[Bug][Dorico 3.5.10][i18n][zh-Hans] Consolidated bugreports since October 2020.

Discussions about our next-generation scoring application, Dorico.
ShikiSuen

[Bug][Dorico 3.5.10][i18n][zh-Hans] Consolidated bugreports since October 2020.

Post by ShikiSuen »

As Daniel's preference, this thread is to consolidate zh-Hans i18n bug reports (especially translated from Puwu.pro i18n bug pretracker) since October 2020.
Attachments
zh-Hans-bug-PW#117.png
(186.34 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Last edited by ShikiSuen on Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
// My first name is Shiki. A trilingual Chinese living in Japan.
My nationality doesn't prove anything, but I do have little issues with nuances in written English.
PRC出身の孫志貴と申します。三つ言語話せます。国籍だけは何にも証明できませんけど、英語のニュアンスには少し苦手です。
[ZOOM UAC-2] [MDR-7506] [Mac Mini 2018] [MacBook Pro 13" 2020] [32GB RAM]
[Studio One 4.5] [Dorico Pro 3] [WaveLab 9.5] [macOS Big Sur] [AW NotePerformer 3]

ShikiSuen

Triaged cases list.

Post by ShikiSuen »

[Bug][Dorico 3.5.10][i18n][zh-Hans] Untranslated strings in the application preferences. (PW#117)

In the Dorico application preferences window, the two buttons located bottom-right are not localized in zh-Hans MUI.
Two buttons are [Close] and [Apply].

See attached picture in the upper floor or https://puwu.pro/index.php?threads/117/

------------

[Bug][Dorico 3.5.10][i18n][zh-Hans] The term "flat" is translated without considering the UI context. (PW#116)

In the beam direction menu, there are 3 choices: "Flat," "Up," and "Down".

The zh-Hans localization team bulk-translated the term "flat" in the meaning of accidentals like "♭".
However, in the beam direction menu context, nothing is related to "♭".

See attached picture or https://puwu.pro/index.php?threads/116/
Attachments
zh-Hans-bug-PW#116.png
(293.19 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Last edited by ShikiSuen on Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
// My first name is Shiki. A trilingual Chinese living in Japan.
My nationality doesn't prove anything, but I do have little issues with nuances in written English.
PRC出身の孫志貴と申します。三つ言語話せます。国籍だけは何にも証明できませんけど、英語のニュアンスには少し苦手です。
[ZOOM UAC-2] [MDR-7506] [Mac Mini 2018] [MacBook Pro 13" 2020] [32GB RAM]
[Studio One 4.5] [Dorico Pro 3] [WaveLab 9.5] [macOS Big Sur] [AW NotePerformer 3]

Daniel at Steinberg

Re: [Bug][Dorico 3.5.10][i18n][zh-Hans] Untranslated strings in the application preferences. (PW#117)

Post by Daniel at Steinberg »

Thanks for these reports, Shiki. Please feel free to add to this thread rather than to create a new thread for each issue you want to report.

The Apply/Close is the choice of the Qt team, rather than our translator; we use the standard Chinese translation included with Qt for things like the strings used in buttons.

We'll ensure the issue with "flat" in the context of beams is taken care of in a future revision of the translation.

Return to “Dorico”