Waves plugins not seen by Pro 9

Post general topics related to Cubase Pro 9, Cubase Artist 9 and Cubase Elements 9 here.
ha33y

Waves plugins not seen by Pro 9

Post by ha33y » Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:24 pm

Pro 9 cannot see my waveshell x64 dll
I have tried moving it to different folders and adding them to the Path Settings and rescanning/restarting but the program totally ignores this file. Waves are not in my Blacklist folder either, it simply cannot see the file at all and therefore I have no Waves plugins.
This is very weird as I go back to Cubase Pro8.5.20 and they are all there, no problems, all smooth and load lovely.
Back to Pro 9 and NO WAVES.

Anyone got similar problems, any ideas?
Thanks in advance

soul patch

Re: Waves plugins not seen by Pro 9

Post by soul patch » Sat Dec 10, 2016 3:50 pm

Working fine here. Make sure you Install the latest version of Waves Central.

I wouldn't recommend moving Waves files around.
i7 5820k, Win 10, Cubase 9.5

raino

Post by raino » Sun Dec 11, 2016 12:34 am

soul patch wrote:Working fine here. Make sure you Install the latest version of Waves Central.

I wouldn't recommend moving Waves files around.
Yup, same here.
rodger

Cubase Pro 9.0.30, Win7 Home Premium 64bit (downgraded after disastrous Win10 upgrade), Halion5, BFD3, GPO, Komplete Ultimate 9, Waves Gold, Misc. other

i7 4771 Haswell Processor 3.5GHz, ADK LGA1150, 16GB RAM, GeForce GTX970, RME Fireface 400, 2x UAD-2

andyjh

Post by andyjh » Sun Dec 11, 2016 2:08 am

I had the same problem, the problem was having a 32-bit version of the shell .dll that Cubase was finding and that prevents the 64-bit one being looked at.

So make sure the 32-bit shell .dll is not in any folder that Cubase is looking in - just the 64-bit one,
then everything should be OK
Master: Windows 10 64-bit / i7 7820X / 32GB RAM / Dual Monitors / Steinberg UR824 / MOTU Midi Express 128
Slave: Windows 7 64-bit / i7 / 16Gb RAM / Dual monitors / Emu 1820m. Networked via VE Pro
Cubase Pro 9.0.30, Absolute 3 (Halion 6), Wavelab 9.0, Dorico 1.1
Equipment list: - more than I need : Plug in list:- definitely more than I need

ha33y

Post by ha33y » Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:16 pm

Well, have tried removing all 32 bit instances from my system, nothing...removed all waves and re-installed waves central and the plugins, still nothing. I give up!!

vinark

Post by vinark » Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:33 pm

You need the VST3 shell. No more vst2.4 support for shells.

silhouette

Post by silhouette » Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:27 pm

vinark wrote:You need the VST3 shell. No more vst2.4 support for shells.
That's true. At first I though my waves stuff was blacklisted but it was just the 2.4 stuff - the vst3 was present and correct.
Intel core i7 5960X CPU 3.0 GHz 64bit 32 gig RAM - Windows 8.1 - AMD RadeonHD 7700 - RME Fireface UC - Cubase 8.5.20/9.0.1 - UAD Solo + Duo + Quad - Nektar Panorama P1 - Komplete 10 - All uhe - Adam AX7 + Adam Sub 8 - BFD3 - Alchemy - PSP - FabFilter - Fender Telecaster- Wudtone Strat - Gibson L4, 335,330L,175 -Ibanez PM100 - Musicman Silhouette - Warwick Thumb Bass - Kemper Profiling Amp

ha33y

Post by ha33y » Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:56 pm

Ok sorted it eventually, it was to do with the VST 3 so thanks for all your help.

unseen_dimensions

Post by unseen_dimensions » Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:19 am

ha33y wrote:Ok sorted it eventually, it was to do with the VST 3 so thanks for all your help.
im having this problem as well, can you tell me how you sorted it please?

nikhollis

Post by nikhollis » Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:10 am

It is not ideal, but I have had this with Waves plug-ins, and, on the advice of somebody on here, I deleted and then re-installed Waves Central (after fully installing the plug-ins), low and behold I restarted and they were available to use.
Cubase 9 Pro on Windows 10. Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 (1st generation), i7-6700, Asus-Z170A, 32GB RAM, 256GB SSD, 1TB HD, Waves Gold Bundle + extra Waves plug-ins, Steinberg Absolute 2 collection, SE Electronics Z3300a mic. 3 helpful cats.

indiescore

Post by indiescore » Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:40 pm

nikhollis wrote:It is not ideal, but I have had this with Waves plug-ins, and, on the advice of somebody on here, I deleted and then re-installed Waves Central (after fully installing the plug-ins), low and behold I restarted and they were available to use.

that worked for me too
Windows 10 w latest update
Cubase 9.5 pro w latest update
INTEL CORE I7-4790K 4.0 GHZ + 10 % over clock , water cooled.
32GB DDR3 2133 MHZ
GIGABYTE Z97X-GAMING 7 Motherboard
Project drive M.2. Form factor , SSD
2x internal SSD, 2x external SSD USB 3

KurtOzz

Post by KurtOzz » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:02 am

Hey,

After having the same issue, I wanted to share my "solution".

So, I bought some Waves Plugins, and Cubase was blacklisting them everytime. At first, I thought it was a 32bits version that was not working, but it wasn't, and even my 64bits were blacklisted.
Then I saw that they were all VST 2 plugs, but after hours of trying to find the solution, I asked Waves to help me.

Here's their answer :

Uninstall:
Once the license is sent choose: Install->Uninstall Products (at the top).
Choose all the products click 'Uninstall'.
Once uninstall is finished - quit Central.

Uninstall Central :

Uninstall Waves Central itself using Control Panel->Programs and Features

Remove Various files:
Click on Winkey+R and enter the text %appdata% - click Enter. Delete the Waves folder inside 'Roaming'.
Click on Winkey+R and enter the text %programdata% - click Enter. Delete the 'Waves Audio' folder.
Conduct a file search on your system for the term :"WaveShell" and delete any "WaveShell" file that you find.

Re-Install:

Download and install the latest Waves Central for Windows
Run Waves Central application and log-in.
Click on Install at the top tab, then select Install
Click Online (on left pane)
Select all your products (in the middle pane)
Click Install on (the bottom right)

So, I think that the real thing here is to clean all your system in order to have a real fresh install. Follow every little step + CCleaner if needed.
It worked for me, I hope it'll for you, people of the future.

Jeff Surtees

Post by Jeff Surtees » Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:54 pm

Thank you. That worked. I also found that some of the plugins were blacklisted within Cubase after doing all that. All good now.

EliottNess

Post by EliottNess » Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:19 pm

KurtOzz wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:02 am
Hey,

After having the same issue, I wanted to share my "solution".

So, I bought some Waves Plugins, and Cubase was blacklisting them everytime. At first, I thought it was a 32bits version that was not working, but it wasn't, and even my 64bits were blacklisted.
Then I saw that they were all VST 2 plugs, but after hours of trying to find the solution, I asked Waves to help me.

Here's their answer :

Uninstall:
Once the license is sent choose: Install->Uninstall Products (at the top).
Choose all the products click 'Uninstall'.
Once uninstall is finished - quit Central.

Uninstall Central :

Uninstall Waves Central itself using Control Panel->Programs and Features

Remove Various files:
Click on Winkey+R and enter the text %appdata% - click Enter. Delete the Waves folder inside 'Roaming'.
Click on Winkey+R and enter the text %programdata% - click Enter. Delete the 'Waves Audio' folder.
Conduct a file search on your system for the term :"WaveShell" and delete any "WaveShell" file that you find.

Re-Install:

Download and install the latest Waves Central for Windows
Run Waves Central application and log-in.
Click on Install at the top tab, then select Install
Click Online (on left pane)
Select all your products (in the middle pane)
Click Install on (the bottom right)

So, I think that the real thing here is to clean all your system in order to have a real fresh install. Follow every little step + CCleaner if needed.
It worked for me, I hope it'll for you, people of the future.
That's the solution. Waves also brought the same kind of solution consisting in removing the caches files (https://www.waves.com/support/error-dur ... es-central).

ColinPark

Post by ColinPark » Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:08 am

I had to do something very similar to what KurtOzz did. Waves' tech support got back to me in 10 minutes. My problem was somewhat different. (See this post in another thread). I had plugins show up but some would not load. And the plugin manager would freeze. But it's working fine after the re-install.
Win 10 (64 bit), 3.5GHz i7-4770K, 32GB RAM, Sabertooth Z87, Samsung SSD 850 Pro 512GB, RME fireface UFX, Novation 61SL MkII keyboard controller, Yamaha HS7 monitors. Cubase Pro 9.5.10 [build 79], HALion Sonic 2, HALion Symphonic Orchestra, Dark Planet,

Return to “General”