1.75 and Cubase 9 won't know the difference ;) "

I only see jbridge 1.74, where´s the 1.75?
Cubase 9.5 , PC: core i7-2600, 3.40 GHz, 16GB ddr3 , 2 TB WD caviar black, win10 home, UAD-1, UR28M, CC121, CMC QC

Transistor

Post by Transistor » Sun Dec 11, 2016 2:51 pm

faaraotron wrote:"So, bridge all your 32 but plugs with Jbridge 1.75 and Cubase 9 won't know the difference ;) "

I only see jbridge 1.74, where´s the 1.75?
It's a beta. Look at J's beta page for how request it.

r,
j (not him),
i7-5820K/16384/Win10
CPro 9.5.41 / CPro 10.5 / WLPro 10.0.0 / SpectralayersPro 6.0.2
Studio: RME HDSPe AES / Mytek 8x192 / Midex8 / (+ Aurora 8)
Mobile: CAI & WLElements [latest versions] / RME Babyface
Plugins. Hardware.

Quietly

Post by Quietly » Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:02 pm

andreslinn wrote:And I love cubase since forever... Big dissapointment- 32 bit plugins don't work at all. Improvements? There is nothing I couldn't do before without sample track. That's about it, If anyone asks whats new. I was running mixer on the second screen anyway. Thank god I can run C8 with new license. And I was serious upgrading from elements to artist or pro this time but something told me not to. I hope vst bridge will be back in C10.

With best regards,
Andres
Sorry for you spending your money without you bothering to read and check what it was that you were buying. :?
https://soundcloud.com/gerry-cooper-855281238
Cubase Pro 10.0.40. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit. Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q9550 @ 2.83 GHz 4GB RAM. ASUS Radeon R7-259 Graphics Card , Focusrite Scarlett 2i4. Komplete Kontrol S61 and HS80M Monitors. Komplete 10 Ultimate, Symphobia, Ozone 8 etc

andreslinn

Post by andreslinn » Sun Dec 11, 2016 4:20 pm

Quietly wrote:
Sorry for you spending your money without you bothering to read and check what it was that you were buying. :?
That is the point of owning Cubase... Update every year to pay less for the next version without asking if I need this version. I've made that mistake once waiting too long with update. I will try jbridge if I have spear time. Sorry- expected that installing the new version makes everything better... Crashed twice already while searching plugins. Fixed midi timing would be happy news but not optimistic about it. Maybe I did not read the announcement fully but I remember that Cubase will be 64bit only... This means that it will run on 64 bit os. Eliminating vst bridge was not in this list. €30 is just about right price to learn. Don't get me wrong. I'm in love with Cubase. When you love someone you forgive them always. Just was hoping that this version will be the one where install button is more than enough to get everything running. Dissapointed that everything is just the way it was- that is reading forums for countless hours to get things work again.

Johnny

Post by Johnny » Sun Dec 11, 2016 4:50 pm

64-bit only has been clearly signalled.

Removing support for VST2.4 wrapped plugins certainly was not! And I say that as a fanboy user of Cubase for 20 years!

I don't think that this is the best release, one of the reasons I dropped Logic was the endless AU validation issues. And I don't think the communication with the users is up to much at the moment.

So 'due dilligence' is only part of the story - why not actually tell users what to expect when support is dropped?

Just my 2p.
John

Minimalist

Post by Minimalist » Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:54 pm

With best regards,
Andres

I agree that if you need the mixer at the bottom, you should instead of buying the upgrade, use the same money to get a second monitor! Possibly you might need a new graphics card and/or video adapter. It's more complicated but a FAR better solution.

Cubase has been getting more stable, that is the main thing for me now. I wanted them to update things which have been neglected for so many years such as the macro editor, metronome and midi effects etc.. Sadly, my dream didn't come true yet. It seems they always go for the flashy toys rather than meat and potatoes.

Johnny

Post by Johnny » Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:57 pm

...and that's the problem. Where are basic tools like a midi insert poly chainer/splitter? When will we get polyphonic audio to midi analysis? Better metronome? Better Macros?

Really like the look of the new mixer / lower zone. But the basics, that should be easy to improve don't seem to get much attention.

John

mitchiemasha

Post by mitchiemasha » Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:28 pm

andreslinn wrote: And I was serious upgrading from elements to artist or pro this time but something told me not to.
Wait a min... You use elements? The upgrade in the same version number is a vast improvement.
W10, CP10, i7 9700k OC 5.0, Noctua NH-U9S, MSI z390, 16Gb 3000Mhz DDR4, PCIe NVME 970 Pro, AC-1 Carillon Case, Be Quiet SP11, Virus TI (Integrated), Yamaha CS2x (Custom Mapped), Dynaudio BM5's mkII & Eve SC305's.

andreslinn

Post by andreslinn » Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:51 am

mitchiemasha wrote: Wait a min... You use elements? The upgrade in the same version number is a vast improvement.
Yes. This is why I don't talk about money.
Anyway- C9, upgrade or not, is useless to me the way it is now. Maybe jbridge will help to ease the pain :? . Will see some day. Until then- C8. As I said I was attending to upgrade to pro or artist this time but not until I'm sure I get things work on elements. At the moment I would be happy to be able buying C8,5 artist or pro instead- but late again.

Thanks for listening. I was just letting my steam out.
Any way to lock the topic or delete it so everybody could move on?

andreslinn

Re: Cubase 9 ...

Post by andreslinn » Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:24 pm

Well, gave it a try.

1. Performance... Sorry- not improved- sampletank piano+ groove agent drums + sample tank bass+ ... Same project in C8 worked better.
2. Actually I liked the lower zone.
3. Older vst's don't work. Even with jbridge. Sorry... you may laugh at 32 bit but I've put a lot of money and time into searching and buying various instruments- effects. Like we all I guess. Lot of them discontinued but still do their job.
4. Midi timing seemed to be better.
5. Grooves, sample track and stuff... Not for me.

Actually I liked C9 but can't use it because a lot of good (and not so good) plugins I use are lost- 272 to be percise.

Minimalist

Post by Minimalist » Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:49 pm

andreslinn wrote:
Actually I liked C9 but can't use it because a lot of good (and not so good) plugins I use are lost- 272 to be percise.
Sounds like you are using plugins made with Synthedit. I wonder when if ever they will move this up to current vst standard.

raino
Grand Senior Member

Post by raino » Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:37 pm

andreslinn wrote: Actually I liked C9 but can't use it because a lot of good (and not so good) plugins I use are lost- 272 to be percise.
The virtual studios that DAWs allow us to create in our computers offer tremendous benefits in terms of cost & capabilities. But a major downside is some tools become unusable not because they break (like hardware) but because they become obsolete and can't interact our other tools. Trying to hang on to them can be a loosing battle in the long run. Sometimes its best to let them go while maintaining a way to deal with their legacy use such as maintaining some older versions of Cubase or rendering tracks.
rodger

Return to “General”