WaveLab Pro and WaveLab Elements 9.5 trial versions available

Post questions and find answers on our latest WaveLab releases here.
Luis Dongo

WaveLab Pro and WaveLab Elements 9.5 trial versions available

Post by Luis Dongo » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:38 am

Dear Forum members,

we are pleased to announce the availability of the WaveLab Pro 9.5 and WaveLab Elements 9.5 Trial versions.
They provide the full WaveLab experience for a period of 30 days.

To download the trials and for more information please visit this site.

All the best,
Luis Dongo
Marketing Manager - Pro Audio

Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany
Connect with Steinberg on Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram and SoundCloud.

saforray

Re: WaveLab Pro and WaveLab Elements 9.5 trial versions available

Post by saforray » Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:57 am

Tried installing this trial on Mac OS 10.9.5. As soon as I launch it immediately gives me an error message and does not let me proceed.

Romantique Tp
External Moderator

Post by Romantique Tp » Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:40 pm

Ancient versions of OS X aren't supported.
Every time someone says "it must be easy to add/fix", a programmer dies.

Cubase Pro and Wavelab Pro (latest), Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, MSI Z87-G45 GAMING, i5 4690k, GeForce GTX 760, almost every Steinberg plugin and expansion, Trilian, Komplete 10, etc etc etc etc

athanasios

Post by athanasios » Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:54 pm

Hi all,
how do I activate the trial version? I bought the full version of Wavelabs Elements 9.5 and for the life of me, I cannot see where I can enter the activation code.

thrawn

Post by thrawn » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:27 pm

Allright, I tried this version. At first glance, I was impressed. Which is where it stops: at the visuals. The visual improvements are good. However, I am not impressed with the rest.
The improved error correction in Wavelab is inferior to the one I already have in iZotope.
Render selected frequency range is buggy, at least on third party plugins.
I ran this through a reverb (Slate Verbsuite classics) and use the only available option, which is to use the spectrumeditor and then render the selected range through the master section. In theory, all is well. In reality, what always happens is that the rendered effect (in this case reverb) is bypassed after some seconds. This bypass is introduced with a click. Simply put, it's buggy, unreliable and unsafe to use.
And, of course, with still no proper automation support, my conclusion is that I will not upgrade. I will, as before, continue to do all processing in Cubase 9.5 and only render the master formats in Wavelab.

artiebow

Post by artiebow » Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:43 pm

Hi - how does one get replies to pre-sales questions? I installed the trial of Wavelab Elements 9.5 and it is operational. Read the Wavelab Elements documentation, looked at Youtube videos – I have a few questions, wondering where to address them? Thanks ...
Luis Dongo wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:38 am
Dear Forum members,

we are pleased to announce the availability of the WaveLab Pro 9.5 and WaveLab Elements 9.5 Trial versions.
They provide the full WaveLab experience for a period of 30 days.

To download the trials and for more information please visit this site.

All the best,

bob99

Post by bob99 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:06 pm

thrawn wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:27 pm
The improved error correction in Wavelab is inferior to the one I already have in iZotope.
Render selected frequency range is buggy, at least on third party plugins.
I ran this through a reverb (Slate Verbsuite classics) and use the only available option, which is to use the spectrumeditor and then render the selected range through the master section. In theory, all is well. In reality, what always happens is that the rendered effect (in this case reverb) is bypassed after some seconds. This bypass is introduced with a click. Simply put, it's buggy, unreliable and unsafe to use.
And, of course, with still no proper automation support, my conclusion is that I will not upgrade. I will, as before, continue to do all processing in Cubase 9.5 and only render the master formats in Wavelab.
I just wondered, how do you render selected frequency range? I don't see that option on the Spectrum tab or the Render options.

Do you mean you make a frequency selection, and then use the Render In Place button on the plugin menu?

frenchman

Post by frenchman » Sat Jun 08, 2019 4:44 pm

Hi,
I would like to test Wavelab 9.5 Elements trial version on a couple of computers (mac and PC) on which I already have an operational version of the full 9.5 version installed.
Do 9.5 and 9.5 elements install as completely different applications, or do they share prefs etc... ? I know that usually you apps are well behaved and can live alongside one another but in this case would it be ok with these two versions of 9.5 ?
I often interact with musicians as clients or when I teach, and I am trying to evaluate if the elements version is enough for pros that need efficient software but less complicated than the full version.
Thanks
Mark Haliday
Paris
Mark Haliday
Recording/mixing/mastering Engineer, Paris, France

Return to “WaveLab Pro 9 | WaveLab Elements 9”