Nuendo 7 official release date & Grace Period start

Post general topics related to Nuendo 7 here.
Big K

Re: Nuendo 7 official release date & Grace Period start

Post by Big K »

Just to give it another angle...

Cubase costs 550 Euro & includes all NEK features?
How much of this price is calculated for the NEK features in Cubase?

Nuendo 6 costs 1.700 Euro ( is that incl. NEK? It doesn't tell..).
Nuendo is 1.150 Euro more expensive.

Nuendo is worth the investment. No doubt about it.
But to ask extra money for NEK in each and every upgrade is not in order.
But it is ever so easy to solve the problem... leave it aside.
M2c ...

Big K
Nuendo 10, WaveLab 9.5, RME, UAD, PoCo, Win10/64 bit, PC i7 3930K, 16GB RAM, Intensity Pro, Melodyne 5, Spectrasonics, VSL, All Brainworx & Plugin Alliance, Genelec 1031 for 5.1, Quested HQ 210, NS10s, sevaW lla, LAWO, Neumanns, Brauners, Sennheisers, Schoeps, Sony DASH3324S, 42 RUs of classic hardware, professionally build and designed studio acoustics. SB-User since Cubase 2.0, Nuendo 1.5, WaveLab 1.5 ...

Oliver.Lucas

Post by Oliver.Lucas »

Oliver.Lucas wrote:I seriously think it's time to calm down about the NEK's pricing.

Compare this to another audio post DAW:

ProStools forces you to subscribe to a software you have bought previously for 590/year at the threat of losing your license upgradability if you let your subscription lapse. At the same time they call their software version 12 while there is NO significant new feature. (Not even freeze :lol: )

Steinberg on the other hand regularly delivers a number of useful features and charges a very reasonable price.

I believe that if we open our eyes to reality we must say that we are extremely lucky with the way our DAW of choice is developing at the moment.
One more thing:

If the upgrade cost for Nuendo was 250 for everyone without the existence of a NEK, would you complain?
(By the way: The price for Ediload by Soundsinsync is 782 Euros...)

Stop complaining about the NEK, it's ridiculous.....
Main machine: Fireface UFX+ 64GB, 2TB Hecacore macmini 10.14.x, egpu
Avid ProTools Ulitimate and S3. A gazillion plugings
https://aufnahme.myds.me

Fredo
External Moderator

Post by Fredo »

Lydiot wrote:So in other words I really really really doubt any post facility cares at all about the price of the NEK.
So what you are saying, the more money you think people are making, the more you can charge them.
So Sir Paul Mc Cartney's copy of Cubase was also charged 10.000€ !?
:)

Fredo

MattiasNYC
Grand Senior Member

Post by MattiasNYC »

So now that the new version is available in the shop-section of the website, how do we go about getting it without paying?
Nuendo 10.2.2 build 396 / Lynx TWO-B / Windows 10 Pro 64-bit / Ryzen 1700 3.6GHz (oc) / 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4@3200MHz / Radeon VII / ASUS x370-A mobo ::::: RX Post Production Suite 4 / DaVinci Resolve

GTBannah

Post by GTBannah »

Lydiot wrote:So now that the new version is available in the shop-section of the website, how do we go about getting it without paying?
I don't see it. :?
Derrkins

If that's really what you hear, Play It, Sing It, Write It or Program It!

Mac Mini, 2.6 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB RAM; OS X Mojave 10.14.6; Nuendo 10.2.10.301; Sibelius 7.5; iPad Pro 13"; Cubasis, WaveLab 10.00; Dorico V3.0.0.1038 (Loving it).

MattiasNYC
Grand Senior Member

Post by MattiasNYC »

You have to be creative. In the address field in your browser just replace 65 with 7. Hit enter. Page loads.
Nuendo 10.2.2 build 396 / Lynx TWO-B / Windows 10 Pro 64-bit / Ryzen 1700 3.6GHz (oc) / 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4@3200MHz / Radeon VII / ASUS x370-A mobo ::::: RX Post Production Suite 4 / DaVinci Resolve

GTBannah

Post by GTBannah »

Lydiot wrote:You have to be creative. In the address field in your browser just replace 65 with 7. Hit enter. Page loads.
Man, you must have an "inside lane"! :lol: My browser doesn't show me a version number! :shock:
Derrkins

Mac Mini, 2.6 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB RAM; OS X Mojave 10.14.6; Nuendo 10.2.10.301; Sibelius 7.5; iPad Pro 13"; Cubasis, WaveLab 10.00; Dorico V3.0.0.1038 (Loving it).

tryphon

Post by tryphon »

HP 4.10 GHz - 10Gb RAM - Windows 10 x64
Cubase 9.5 Pro, Nuendo 8, Cubase iC Pro
Focusrite 18i20 - Soundcraft M12 - Adam A77X - CMC: CH, QC, TP
- Arturia V6, UVI Falcon with all libraries

GTBannah

Post by GTBannah »

Derrkins

Fredo
External Moderator

Post by Fredo »

:)

DTSR

Post by DTSR »

Something I'm not clear on, and forgive me if this sounds thick, but this "grace period" scheme, does it apply to upgrade pathways? I'm assuming it doesn't.

Example: 5.5 user bought 6.5 upgrade last week and activates, then, under grace period rules, updates for free to N7.

Is this correct? Or does "grace period" only apply to first time purchasers of Nuendo?

Luis Dongo

Post by Luis Dongo »

DTSR wrote:Something I'm not clear on, and forgive me if this sounds thick, but this "grace period" scheme, does it apply to upgrade pathways? I'm assuming it doesn't.

Example: 5.5 user bought 6.5 upgrade last week and activates, then, under grace period rules, updates for free to N7.

Is this correct? Or does "grace period" only apply to first time purchasers of Nuendo?
Hi DTSR,

the grace period also applies to updates, not only to full versions!

All the best
Luis Dongo
Marketing Manager - Pro Audio

Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany
Connect with Steinberg on Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram and SoundCloud.

DTSR

Post by DTSR »

Luis Dongo wrote:
DTSR wrote:Something I'm not clear on, and forgive me if this sounds thick, but this "grace period" scheme, does it apply to upgrade pathways? I'm assuming it doesn't.

Hi DTSR,

the grace period also applies to updates, not only to full versions!

All the best
Really?

in that case I'm not sure why you don't call the "grace period" an "early-bird special" because effectively one could have bought a 6.5 upgrade yesterday and gotten version 7 today, for free, and saved $100 in the process (in the case of the stated 5.5 to 7 upgrade price); which is what I would have done had I known this applied to upgrades.

As a 5.5 user who was hoping to upgrade I'm not sure how this this adds up, it's a penalty for not taking the 6.5 upgrade during the "grace-period."

MattiasNYC
Grand Senior Member

Post by MattiasNYC »

DTSR wrote:Really?

in that case I'm not sure why you don't call the "grace period" an "early-bird special" because effectively one could have bought a 6.5 upgrade yesterday and gotten version 7 today, for free, and saved $100 in the process (in the case of the stated 5.5 to 7 upgrade price); which is what I would have done had I known this applied to upgrades.

As a 5.5 user who was hoping to upgrade I'm not sure how this this adds up, it's a penalty for not taking the 6.5 upgrade during the "grace-period."
I bought my upgrade to 6.5 from 6 two days ago, activated last night, and had the license converted today using the license center software.

If you read what was written it was pretty clear that it would work that way. I believe Timo stated that any 6.5 license that was activated after the Grace Period had started would qualify for a free upgrade. So to me at least that was pretty clear. I activated my license yesterday. That's during the grace period. The distinction between full version and upgrade didn't even occur to me.

Bifop

Post by Bifop »

Activated my 6.5 update two days ago.
Got Nu7 license today.

Amazing grace.
Personal setup : Nuendo 10 on ASUS PRIME Z270-A -I7 7700K - Win10 pro 64bits- SSD - 4 x LCD screens + 40" on Blackmagic intensity. Steinberg UR824 + MR816 - 2 X Avid Artist Mix + Artist control + Euphonix transport. LCR Focal Twin.

Nuage 32 faders on Mac Pro 12 cores. 5.1 Focal twin. Ssl Xlogic Alpha link Madi at workplace.

Suburban Studios

Post by Suburban Studios »

Hello. Just a quick query regarding a Nuendo version upgrade.

I am currently running Nuendo 5+NEK and have been offered a copy of "Steinberg Nuendo 6 Update from Version 5 Includes NEK (Nuendo Expansion Kit)". Given that this upgrade is from version 5 and I am running version 5.5, will I have a problem upgrading my 5.5+NEK, as I have a version that is one version above the official package that is usually surrendered with this upgrade.

Will this be a problem, or can I simply go ahead and purchase this package. I assume that the upgrade process will let me surrender my 5.5+NEK license in order to upgrade to 6.5 and also take advantage of the Grace Period Update. Could you please confirm that this is possible before I purchase and open this boxed package.

I have had a few issues in the past with my Nuendo licensing, and have even had a 'My Steinberg database Phantom" as described by a Steinberg rep, adding in old copies of Nuendo that were previously upgraded still residing in my My Steinberg account. I hope to avoid any further issues with my licensing, so would appreciate a reply on this.

Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you at your earliest convenience.

Kind regards,
George.

Luis Dongo

Post by Luis Dongo »

Hi George,

the update from Nuendo 5 is also valid for Nuendo 5.5

Regards
Luis Dongo
Marketing Manager - Pro Audio

Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany
Connect with Steinberg on Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram and SoundCloud.

Suburban Studios

Post by Suburban Studios »

HI Luis,

Thank you for the prompt response. It i's much appreciated.

Kind regards,
George

Christian van Caine

Post by Christian van Caine »

I finally got my upgrade from 5.5 to 6.5 earlier this week, and the key was updated instantly to 7 as I registered it. Much obliged, everything went absolutely laser! :-D

Regarding NEK: I love this. I have absolutely no need for NEK right now, never really have, and the price dropped quite a lot when it was separated from the mother-program. I'm more than happy not having to pay for something I don't need. Nuendo 3 cost 20.000:- SEK give or take (mostly take, might have been 21K). Version 4 cost somewhere between 16 and 17.000:- SEK. That was very appreciated I must say.
https://abrokenlinemovie.blogspot.com/

Nuendo 10.2, Wavelab 9.5, Sound Forge Pro 12, Pro 24 III and Cubase 2.01/3.0 (Atari), full Adobe CS6-suite, Plugins from MAAT, Millennia, Eventide, Dolby, Weiss, Sound Toys, Izotope, SSL, and AudioEase to name a few. Aaton Cantar X, Zaxcom Maxx, Fostex FR2.
Windows 10 Pro, Xeon 8-core, ASUS X99 E, Prism Sound Titan, Black Magic Intensity PCIe, Atari MEGA 4 STe with MIDEX+, every kind of hand-held (DPA/phone) known to man, Amiga 600 and a few 500, Commodore 64' and 128's. I am NOT getting into what I use on these, that would take a list of its own.
As much hardware gear, synthesizers, and sounding toys as I can possibly get my paws on. Including for the micro-computers.

Return to “General”