Duplicate Conductor Layout

Discussions about our next-generation scoring application, Dorico.
francisb

Duplicate Conductor Layout

Post by francisb »

Hi,

I was wondering how I can duplicate a conductor layout.

Best,

Francis

MarcLarcher
Grand Senior Member

Re: Duplicate Conductor Layout

Post by MarcLarcher »

You cannot, as far as I know...
Marc Larcher

OS X 10.15.6, macbook pro 2019 16" (8 cores i9 @ 2.3GHz, 32GB, 1TB)
Opera singer (lyric tenor), photographer, sound engineer, XeLaTeX user and music engraver (Dorico Pro 3.5.10, and Photoscore Ultimate 2020.1.14(9.0.2))
French is my native language

Daniel at Steinberg

Post by Daniel at Steinberg »

There's no feature to duplicate an existing layout precisely, but you can of course create multiple full score layouts in your project if you want to.

MarcLarcher
Grand Senior Member

Post by MarcLarcher »

I must say I understand the request and would be happy to +1, if I hadn't requested it myself last month: a client asked for both transposing and concert pitch full scores, along with the parts. The piece was 54 pages long, so recreating the layout (with breaks almost at each system) was too long (or I missed something like duplicate formatting). I ended up using save as, a version of the file with concert pitch full score, another with transposing score. Correcting typos, mistakes and making improvements proved that this method is not efficient and is quite painful.
Marc Larcher

Opera singer (lyric tenor), photographer, sound engineer, XeLaTeX user and music engraver (Dorico Pro 3.5.10, and Photoscore Ultimate 2020.1.14(9.0.2))

francisb

Post by francisb »

I agree! It seems we can only copy format from an individual part to another, but not with conductor layouts.

lucas_r_r

Post by lucas_r_r »

MarcLarcher wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:01 am
I must say I understand the request and would be happy to +1, if I hadn't requested it myself last month: a client asked for both transposing and concert pitch full scores, along with the parts. The piece was 54 pages long, so recreating the layout (with breaks almost at each system) was too long (or I missed something like duplicate formatting). I ended up using save as, a version of the file with concert pitch full score, another with transposing score. Correcting typos, mistakes and making improvements proved that this method is not efficient and is quite painful.
Marc, I think breaks are copy-pastable. I recall having done that in the past. Just select everything and filter breaks (I think there is a filter for that but I’m not sure).
Lucas Rei Ramos
Composer, Jazz piano player
macOS 10.14.6 Mojave, Dorico Pro 3.5
Macbook Pro unibody mid-2012, Intel i7 16GB RAM.
www.lucasreiramos.com

MarcLarcher
Grand Senior Member

Post by MarcLarcher »

Yes, lucas, there are filters for breaks. I probably should have tried that route. I'll try to think of it next time I need it, thanks !
Marc Larcher

Return to “Dorico”