Request: Make condensing labels automatically avoid barlines

Discussions about our next-generation scoring application, Dorico.
Frigolito

Request: Make condensing labels automatically avoid barlines

Post by Frigolito » Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:04 pm

Hi,

A problem that occurs very often is that the condensing labels per default seem to coincide with the barlines. I have however noticed that the background of the labels are being erased as a default, but IMO putting objects over barlines with their backgrounds erased seems to be kind of a last resort when there isn’t enough space, and frankly, it looks kind of ridiculous doing it with the “1.”… Therefore I think it would come in handy to be able to make the condensing labels automatically avoid the barlines. Is this something worth considering in the future?

All the best!
HW: Intel Core i5-8300H | Intel Optane Memory 16 GB | Realtek High Definition Audio
SW: Microsoft Windows 10 Home 10.0.17763 | Steinberg Dorico Pro 3.1.10.1032 | Wallander Instruments NotePerformer 3.3.1 | C o c k o s REAPER 6 | Native Instruments Komplete 12 Ultimate | EastWest Play 5.0.6 | Avid Sibelius 7.1.3

Derrek
Grand Senior Member

Re: Request: Make condensing labels automatically avoid barlines

Post by Derrek » Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:01 pm

Particularly in the case of full scores where type is small already, having condensed player labels (more) clearly visible would be helpful.

partNumber.png
(4.26 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Dorico Pro 3.5.0.1020, Finale (v26), GPO, JABB3, GWI, NotePerformer 3, CuBase Pro 10.5 newbie
Windows 10 (also Mac Catalina as alternate)
US English Keyboard

Return to “Dorico”