Mac GUI fixed?

Post general topics related to Cubase Pro 9, Cubase Artist 9 and Cubase Elements 9 here.
Rkmusic

Re: Mac GUI fixed?

Post by Rkmusic » Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:41 am

I'm trying to like cubase but this lag is such a turn off. Way to hard to edit audio and move events like this.
mac pro 2010-32gb-OSX 10.14.0-Korg m3-Motif xs-Waves gold-Saffire pro 40-liquid saffire 56-Some software synths-glyph drive-Ensoniq mr 76-Logic x-Cubase 10-pro tools 2018

fryhole

Post by fryhole » Sat Dec 10, 2016 3:33 am

I, too, am having major GUI lag in Cubase 9. The playhead will jump basically from bar to bar, versus going across the screen smoothly in previous versions. When scrolling up and down or left/right has an almost springy effect which doesn't happen in Cubase 8.5.

I am also experiencing a noticeable delay when inserting notes and editing CC controllers via the mouse in the key editor while the editor is in the Lower Zone. Doing the same thing in a pop-up window has no delay like it always has.

As of now, Cubase 9 is unusable for me.

I'm running macOS 10.11 on a Mac Pro 5.1 12-core with 48GB ram.
mac pro 12-core, 2.66ghz, 48gb ram, Cubase 9/8.5, ve pro 6, Mac OS sierra

dmuckala

Post by dmuckala » Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:04 am

I'm pretty sure this is not happening to me under Yosemite. Cubase 8.040 under yosemite doesnt exhibit this at all, nor does 8.5 or 9.01 so far...even with lots of audio regions etc. Under El Cap, and Sierra, however I have noticed it for sure
Mac OSX 10.12.6
Mac Pro 6,1
Cubase 9.5
Logic 10.3.3
UAD Apollo

Rkmusic

Post by Rkmusic » Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:45 pm

They need to fix this lag. No way I can work like this. Pro tools 12 was fix I feel cubase team can fix it.
mac pro 2010-32gb-OSX 10.14.0-Korg m3-Motif xs-Waves gold-Saffire pro 40-liquid saffire 56-Some software synths-glyph drive-Ensoniq mr 76-Logic x-Cubase 10-pro tools 2018

JTRake

Post by JTRake » Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:06 pm

Fabio Bartolini wrote:
In_Stereo wrote:Could the few of you that are NOT experiencing any kind of sluggishness/jerkiness when zooming, etc., please please please get in touch with Fabio/Steinberg Tech and tell them?
Sorry, this is not going to work. We have hundreds of systems not showing the issue, analysing these is completely useless, we need to check the systems showing problems.

@JTRake: You are probably referring to this?
http://www.pro-tools-expert.com/home-pa ... our-advice
Yes, and this http://www.pro-tools-expert.com/home-pa ... cos-sierra . I personally don´t work with massive projects so I´m not affected I guess. Noticed that many who reported about this for Cubse was using El Capitan so I thought that there could be a connection to the Pro Tools issues.
HW: Windows 10, Asus z270 Prime Motherboard, i7 7700, 16GB RAM, Nvidia 1070 gpu | RME Babyface | Novation 61SL MKII | Korg padKONTROL
SW: Cubase 9, Studio One 3, Halion 6, VSTi/Plugins from MCDsp, Toontrack, Plugin Alliance, Waves, Spectrasonics, Kush, U-he, Scuffham, Overloud, D16

Rkmusic

Post by Rkmusic » Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:26 pm

JTRake wrote:
Fabio Bartolini wrote:
In_Stereo wrote:Could the few of you that are NOT experiencing any kind of sluggishness/jerkiness when zooming, etc., please please please get in touch with Fabio/Steinberg Tech and tell them?
Sorry, this is not going to work. We have hundreds of systems not showing the issue, analysing these is completely useless, we need to check the systems showing problems.

@JTRake: You are probably referring to this?
http://www.pro-tools-expert.com/home-pa ... our-advice
Yes, and this http://www.pro-tools-expert.com/home-pa ... cos-sierra . I personally don´t work with massive projects so I´m not affected I guess. Noticed that many who reported about this for Cubse was using El Capitan so I thought that there could be a connection to the Pro Tools issues.
Avid fix the lag in el captain forgot what version but they definitely fix it.

Return to “General”