"DEAD CHANNELS"???

Post general topics related to Nuendo 7 here.
Keyplayer

"DEAD CHANNELS"???

Post by Keyplayer » Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:07 pm

Has anyone here ever had a file corruption that resulted in a "DEAD CHANNEL?" The channel looks fine but then you realize that you can't hear it. You check it and THERE,S NO VU/LED ACTIVITY AT ALL. The audio has completely stopped passing through that channel! The only fix (that I've found) is to open a completely new channel, copy the settings from the "dead one," and then move your wave file to that channel. Then it plays your file as expected.

I've had issues with them before. But I determined that I'd actually saved a couple of them in my template. I built a new template and the problem seemed fixed. But today, I actually witness a "group of tracks die!" :shock:

I was processing an audio file with a plug in. For some reason, when I hit preview, the plugin crashed and told me to re-install it, which I did. But the crash required me to restart my controllers, as SOME functions stopped operating, and, on playback I realized that 5 tracks directly after the crashed track had "died" no VU/LED activity. I replaced all of those tracks with the fix I described and they are all playing correctly now. But I'm wondering what causes this.

Has anybody else had this happen?
Nuendo 1.0 - 8.3 |VST Studio Connect Pro | Windows 10 Pro | Intel i7 - 5820K CPU @ 3.30 | 64-bit OS | 32GB of RAM |RME HDSPe RayDAT | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti Video Card | Euphonix MC Control, 2 Mix & Transport | Xkeys | iConnectivity mi10 MIDI Interface | UAD-2 Octo Core with UAD-1 Legacy Ultra Pak | Isotope RX4 | Melodyne 3.2 | Voxengo Plugins | Real Guitar | B4 II | EZ Drummer | Drumagog 4 | Virtual Guitarist 2 | Korg, Roland, Kurzweil Synths | Apogee Big Ben | 32 Channel Panasonic DA-7 desk | Equator D5 (5.1) & Mackie 824 (St.) monitors | VS-1680 & 880 HDR's |

marQs

Re: "DEAD CHANNELS"???

Post by marQs » Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:04 am

The problem comes up from time to time. It's too random to reliably track it to its origin as it happens rarely.

When fixing is possible by copying settings (which is fast and easy) just do it and don't think about. It's getting cheesy when you have lots of automations on the dead track - that's manual work still.
Cubase 10 | WL 9.5 | Fireface UFX | UAD2 Octo/Quad | Win10 Pro 64 | i7-7820 x | Asus Prime X299-A
http://www.secretsource.de
Authentic Drums - Sample Pack for Slate Trigger: https://www.authentic-audio.de/drum-sa ... e-trigger/

Return to “General”