Frequency 8 band EQ

Post general topics related to Cubase Pro 9, Cubase Artist 9 and Cubase Elements 9 here.
HarrySound

Frequency 8 band EQ

Post by HarrySound » Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:47 am

This 8 band EQ plugin seems like a bit of a revelation to me.
The ability to solo certain frequencies when adjusting is incredibly helpful and game changer!
Someones going to tell me some plugin i've never heard of that costs as much as a car has done it for years, someone else will tell me there's been freeware plugins for 18 years that have also done the same thing but I don't care :)

It also looks half decent ,dare I say unlike the rest of the cubase GUI if i'm honest (whats with the blue in grey anyway?)

Anyway i've not seen much chatter about this and just wanted to say to Steinberg "well done"
I also like the revamped look of the other in built plugins.

I would still like a limiter/maximiser plugin that was as good as the Sonnox Oxford Limiter but I'll have to settle for what I got.

WillBthr

Re: Frequency 8 band EQ

Post by WillBthr » Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:34 am

I used Frequency on two electric guitar tracks today and found it very good sonically and once I got used to the two level GUI approach very easy to use.
MS Windows 10 64. Nuendo 1 - 3 / Cubase 4 - 9. HP I7-6700k, RME UFX, Lenovo Thinkpad Workstation W540, RME UCX, MS Surface Pro 4, Halion 5, RND 5033 & 5043, WaveLab 4-9, DMG EQ & Compression, Limitless RME ADI-8 2x, TAB 76m x2, Calrec PQ1061 x2, Ampex ATR-100 w/ LNP-2, Houston.

vespesian

Post by vespesian » Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:37 am

HarrySound wrote:This 8 band EQ plugin seems like a bit of a revelation to me.
The ability to solo certain frequencies when adjusting is incredibly helpful and game changer!
Someones going to tell me some plugin i've never heard of that costs as much as a car has done it for years, someone else will tell me there's been freeware plugins for 18 years that have also done the same thing but I don't care :)

It also looks half decent ,dare I say unlike the rest of the cubase GUI if i'm honest (whats with the blue in grey anyway?)

Anyway i've not seen much chatter about this and just wanted to say to Steinberg "well done"
I also like the revamped look of the other in built plugins.

I would still like a limiter/maximiser plugin that was as good as the Sonnox Oxford Limiter but I'll have to settle for what I got.

It seems to be just a slightly re-skinned version of the EQ from Wavelab 9, which would explain the nice GUI.

keyxmusic

Post by keyxmusic » Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:16 am

How is it compared to Pro Q2?

fretthefret

Post by fretthefret » Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:57 am

keyxmusic wrote:How is it compared to Pro Q2?
Pro Q2 gives you sidechain input for frequency clash, freeze, Zero Latency mode, Normal Phase (like analogue EQ's) mode, Linear Phase mode. Pro Q2 is my goto individual track EQ.
There are big differences in features so it would be hard to compare the two tools.
But I'm also the guy who puts a Waves PuigTec or Soundtoys Sie-Q on my Master 2ch usually with no (or rarely very minimal) adjustments from default just because I like the subtle "color" they impart.
Cubase Pro 10.0.5, FL Studio 20, Ableton Live Suite 10, Harrison Mixbus 32c, UAD Apollo x series, UR28m, SSL, Native Instruments Komplete ultimate, NI Maschine Studio, Xfer Records Serum, Lennar Digital Sylenth1, reFx Nexus2, Reveal Sound Spire, FabFilter, Soundtoys, Lexicon PCM, Sonarworks, Slate Digital, Izotope, Brainworx, SPL, Waves, Cableguys, Cytomic, MeldaProductions, AOM, IK Multimedia, SynchroArts Revoice Pro, DDMF, Boz Digital, Antares Autotune, a bunch of other obscure stuff, TBs of samples, too much hardware to list... PC Windows 10 Pro 1803 64bit, i7-5960x (8 core), Asus x99 Deluxe ii, GeForce 1070 strix, Fractal Design Silent RL2 case, Noctua NH-d15s, 64 GB DDR4 g,Skillz Trident Z 3200 RAM, 512gb Samsung 950 m.2, 3TB segate Ironwolf NAS HDD, 4TB WDRed, 2TB WD Black, Laptop: MSI Ghost pro GS60 6QE i7-6700 Skylake Win 10 64bit, Storage: 32 TB QNAP NAS Raid 50, 12 TB QNAP RAID 1

Return to “General”