Delete WaveLab Element activations codes from eLicenser

Post questions and find answers on our latest WaveLab releases here.
tor1986bsru

Delete WaveLab Element activations codes from eLicenser

Post by tor1986bsru » Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:58 pm

I accidentally added two of my activation codes to USB-eLicenser, instead of Soft-eLicenser. And from my understanding it's not possible to move between USB-eLicenser, and Soft-eLicenser. So I wonder if it's possible with the use of my proof of purchase to inactivate/delete these codes, and be able to receive new ones. So that I can start the process of registering them all over again.

Another issue is that one of my friends registered one of my purchased keys to his own MySteinberg account, instead of just sending me the serial number, so that I could register it to my own MySteinberg account. So I wonder if it's possible to move keys between different MySteinberg accounts, or if it's simply locked to the account it was initially registered to.

BR,
Tanapong

mr.roos

Re: Delete WaveLab Element activations codes from eLicenser

Post by mr.roos » Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:32 am

You need to contact Steinberg about this because it's in their wheelhouse. Create a ticket in the Support area.

Funny but my Steinberg products are all on the USB Dongle. I can't use the 'Soft elicenser'. Actually I don't think anyone can? Sure, it shows up in the eLicenser Control Center but I don't think it actually works. It is described as something for someone to use if they can't get on line, but, well, I'm not sure that is the case for anyone these days, and if it is, I pity the download process for the various Steinberg products over time.

Actually, my old dongle was acting up and Steinberg suggested I buy a new dongle, which I did. They did not suggest I load to the 'soft elicenser'.
Cubase 10 Pro from SX3, WaveLab Pro 9.5, iC Pro remote app, Win10 64-bit (1903 update installed), Intel i7 8700 Coffee Lake 6-Core 3.2GHz, 32G DDR4 3200, Gigabyte Z390 Designare MB, Radeon RX570 Graphics card, Mackie 1640i (FireWire via TI chipset PCI-E card), M-Audio Keystation 61es controller via an M-Audio Midi-Sport 1X1.

Makumbaria

Post by Makumbaria » Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:28 am

mr.roos wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:32 am

Funny but my Steinberg products are all on the USB Dongle. I can't use the 'Soft elicenser'. Actually I don't think anyone can? Sure, it shows up in the eLicenser Control Center but I don't think it actually works. It is described as something for someone to use if they can't get on line
Soft elicenser works just fine. I use it for my Dorico and wavelab elements licenses, and the USB key to my Cubase pro and other stuff. Soft elicenser is not only for people that can't go online, in fact, it is exactly the opposite. Soft elicenser cannot download licenses without Internet access.

Here is a quote from the Steinberg site:

"Steinberg programs that are using a Soft-eLicenser - a virtual license container on the hard disk - require a computer with Internet access. Without Internet access, licenses cannot be downloaded via the eLicenser Control Center."
Cubase Pro 10.0.30 / 6.5.5 / Cubasis 2.8 / CMC-TP/CH/AI/QC/PD / Cubase IC Pro 1.2.2
Windows 10 Pro 64 bits/ i7 3630QM / 2.4Ghz / 16 GB & i7 950 / 3.06Ghz / 8GB RAM / Focusrite Scarlett 18i8
Dorico 2.2.10 / Halion 6.2.10 / Halion Sonic 3.2.10 / Padshop Pro 1.2.10 / HSO 1.0 / The Grand 3.2.0/

Ivory II Italian Grand / Ravenscroft 275 / Vienna imperial piano / Alicia Keys Piano / Addictive drums 2 & Keys / Ezdrummer 2 / Abbey Road Modern Drums / GPO 5 / VSL / Vienna Mir pro 24 /Bias amp & FX 1 & 2/ Amplitube 3 & 4 / Kuassa Creme & One / TH2 & 3 / Mercuriall Spark & Reaxis / Nugen Audio / Slate Digital / Wave Arts / Waves V9 & V10 / Softube / Toneboosters / NI / Neural DSP Darkglass ultra / PSP audioware / Markstudio 2 /

mr.roos

Post by mr.roos » Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:20 am

Create a ticket with Steinberg Support, this is the best answer I have. Sorry.
Cubase 10 Pro from SX3, WaveLab Pro 9.5, iC Pro remote app, Win10 64-bit (1903 update installed), Intel i7 8700 Coffee Lake 6-Core 3.2GHz, 32G DDR4 3200, Gigabyte Z390 Designare MB, Radeon RX570 Graphics card, Mackie 1640i (FireWire via TI chipset PCI-E card), M-Audio Keystation 61es controller via an M-Audio Midi-Sport 1X1.

Return to “WaveLab Pro 9 | WaveLab Elements 9”