Nuendo 8! - Official Preview and further information

Post general topics related to Nuendo 7 here.
GTBannah

Re: Nuendo 8! - Official Preview and further information

Post by GTBannah » Sun Jun 04, 2017 4:33 pm

Sorry! I meant, "with all due respect to Avid and Steinberg".

What does Sequoia have to do with any of that? Just adding perspective. There are some who believe, through no fault of their own, that audio editing begins and ends with the DAWs they know. I'm just trying to help keep feet on the ground.
Derrkins

If that's really what you hear, Play It, Sing It, Write It or Program It!

Mac Mini, 2.6 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB RAM; OS X El Sierra 10.12.4; Nuendo 7 + NEK, Sibelius 7.5, iPad Pro 13", Cubasis, WaveLab 9.00, (Dorico V1.2.10.139). (Couldn't wait anymore. Started learning it).

a-wei

Post by a-wei » Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:39 pm

In the use of the process I found two different video EDL in the use of the bit is not enough to do, because in the animation or TV project will often have the length of the video to modify the situation, will the nuendo 8 inside whether this Function continues to strengthen?

fenderchris

Post by fenderchris » Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:08 am

TimoWildenhain wrote:
Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:39 pm
fenderchris wrote:Hi Timo,

This sounds great.

I love the idea of more frequent new-feature updates. Will this include more frequent bug fixes?

As you can imagine, I'm beside myself with excitement about more cue sends - we both are!

Is it still planned to update N7 with the new video engine before the release of N8, or has that been shelved for now?

(So I was on the right lines about no N7.5) ;)
Hey Chris,

we will stay with about 4 maintenance updates per year, but we will try to offer feature
updates as well. And yes, cue sends are on the list now.

And yes, Nuendo 7 will still get the new video engine in a video engine maintenance update.

Cheers,
Timo

So what happened to the idea of four maintenance updates per year?

Everything seems to be running at a snail's pace.
Chris

The Archers - give it a rest already!

Windows-7 Pro 64-bit, i7 Quad core 2.66 15GB ram, Nuendo-8.3.0, Wavelab-Elements9.5, 2x MR816CSX, RME FireFace UFX, SmartAV Tango-1 + 12-fader expansion, MOTU Express 128, UAD-2 Quad, Lexicon PCM-91, Lexicon MPX-550, TC-Fireworx, Halion-5, Halion Sonic 2, Kontakt-5, Roland V-Drums TD-20X
Cubase iC Pro for iPhone and Android (killed by its parents at birth)
Omnisphere, Trillian + loads of real instruments.

gph

Post by gph » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:30 am

TimoWildenhain wrote:
Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:22 pm
gph wrote:
TimoWildenhain wrote:Hello,

we are happy to have a closer look at the requests. For Nuendo 8.0 we won't have these included.
And regarding the new EQ: it has been developed based on user requests, stating that an 8-band EQ
is a must have for mixing.

Thanks,
Timo
Thanks Timo. I appreciate you taking a look at multiple sequences / tempo / grid segmentation.

If you need any input from a real problem scenario or demo, I'd be more than happy to contribute over Skype, phone, email, face-to-face, or through Christian or Thorsten as part of beta testing.

I understand other users might have asked for an 8-band EQ. The big difference in my mind with that, however, is that if I was really desperate for an 8-band EQ I could select from many to buy and just plug in a VST. The problem I am really depserate to solve cannot be solved with a plugin - the only place I can go is you guys (or the one other DAW that does have the capability).

Thanks - and please - I'd be delighted to draft a problem statement more precisely.

Graham
Thanks Graham. I appreciate your input, let's think about these improvements over the next weeks.

Best,
Timo
Hi Timo -

It's been a long time now - many, many weeks. What is Steinberg's thinking on multiple sequences / flows in Cubase and Nuendo.

Thanks,

Graham

Return to “General”