Divisi F.Horns Error?

Discussions about our next-generation scoring application, Dorico.
tanreb

Divisi F.Horns Error?

Post by tanreb »

So, when I go to my Condensing Layout, which I create following this tutorial: https://www.instagram.com/p/CGAMzdzg5mG/) I have a problem, in the complete score I have "A image"
A-HornDivisi.png
(94.27 KiB) Not downloaded yet
but in the condensing Layout I don't have the complete chord "B image"
A-HornDivisi.png
(94.27 KiB) Not downloaded yet
, and this only happen with 3rd Horn.

All tho other instruments (and chords in condensing layout) are correct, that only happens in 3rd Horn

Does anyone know what is happening?
Thanks!
Attachments
B-HornDivisi.png
(47.89 KiB) Not downloaded yet

Rob Tuley
Grand Senior Member

Re: Divisi F.Horns Error?

Post by Rob Tuley »

You have some unison notes between different instruments. By default Dorico tries not to throw away any information about exactly who plays which notes. (Compare the second chords in bars 3 and 4 which have the same notes but played by different horns.)

You can force it do so something different with a Condensing Change. (I can't give you more detailed help because I don't know what you want the score to look like, but you probably want the manual condensing option where you can specify which instruments have up and down stem notes.)

If you just want the horns condensed onto 2 staves (1-3 and 2-4) you can change the condensing groups in Layout Options.

tanreb

Post by tanreb »

Mmm... Thanks! I'm going to try to change in the options

tanreb

Post by tanreb »

Rob Tuley wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:53 pm
You have some unison notes between different instruments. By default Dorico tries not to throw away any information about exactly who plays which notes. (Compare the second chords in bars 3 and 4 which have the same notes but played by different horns.)

You can force it do so something different with a Condensing Change. (I can't give you more detailed help because I don't know what you want the score to look like, but you probably want the manual condensing option where you can specify which instruments have up and down stem notes.)

If you just want the horns condensed onto 2 staves (1-3 and 2-4) you can change the condensing groups in Layout Options.
Finally I find the way that I can condense 1 3 and 2 4 but when I try 1 2 3 4 the 3rd is stems down... But for now, it's OK, thank you!!☺️☺️

Return to “Dorico”