How to change the distance between the left-hand page edge and the start of the music?

Discussions about our next-generation scoring application, Dorico.
kimfierens

How to change the distance between the left-hand page edge and the start of the music?

Post by kimfierens »

More specifically, I would like to set the distance indicated by the green line to 0. The image is for inclusion in a webpage and becomes easier to handle if there is absolutely no margin between the left-hand "page" edge and the leftmost tip of the brace.

Thanks for reading and cheerio!

dankreider
Grand Senior Member

Re: How to change the distance between the left-hand page edge and the start of the music?

Post by dankreider »

If your margins are set to 0, you'll get this:

You probably have the first system of the flow set to indent. Layout options--Note Spacing, set to 0.

Well, actually you'll want to set that to 0, and set the margin to something a little higher, so the brace is included on the page.
Dan Kreider
hymnworks.com
Dorico training: dankreider.com/dorico
Dorico 3.5.11, Windows 10

kimfierens

Re: How to change the distance between the left-hand page edge and the start of the music?

Post by kimfierens »

Thanks! It works perfectly if I set the indent to 1 5/8 spaces.

odod

Post by odod »

is it possible to change the brace symbol using other fonts? sorry if a bit OOT
Cubase 10.5, FL Studio 20, ProTools 2020, Reaper 6, Dorico, Sibelius, MacPro 2019, UA16, Kali LP8, EWQL Diamond, Pianoteq 6, Ivory II, Slate, Plugin Alliance, Soundtoys, etc./b]

zappazap

MarcLarcher
Grand Senior Member

Post by MarcLarcher »

odod wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:24 am
is it possible to change the brace symbol using other fonts? sorry if a bit OOT
I think there are options in Engraving options. And you could use Music Symbols editor in Engrave menu to change it — never tried this though.

Attachments
Capture d’écran 2020-10-25 à 09.46.03.png
(197.98 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Marc Larcher

OS X 10.15.6, macbook pro 2019 16" (8 cores i9 @ 2.3GHz, 32GB, 1TB)
Opera singer (lyric tenor), photographer, sound engineer, XeLaTeX user and music engraver (Dorico Pro 3.5.10, and Photoscore Ultimate 2020.1.14(9.0.2))
French is my native language

Return to “Dorico”