Duplicating a wave inside a clip

Post general topics related to Cubase Pro 8, Cubase Artist 8 and Cubase Elements 8 here.
Lee Batchelor

Duplicating a wave inside a clip

Post by Lee Batchelor »

Hi team,

How can I take a waveform inside a clip in the Sample Editor, make a copy of it, and place it somewhere else in the same clip? In my case, I have the waveform of a crash cymbal. There needs to be another one a few bars (or seconds) later. I just want to duplicate it and shove it over to where it needs to be. As usual, the Cubase documentation is completely useless. Thanks :)!

Here's a pic of what I'm trying to do. I want to copy the waveform and paste it where the cursor is at bar 6.
Attachments
Copy and Paste a Waveform.png
(21.53 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Windows 10 Home / Acer 3.6 GHz / Quad 64 bit / 1 TB SSD, 48 GB RAM
Yamaha Genos / HS8 monitors / Cubase 10.5.2 Pro / UR44 interface

svennilenni
Grand Senior Member

Re: Duplicating a wave inside a clip

Post by svennilenni »

Sorry but copy and paste is definitely explained in the manual. You just have to do it in the projekt window.

Lee Batchelor

Re: Duplicating a wave inside a clip

Post by Lee Batchelor »

Thanks for the quick reply. I now see how you just do it in the actual track. I was looking for a more complicated solution :(. It works..thanks again!

Edit
The reason I missed that very obvious solution was, I thought we could just do the copy and paste the same way we do MIDI data in the Editor window. I was wrong. Beats me why not. Thanks again!
Windows 10 Home / Acer 3.6 GHz / Quad 64 bit / 1 TB SSD, 48 GB RAM
Yamaha Genos / HS8 monitors / Cubase 10.5.2 Pro / UR44 interface

Return to “General”