CP8's disgusting performance..? fixed with updates

Post general topics related to Cubase Pro 8, Cubase Artist 8 and Cubase Elements 8 here.
shadowfax

Re: CP8's disgusting performance..?

Post by shadowfax » Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:15 pm

jamusic wrote:Well it's good that you got it settled down now. For the record, myself and some others have had this where the meters were right off the charts with no project loaded in at all. That's why I asked.

The last thing I was going to suggest, was that maybe the download files were corrupt, and should be freshly d'l'd, but no matter now.

Best of luck Kevin. You're not the only one who's had this.

Hi, actually when I did my 2nd 'from scratch' re install of everything (Windows 7 included) i did re download the files from the Steinberg download site in case there was a problem with the files..turned out just the same though..

cheers mate, Kevin :)
https://soundcloud.com/knmac ... Cubase 10..Windows 10..Intel Core i9 9900K Coffee Lake Refresh 3.6GHz Eight Core 1151 Socket Overclockable Processor, WD Black WDS250G3X0C SN750 - 250GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD, ASRock AMD Radeon RX580 8GB OC Phantom Gaming D Dual Fan Graphics Card,
Gigabyte Z390 GAMING X Intel Socket 1151 ATX HDMI DDR4 USB C 3.1 M.2 Motherboard, 32GB ram, 2x Team GX2 1TB SATA III SSD. Yamaha N8.

Elektrobolt
Location: A wet blue oblate spheroid spinning around a fiery bright yellow dwarf at 107,000 km/h.

Post by Elektrobolt » Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:12 am

shadowfax wrote:I think for too long now people with problems are being told ''it's your system'' when it actually isn't..
It's very nice to hear about your issue being resolved.
shadowfax wrote:people really seem reluctant to admit it might actually be Cubase's problem..
;)

---

I am genuinely glad that a resolution (or set thereof) has been reached. Likely, your thread will help other in similar situations, which is also happiness. Now, use that computer and make us a merry tune for a bit of a jig. ;)
"Remember that we live only in the present, in this fleeting instant; all the rest of our life is either past and gone, or not yet revealed."

nick galea

Post by nick galea » Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:16 am

I have has the same problem with 3 macs system.. now a total new mac "hakintosh' high powered as can be & the same old glitch, Stutter etc

sigh.. I have fixed it how ever with quite a few tweaks & the reg edit.
10.10.5 Yosemite
Hackintosh 4790k
Processor 4.4ghz
Memory 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 ECC
Amd Pulse Rx580 8gb
noctua nh-d15 cpu cooler
2 x Samsung840 1tb Ssd Drives
Uad apollo twin
Uad Satellite Quad,Fabfilter Bundle, Native Instruments komplete 10. Slate Digital

shadowfax

Post by shadowfax » Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:39 am

nick galea wrote:I have has the same problem with 3 macs system.. now a total new mac "hakintosh' high powered as can be & the same old glitch, Stutter etc

sigh.. I have fixed it how ever with quite a few tweaks & the reg edit.

it doesn't seem to matter how high powered the puter is when you put CP8 on it...(for some of us anyway) :( :(

glad you sorted it.. :) :)
https://soundcloud.com/knmac ... Cubase 10..Windows 10..Intel Core i9 9900K Coffee Lake Refresh 3.6GHz Eight Core 1151 Socket Overclockable Processor, WD Black WDS250G3X0C SN750 - 250GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD, ASRock AMD Radeon RX580 8GB OC Phantom Gaming D Dual Fan Graphics Card,
Gigabyte Z390 GAMING X Intel Socket 1151 ATX HDMI DDR4 USB C 3.1 M.2 Motherboard, 32GB ram, 2x Team GX2 1TB SATA III SSD. Yamaha N8.

cmaffia

Post by cmaffia » Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:08 pm

shadowfax wrote:
Quietly wrote:Sorry Kevin missed that. A real bummer then me old mate as apart from the obvious I'm snookered.
Well..I thought i was snookered until I tried Mixbus 3..

best, Kevin
It could very well be that there's an issue with your system and that Cubase exposes those issues where Harrison MixBus (which is an 84MB installation file) doesn't because it doesn't put the same demands on your system. Your comparing apples to zebras when comparing Cubase to MuxBus.

I had HUGE issues with Cubase 7. I blamed Steinberg being that everything worked fine in 6.5. Turns out my Motherboard chipsets were the culprit and an upgraded replacement from the manufacturer cured all my ills. Never had those issues again and believe me they were severe show stoppers. Obviously the problem was caused by changes with Cubase that hit upon a flaw in my hardware.

You say you've done fresh installs and nothing fixes your problems..well if its a motherboard/hardware related issue then you can rebuild your OS 1000 times and nothing will improve. It's hard to think that the problem could be on your end but if your unwilling to do some troubleshooting by replacing hardware then it's not fair to blame Steinberg entirely. When it's time to get a new computer... reinstall Cubase and let us know how it performs.
Last edited by cmaffia on Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2 Cascaded Tascam DM3200's - IF-FW/DMMKII - IF-AN/DM - Tascam DA-3000 Mastering Recorder - Apogee Rosetta 200 - Cubase 9.0.30 - Sweetwater Creation Station 400 - i7-3770, 3.4GHz Quad Core - 8GB RAM - Windows 7 & 10 Home - UAD-2 Solo - UAD-2 Duo - Steinberg CC121 - 2 x Frontier Tranzport - Wavelab 9 32/64-Bit

Bandcamp: The Sweats
Check out The Bastudio

mbr

Post by mbr » Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:21 pm

what is your power settings in control panel while Cubase is running ?
Cubase 9.5 Recordings done @ 96 kHz / 64 Bit )

Win 7 64-bit SP1 ; i7 Intel @3.50 Hz ; 32 Gigs RAM
256 GB SSD OS ; 1 TB SSD for Recording ; 1 TB SSD for Sample Streaming

Soundcard - O1V96i
Yamaha Steinberg USB Driver V1.9.11 Firmware V1.02 Editor V1.0

UAD-2 (OCTO) ; CMC ( FD, CH, PD, TP, AI & QC )
Many hardware synths and sample libraries ; Millennia ; Midisport 8/8 ; BIG BEN Apogee

Forum member (old forums) since 2003

"The internet is a source of infinite information; the vast majority of which happens to be wrong"

shadowfax

Post by shadowfax » Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:03 am

cmaffia wrote:
shadowfax wrote:
Quietly wrote:Sorry Kevin missed that. A real bummer then me old mate as apart from the obvious I'm snookered.
Well..I thought i was snookered until I tried Mixbus 3..

best, Kevin
It could very well be that there's an issue with your system and that Cubase exposes those issues where Harrison MixBus (which is an 84MB installation file) doesn't because it doesn't put the same demands on your system. Your comparing apples to zebras when comparing Cubase to MuxBus.

I had HUGE issues with Cubase 7. I blamed Steinberg being that everything worked fine in 6.5. Turns out my Motherboard chipsets were the culprit and an upgraded replacement from the manufacturer cured all my ills. Never had those issues again and believe me they were severe show stoppers. Obviously the problem was caused by changes with Cubase that hit upon a flaw in my hardware.

You say you've done fresh installs and nothing fixes your problems..well if its a motherboard/hardware related issue then you can rebuild your OS 1000 times and nothing will improve. It's hard to think that the problem could be on your end but if your unwilling to do some troubleshooting by replacing hardware then it's not fair to blame Steinberg entirely. When it's time to get a new computer... reinstall Cubase and let us know how it performs.

Hi , I mentioned this in a new post but when I updated to 8.3 all my problems just disappeared, 'cept for a couple of minor ones..CP8.3 is working fab now..didn't change any hardware at all..just updated CP8..
should've mentioned that here but I thought the new post was enough..sorry.. :oops: :oops:

Anyway..I'm glad I didn't start mucking about changing motherboards and stuff..
you mention demands on my system my previous version was making incredible demands with a very small project which was explained earlier in this thread, now the same project hardly shows on the performance meter..go figure..I'm just happy that the update did it for me.. :D

best, Kevin :)

chimpspanner

Post by chimpspanner » Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:02 pm

I'm having terrible performance issues too. I can't be 100% certain but I think I've narrowed it down to an nVidia issue. Spoken to several people who said that they had high real-time CPU usage with nVidia chipsets and it didn't go away until they built a new machine. Unfortunately I'm on a laptop so it's not an option for me. I've tried everything; custom power plans, driver re-installs, forcing integrated graphics, forcing dedicated graphics, closing background apps, disabling networking. Just dragging a selection rectangle with *nothing* in the project takes the real-time meter up to 35%. I mean I'm working in Cubase, and getting by. But it's not a pleasant experience right now.
http://www.paulortizmusic.com

HP Envy J130ea | i7 4700MQ | 12GB RAM | 2GB GeForce 740m | Win 10 64-bit | Cubase Pro 8.5

shadowfax

Post by shadowfax » Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:34 pm

chimpspanner wrote:I'm having terrible performance issues too. I can't be 100% certain but I think I've narrowed it down to an nVidia issue. Spoken to several people who said that they had high real-time CPU usage with nVidia chipsets and it didn't go away until they built a new machine. Unfortunately I'm on a laptop so it's not an option for me. I've tried everything; custom power plans, driver re-installs, forcing integrated graphics, forcing dedicated graphics, closing background apps, disabling networking. Just dragging a selection rectangle with *nothing* in the project takes the real-time meter up to 35%. I mean I'm working in Cubase, and getting by. But it's not a pleasant experience right now.

I feel your pain my friend..difficult to give advice when I tried everything also and it ended up all going away with an update..
maybe the same will happen for you, but then again it could be your system, this is always possible..
sad to see that Steiny are still onwards and upwards without fixing bugs that have been around for a long time..

good lick mate.. :)

cmaffia

Post by cmaffia » Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:35 pm

Romantique Tp wrote:
shadowfax wrote: people really seem reluctant to admit it might actually be Cubase's problem..
Because the majority of the people using this DAW aren't having the same issues as you, that's why people are trying to help you fix this problem. I know it's very frustrating, but there has to be something that can be done to fix your performance issues.
+1000
2 Cascaded Tascam DM3200's - IF-FW/DMMKII - IF-AN/DM - Tascam DA-3000 Mastering Recorder - Apogee Rosetta 200 - Cubase 9.0.30 - Sweetwater Creation Station 400 - i7-3770, 3.4GHz Quad Core - 8GB RAM - Windows 7 & 10 Home - UAD-2 Solo - UAD-2 Duo - Steinberg CC121 - 2 x Frontier Tranzport - Wavelab 9 32/64-Bit

Bandcamp: The Sweats
Check out The Bastudio

shadowfax

Post by shadowfax » Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:44 pm

cmaffia wrote:
Romantique Tp wrote:
shadowfax wrote: people really seem reluctant to admit it might actually be Cubase's problem..
Because the majority of the people using this DAW aren't having the same issues as you, that's why people are trying to help you fix this problem. I know it's very frustrating, but there has to be something that can be done to fix your performance issues.
+1000
the 8.30 update fixed all my probs and the 8.5 has made it even better, confirming that it was not my system..

the only problem I have now is that CP8.5 will not open any projects if I click on the project cpr..I have to drag and drop it on the menu bar..never had to do that before..but it's no biggie..just a new problem introduced by the update..
I do thank all who tried to help me...

Winter Rat

Post by Winter Rat » Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:32 pm

shadowfax wrote: the 8.30 update fixed all my probs and the 8.5 has made it even better, confirming that it was not my system..

the only problem I have now is that CP8.5 will not open any projects if I click on the project cpr..I have to drag and drop it on the menu bar..never had to do that before..but it's no biggie..just a new problem introduced by the update..
I do thank all who tried to help me...
About systems, you're right and wrong, because if two persons use the same Cubase and one of them experiences a bug but the other one doesn't I would say that it's about system, I mean hardware+software. Don't get me wrong I don't mean that your system is bad, but some of its features don't let Cubase work in the proper way.

To eliminate the problem with cpr. files I trashed my preferences, now it works as it should.

All the best.
Cubase 9.5
Win 8.1 or Win 10 Pro; Intel Core i7-8700K; Gigabyte GA-Z370 HD3P; 16 GB, 3000 MHz; GeForce GTX 1050.

shadowfax

Post by shadowfax » Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:51 pm

Hi, I'm not trying to say anything about anything.. :) I'm too stupid in the puter arena :(

just sayin my Cubase was a nightmare tried loads of stuff to correct it..latency mon etc..everything said my system was ok..
was never gonna start changing mobo's and stuff..just had a gut feeling, particularly when some of the probs just could not be my system..all the bar lines skewed in the key editor for instance..anyway, everything went away with the updates...and I mean everything!! (that was bothering me anyway, I'm not a power user) and 8.5 has just stepped up another level..running projects on around 5% performance that used to just max out all the time..
I now know for sure my system is ok and was not at fault.. 8-) 8-) because it's exactly the same system that was running the first version of C8..

go figure :? ..I'm just very happy now...will try the prefs thing..Ta.. :)

best, Kevin

Return to “General”