REQUEST: Grid Matrix ala Ableton and Cakewalk

All feature requests and suggestions for upcoming releases of Cubase Pro 8, Cubase Artist 8 and Cubase Elements 8 can be posted here.
vidkid

REQUEST: Grid Matrix ala Ableton and Cakewalk

Post by vidkid »

I have been a Cubase user for over a decade and I LOVE it! I have been forced to use Ableton recently for some live dj type situations and for triggering live clips. Ableton works very well, however as a DAW, it simply does not compare to Cubase imho. So, I would love to be able to create and work and edit and record and do all of the great things that Cubase does so wonderfully, but then I would like to be able to not have to export all of the work and import those tracks in to Ableton for live triggering. It would be awesome if I could do everything I needed,creatively and live, entirely with Cubase. :D Being able to drag and drop clips from Media Bay would rock! Also, since I also purchased a Push controller it would be great if there was an included template that would allow me to trigger a matrix using Push. I see where Sonar/Cakewalk has the ZT...whatever, which is simply a clip matrix triggering module....so I am hoping that the great developers at Steinberg can create something similar.

Thanks,vidkid

MarkyGoldstein

Re: REQUEST: Grid Matrix ala Ableton and Cakewalk

Post by MarkyGoldstein »

Session View is a must for any DAW.

+1

Leonard_A

Post by Leonard_A »

Do it please.
WE deserve a PUSH-like controller for Cubase. Alternatively we could get some sort of template to have it fully integrated with Cubase
Windows 10 Pro | Cubase Pro 10 | Ableton Live 10 Suite | WaveLab Elements 10 | Cubasis | HALion 6 | Groove Agent 5| NI Massive | Xfer Serum | Lennar Sylenth1 | CC121 | PUSH 2 | UR28M | HS7 monitors | DT770 | DT1990

zyguli

Post by zyguli »

+1

profezeus

Post by profezeus »

+1
System 1: Custom ADK 9700Z Laptop with 4 internal SSD's, i7-4790K CPU, 32GB RAM, RME Babyface - Windows 8.1 64bit, Cubase Pro 10.5.12 & 10.0.50
System 2: Custom ADK 8600 Laptop with 3 internal SSD's, i7-2820QM CPU, 16GB RAM, RME Babyface - Windows 7 64bit, Cubase Pro 9.5.50
VSL, VEP5, East West CC, Arturia V Collection etc., CC121, various keyboards and acoustic instruments.

drmq

Post by drmq »

+1

The guys of garageband have added it too.

JeanTalu

Post by JeanTalu »

+1

neverfall

Post by neverfall »

+1
Absolutely. No need to bother with buying a whole another DAW just for this functionality or creating workarounds in Max ( :? ). Native solutions rule.
MacBook Pro 13 mid-2012 maxed out | Mac OS 10.11.5 | Cubase Artist 8.5 | Stuff | More stuff

zyguli

Post by zyguli »

+1

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”