3.5 Down arpeggio with arrow has a messed up arrow, in any font other than Bravura

Discussions about our next-generation scoring application, Dorico.
high5ths

3.5 Down arpeggio with arrow has a messed up arrow, in any font other than Bravura

Post by high5ths »

I have some "down" arpeggios with arrows which displayed perfectly in Dorico 3.1. In Dorico 3.5 the down arrow seems to be flipped the wrong way. Disclaimer! I use a custom SMUFL font, and obviously this is the problem. In Bravura, arpeggios with down or up arrows look fine. I wouldn't post at all, except that I checked and this down-arpeggio problem appears in Petaluma, too (and November 2.0), so it seems there's something bigger going on.

I can workaround this, of course, but obviously I'd prefer not to...
ArpeggioArrows.png
(112.46 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Otherwise, huge congratulations on Dorico 3.5, which continues pushing all notational boundaries and making the program more functional with each update!

Jeff
Attachments
ArpeggioArrows.dorico.zip
(597.48 KiB) Downloaded 11 times
Jeffrey Grossman
http://www.jeffreygrossman.com
Sibelius, Finale, SCORE engraver and professional musician

Daniel at Steinberg

Re: 3.5 Down arpeggio with arrow has a messed up arrow, in any font other than Bravura

Post by Daniel at Steinberg »

Yes, as part of the revamp of how lines work in Dorico 3.5, the direction of the down arpeggio glyph has had to be reversed. It looks like we may have missed doing this in Petaluma, for which apologies; we'll sort that out as soon as possible.

NorFonts

Re: 3.5 Down arpeggio with arrow has a messed up arrow, in any font other than Bravura

Post by NorFonts »

Hi,

I could fix this with my BopMusic font, thanks a lot for pointing that. :idea:

Dorico 3.5 macOS Catalina

BopMusicSMFL
PastedGraphic-12.png
(157.27 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Bravura
PastedGraphic-11.png
(111.06 KiB) Not downloaded yet
—NOR EDDINE BAHHA
Jazz Pianist and Type Designer
https://norfonts.ma

BOPMUSIC FONTS FOR DORICO https://norfonts.ma/product/bopmusic-fonts-for-dorico
REALSCORE FONTS FOR DORICO https://norfonts.ma/product/realscore-fonts-for-dorico
JAZZOLOGY: THE ENCYCLOPEDIA OF JAZZ THEORY FOR ALL MUSICIANS https://www.amazon.co.uk/Jazzology-Ency ... 0634086782
NorB FONTS https://www.myfonts.com/foundry/norfonts/

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014) — 2,8 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 — 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Del_Gesu

Post by Del_Gesu »

Hello,
I have the same problem with arpeggio, but my version of Dorico is 3.1.1.
Currently I am doing a revision of my score, that I did in Dorico 2 and all the down arpeggios are wird.
How can I fix it?

Daniel at Steinberg

Have you installed the trial version of Dorico 3.5 and hence ended up with a later version of the Bravura font than is intended for use with Dorico 3.1? I believe the latest version of Bravura at the time of Dorico 3.1's release was version 1.271, which you can download here.

Del_Gesu

Post by Del_Gesu »

Yes, indeed I installed Dorico 3.5 by mistake (I thought it was a free update) and immediately uninstalled. Now I downloaded version 1.271 of Bravura and it seems everything is ok. Thank you!

mducharme

Post by mducharme »

Is there any way to fix this? I am running into this right now.

mducharme

Post by mducharme »

Also, I am using Bravura.. Dorico 3.5 latest update.

Daniel at Steinberg

Can you check what version of Bravura you have installed? It should be version 1.39.

mducharme

Post by mducharme »

I looked in the .json file and it shows I have 1.39.

Daniel at Steinberg

Try installing the attached version of Bravura, version 1.391. Provided you're running Dorico 3.5 or later this version should certainly produce the correct arrowheads for arpeggio signs, so long as you're using Bravura itself in your project of course.
Attachments
Bravura.otf.zip
(380.02 KiB) Downloaded 5 times

mducharme

Post by mducharme »

Thanks Daniel, that OTF fixed it. The only thing I can think of is that I installed a new version of MuseScore to act as an XML conversion intermediary step - that might have downgraded Bravura.

Return to “Dorico”