Mysterious WPR file Extension all of a sudden

All topics on WaveLab 9 and WaveLab Elements 9
thenowhereman

Mysterious WPR file Extension all of a sudden

Post by thenowhereman » Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:27 pm

I'm trying to use the loudness normalizer as I always do before sending mixes to the mastering houses I uses. I normalize @ -16LUFS to leave plenty of headroom on my 96k/32bit files for the mastering engineers. Today out of the blues I'm getting a weird .wpr file extension added to my .wav files when I choose 'Save As'. These files are 5 kb files. I have attached screen grabs. If I close out Wavelab Pro 9 and reopen it I can save one or two this way then I have to close it out and start the process all over. Now I can only do one file at a time. I worked on Saturday in Wavelab and had no such problem.

Upon a google search I found the following:
WPR files are Uncommon Files primarily associated with Wing IDE Main Project File (Archaeopteryx Software Inc.). Additional types of files may also be using the WPR file extension.

As you can see in the normal 'Save As' screen there is a Format entry box that defaults to Wav. On the offending screen there is no Format entry box visible.

Has anyone encountered this before? I am baffled not to mention it is taking me twice as long to get my work done and I have25 more songs to do for three projects. HELP PLease
UPDATE OK it is Monday and I'm swamped with work
Upon looking closely at my screen grabs I found that for some reason, which I have never had in all my years with Wavelab, when I'm going to 'Save As' the screen is defaulting to 'Project' instead of 'Current File'. Any thoughts on why this default has changed?
Thanks for indulging me
Attachments
wpr extension.jpg
This is the wpr screeen
(320.17 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Normal Save As.jpg
This is my normal 'Save As' screen
(349.85 KiB) Not downloaded yet

PG

Re: Mysterious WPR file Extension all of a sudden

Post by PG » Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:09 pm

On the 1st picture, you "save as" the project, which has the extension .wpr (no relation with Archaeopteryx).
On the 2nd picture, you "save as" the audio file.
Philippe

thenowhereman

Post by thenowhereman » Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:22 am

I understand that if you read my entire post you’ll see I noted that. I’m trying to find out why after using Wavelab for close to 15 years. I’ve never seen this or understand why it would default to the project on the second file I try to save after the normal default of current file save.

PG

Post by PG » Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:46 am

after using Wavelab for close to 15 years.
Then I recommend you to use this option:
2019-04-09_08-44-47.png
(43.29 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Philippe

Arjan P

Post by Arjan P » Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:23 am

IIRC, in my situation the default save as selection is the 'Current File', so the question remains: why does it default to 'Project' in your case? I thought the last selection was remembered.
--- "If anyone owes it all to Bach, it's God" - Emil Cioran ---
SOFT: (All 64 bit) | WaveLab 10.0.10 | Cubase 10.0.50 | HALion 6.0 | Win10 Pro - SoundCloud
HARD: i7-950 | Asus P6TD | 30GB | Tascam DM-3200 | DigiMax48 | Midisport 8x8 - SoundByte Studio

thenowhereman

Post by thenowhereman » Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:55 pm

Arjan P wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:23 am
IIRC, in my situation the default save as selection is the 'Current File', so the question remains: why does it default to 'Project' in your case? I thought the last selection was remembered.
Exactly. I have never changed the Global tabs and for the program to be correct with the 'Current File' on the first file and revert to the 'Project' tab on the next file is odd

thenowhereman

Post by thenowhereman » Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:59 pm

PG wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:46 am
after using Wavelab for close to 15 years.
Then I recommend you to use this option:
2019-04-09_08-44-47.png
Thank you and it worked but I prefer the larger 'File' format screen. I guess I will just have to check each time I use 'Save As' for a file

Return to “WaveLab Pro 9 | WaveLab Elements 9”