Formatted drive [ASAP]

Discussions about our next-generation scoring application, Dorico.
thymotheus

Formatted drive [ASAP]

Post by thymotheus »

HI,

2 days ago I run into some virus that wiped my hard drive... At least I keep all my scores on iCloud. I've almost finished the whole installation/activation of all my stuff and I've realised I've lost my Dorico license... I bought a download version and don't have the eLicenser dongle. What can I do to activate Dorico on a newly installed MacOS Catalina?

I have a competition deadline at the 31st of October and really need to get it working ASAP...

MarcLarcher
Grand Senior Member

Re: Formatted drive [ASAP]

Post by MarcLarcher »

Hi thymotheus.
There is a reactivation procedure at mysteinberg site, have you been there ? Providing you have the former license (probably in an e-mail) you should be able to get a new valid license for your new drive almost immediately.
Hope it helps!
Marc Larcher

OS X 10.15.6, macbook pro 2019 16" (8 cores i9 @ 2.3GHz, 32GB, 1TB)
Opera singer (lyric tenor), photographer, sound engineer, XeLaTeX user and music engraver (Dorico Pro 3.5.10, and Photoscore Ultimate 2020.1.14(9.0.2))
French is my native language

Ulf
Steinberg Employee

Post by Ulf »

Here's the link to the page Marc refers to: https://helpcenter.steinberg.de/hc/en-u ... ion-codes-

If that does not help you, maybe Daniel can send you a trial license to at least get you going for your deadline.
Steinberg employee

benwiggy

Post by benwiggy »

thymotheus wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:15 am
2 days ago I run into some virus that wiped my hard drive... At least I keep all my scores on iCloud.
Are you sure it was a virus, and not some other problem, like a faulty drive? Malware usually does stuff like monitoring your keyboard and web activities, or ransoming your data. There doesn't seem to be a known one that wipes disks.

https://www.macworld.co.uk/feature/mac- ... t-3668354/

If you don't have a TimeMachine backup, you should set one up. iCloud Drive is not a backup: it just syncs your data, so if you (or malware) delete a file, that deletion will be synced. (Erasing the disk obviously doesn't erase iCloud, though!)
MacMini 2018, 3GHz i5, 32Gb RAM | MacBook Pro 2014, 2.2 GHz i7 | Garritan Personal Orchestra 5
Ancient Groove Music

Return to “Dorico”