Memory (Cats)

Let's hear what you have made using our products!
Larsis

Memory (Cats)

Post by Larsis »

Hello guys,

here is our arrangement of Memory from Cats (the musical). It was quite challening to mix all those acoustic guitars together. I am not so sure about the result, so please tell me, what you think. The bass is just playing on low strings with cut off highs and percussions are made with hand beating the wood of the guitar :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xa6JIYW8iJY

Mauri

Re: Memory (Cats)

Post by Mauri »

I think you both were very brave to attempt (rather successfully!) something like this, Klara's vocal is beautiful, clear, and up front, not mixed behind a lot of 'noise', the same could be said about your guitar playing/sound.

I'm an old rocker, not fan of Mr Webber, ;) but one has to give credit where it's due, lovely work by both of you. 8-)
Cubase Pro 10.5 x64 with jBridge | WaveLab Elements 10 | i7 5930K @ 4.6GHz (stable) | ASUS X99 Pro | 32GB RAM | | W10 x64 Dual Boot on 2 SSDs plus 3 SSDs for samples and project/audio files | Fractal Design Define R5 case | Noctua NH-D15 | AMD Radeon RX 580 | Vox ToneLab SE | Mackie HR624 MKII | 2 x UAD2 Solo PCIe | RME HDSPe AIO | 2 x 24" LED monitors...

Larsis

Post by Larsis »

Thank you! It is very important for me to read such a thing, since I do all my mixes by myself.

RuskinF

Post by RuskinF »

The vocals, the acoustic and the percussion, all are perfectly put together.

Return to “Made with Steinberg”