Any way to switch dual-monitor screens besides using mouse?

All feature requests and suggestions for upcoming releases of Cubase Pro 8, Cubase Artist 8 and Cubase Elements 8 can be posted here.
rchaisse

Any way to switch dual-monitor screens besides using mouse?

Post by rchaisse » Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:55 am

Can anyone tell me if there is any way to assign key commands so they will be effective no matter if I'm working on the Track Monitor side, or on the Mixer Monitor side. The 'F' key works this way and several others, but many don't, and I find myself very frustrated because of it.

ex. I'm on the mixer side, I select a track and hit my Key command to show the automation associated with that track. It won't activate until I click the other monitor with my mouse. Then, back I go. It wouldn't be bad except it happens continually through-out my work. There are quite a few other actions that I'm faced with the same thing. Workflow would be so much smoother if I didn't have to deal with this.

Even if there is a way ( outside of Cubase ) to shift attention to the other monitor, other than using a mouse, I would appreciate knowing how.
Cubase 9.5.30 & 10.0.5, Win7 Pro 64-bit, Intel i5, 16gb ram, Tri-Monitors, Presonus SL III with USB Interface

marQs

Re: Any way to switch dual-monitor screens besides using mou

Post by marQs » Wed Apr 13, 2016 6:20 am

I can't tell you but this one gets a huge +1.

Really annoying, this do-an-extra-click-feature was introduced in Cubase 7 and since that time I'm hoping for a solution... :roll:
Cubase 10.5 | WL 10 | Fireface UFX | UAD2 Octo (2x)/Quad PCI-e | Win10 Pro 64 | i7-7820 x | Asus Prime X299-A
http://www.secretsource.de
Authentic Drums - Sample Pack for Slate Trigger: https://www.authentic-audio.de/drum-sa ... e-trigger/

marQs

Post by marQs » Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:02 am

FYI, in Windows' 7 control panel > 'Center für erleichterte Bedienung' (don't know how exactly it's called in the english version, probably something like 'center for easier handling'...) > 'Verwenden der Maus erleichtern' (maybe 'easier mouse handling') you'll find a setting that enables the window you're hovering over.
mouseparty.JPG
(89.59 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Time treshold is set to 500 ms by default. Can be changed via regedit > HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop. Doubleclick 'ActiveWndTrkTimeout' and enter a value in milliseconds (set to decimal values). Changing this setting needs reboot to become effective.

That's not the most practical setting for every windows application but works pretty good within Cubase.

Way more cool would be if Steinberg would implement exactly that to work independent from the OS settings!
Cubase 10.5 | WL 10 | Fireface UFX | UAD2 Octo (2x)/Quad PCI-e | Win10 Pro 64 | i7-7820 x | Asus Prime X299-A
http://www.secretsource.de
Authentic Drums - Sample Pack for Slate Trigger: https://www.authentic-audio.de/drum-sa ... e-trigger/

esencia

Post by esencia » Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:47 pm

rchaisse wrote:Can anyone tell me if there is any way to assign key commands so they will be effective no matter if I'm working on the Track Monitor side, or on the Mixer Monitor side. The 'F' key works this way and several others, but many don't, and I find myself very frustrated because of it.

ex. I'm on the mixer side, I select a track and hit my Key command to show the automation associated with that track. It won't activate until I click the other monitor with my mouse. Then, back I go. It wouldn't be bad except it happens continually through-out my work. There are quite a few other actions that I'm faced with the same thing. Workflow would be so much smoother if I didn't have to deal with this.

Even if there is a way ( outside of Cubase ) to shift attention to the other monitor, other than using a mouse, I would appreciate knowing how.
+1
I'm also looking for a solution to this..

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”