Invisible Noteheads

Discussions about our next-generation scoring application, Dorico.
afewnotes

Invisible Noteheads

Post by afewnotes »

Is there a way to create a notehead with 0% opacity and always hide ledger lines? It's annoying to have to do this in the properties every time. Am I missing something with setting properties "globally", perhaps?

Lillie Harris
Steinberg Employee

Re: Invisible Noteheads

Post by Lillie Harris »

I think the hiding ledger lines probably has to be done to individual notes, but the invisible notehead part you can make easier by creating a headless notehead set.

afewnotes

Post by afewnotes »

The problem with a headless notehead set is that there doesn't seem to be an option to set the notehead to 0% opacity. (Is there?) Using nothing as the notehead then creates an issue when trying to select the note, which is why I preferred setting the opacity.

Lillie Harris
Steinberg Employee

Post by Lillie Harris »

In Daniel's steps that I linked to, he uses the technique of entering empty text spaces as the notehead, which a number of users have used as it leaves something you can select later. It's up to you which method you prefer of course :)

afewnotes

Post by afewnotes »

My mistake. I should've read in detail.

Not sure which I prefer, as it's still difficult to select the notes. The issue is that I typically use this in conjunction with glissandi and the glissando line is often easier to select. Anyway, I do wish opacity and hiding stems and ledger lines could be globally selected for note sets. Thank you for responding.

MarcLarcher
Grand Senior Member

Post by MarcLarcher »

Dear afewnotes,
Maybe you should explore the record macro feature. Its result is usermacro (on my mac it's not far from my own keycommand.json, in the user library /application support /Steinberg /Dorico 3.5), and if you change the name, it will remain in the macro menu.
Last edited by MarcLarcher on Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marc Larcher

OS X 10.15.6, macbook pro 2019 16" (8 cores i9 @ 2.3GHz, 32GB, 1TB)
Opera singer (lyric tenor), photographer, sound engineer, XeLaTeX user and music engraver (Dorico Pro 3.5.10, and Photoscore Ultimate 2020.1.14(9.0.2))
French is my native language

RedtideMusic

Post by RedtideMusic »

Select all the notes you wish to hide then change the opacity to 0, if I understand your problem.
"Dorico is not only a writing partner, but also a composition partner." Paolo

Dorico 3.5, Cubase 11, clarinet (Bb, A & Eb Buffet), piano (Walter 6'5) and a bunch of Moog (Semi modular line)

Return to “Dorico”