new iMac Pro - can I run N7 on this?

Post general topics related to Nuendo 7 here.
goodbyenine

new iMac Pro - can I run N7 on this?

Post by goodbyenine » Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:44 pm

My topic is the question.

I would really value an official position on this from Steinberg. I need to move my studio forwards (and I am not considering going PC) and there is an opportunity with he new iMac Pro.

I am sticking with N7 at the moment. I see the new 7.1.40 is ready.

The new iMac Pro presumably comes with High Sierra installed. No way to go back to anything earlier.

Can Nuendo 7 (or 8 for that matter) run on this? What issues might I expect to face?

Steinberg, please answer this. I need authoritative information not speculation of guesses please.

Thx.
Late Mac Tower based studio (10.8.5) with N6.5 and 2nd N6.5 (10.8.5), RME Madi via 648, Nanoclock, M3000 x 4 Ext FX, Video via BM Decklink on MP, composition workstation Single Hexacore MP. Sync: MMC N6.5>N6.5. VE Pro 5 always online via slaves. UK TV Music production at 25fps 48k at all times. Softriad Raid management. Powercore 4 running via VE Pro slave, Altiverb hosted on slave as bank of Ext FX. Waves and other plugins. Kontakt 5 central to workflow.

JoshCk

Re: new iMac Pro - can I run N7 on this?

Post by JoshCk » Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:40 pm

Looks like they're still going through testing. I could be wrong though as there isn't a date stamp on the page.

https://helpcenter.steinberg.de/hc/en-u ... patibility

Oliver.Lucas

Re: new iMac Pro - can I run N7 on this?

Post by Oliver.Lucas » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:09 pm

Well, if you fancy rotating fans and (possibly) hard drives next to your ears, I do not see why it should not work.... :lol:
Seriously, if you want to concentrate on what you hear this thing is pretty much useless in an audio post workflow imho.
Latest Nuendo on various Macs
Main machine: Hexacore 3.3 Cheese grater with USB3 and RME Raydat, 48GB RAM, Radeon HD 7970, Caldigit FASTA USB C, Intensity Pro, PT HD 11, macOS 10.13

Return to “General”