A colorful time grid

All feature requests and suggestions for upcoming releases of Cubase Pro 8, Cubase Artist 8 and Cubase Elements 8 can be posted here.
DRDRDR

A colorful time grid

Post by DRDRDR » Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:05 am

When working with high subdivisions (ex: 1/128 triplets) the time grid can end up looking too uniform for a clear immediate visual comprehension of what's written. I'd like to be able to tweak the grid's contrast in more details, for example set specific colors to certain vertical lines that I decide are meaningful.

It could be

- a dialog box complete with an abstract bar and a preset menu to help define things, each subdivision's vertical line having it's unique id number and a way to set its color.

- a direct integration in the key editor thru a pop-up floating menu to specify the color of the vertical time grid line currently under the cursor (and (or not, (global option ON/OFF)) all equivalent grid lines in other bars). This menu could be a sub-menu entry in the regular right click menu or appear with a key combination ex: [CTRL] [SHIFT] [SPACE] + Right Click

- accessible thru the Project Logical Editor so I could create color presets and launch them with key commands:
( Container Type is _ Equal _ TimeGridLine _ And
Property _ Property is set _ Event is under cursor )
Set Color _ Set to fixed Value _ Color 10

luckyvac

Re: A colorful time grid

Post by luckyvac » Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:04 pm

hi, have you any answer for the contrast or color of grid ? thanks . lucky :-)

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”