"Never Empty" and "Horizons"

Let's hear what you have made using our products!
rotku

"Never Empty" and "Horizons"

Post by rotku » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:14 pm

Hi all,
Finished two tracks with Cubase. Leaned heavy on HalionSonic and Groove Agent SE. There are also some Kontakt instruments as well. I put together a couple videos to help support the music. Really wish I had more time to devote to projects but a couple a year seems to be my speed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_J1djVG_iEc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwscRR4Efu4

Fink

Re: "Never Empty" and "Horizons"

Post by Fink » Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:24 am

Hey rotku, really nice tune!
Soon I'm gonna try https://giro-d-italia.com/ on smartphone. I think I'll become the next best racer to grace the Earth. Even without luck I'm gonna participate there.

swetch

Post by swetch » Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:23 pm

Nice work. Cute videos, too. If you're hoping for feedback beyond a listen, I'd just suggest varying your piano sound and/or voicings a little more from song to song. There was a similarity that could be seen in a good light as being "your sound", but at the same time there's a point to be made about things possibly being seen as "more of the same", or "too much of a good thing".
This is totally a matter of taste, and it's very subjective. Just sharing my impression, but also saying that your music is good, and hoping you and others will get joy from it.

PeppaPig

Post by PeppaPig » Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:08 pm

Nicely done, just a mixing taste comment, I don't know the genre at all so this may be exactly how it's supposed to sound, the drums could do with a bit more room sound to gel them into the mix and perhaps sidechain and duck the snare 1-2db behind the main vocal - which also needs to come up slightly or set up a distortion send on the vocal, parallel mix it to add some fizz at the top end to cut through the mix.

(edit) sounds counter-intuitive (to bringing the vocal forward) but after bringing the vocal forward I'll also set a high and low-passed send to the same room verb as the drums to add a sense of being in the same room.
Cubase Pro 9.5, Pro9.0.20. WaveLab 9 EL. UA Apollo Quad FW, UA PCI Octo, UA Satelite Quad, Golden Audio pre73 DLX, Intel i7 6850x@4.2Ghz (6C/12T), Asus x99 Deluxe II, AMD 6450 HD, Windows 10 Pro, Samsung 840 and 850 SSDs, 64Gb RAM - Melodyne Studio, Komplete ultimate 11, Halion 6, GA,GA2,GA3,GA4 (+sp), OZ6, OZ7, OZ8 adv, Neutron Adv, BFD3, SoundToys rack, Panorama P1, M-Audio Oxygen, Yamaha YPP55 - outboard: PRO VLAII, Digitech Time machine RDS4000, 1950s Ferrograph Series 5, Mics: AKG C1000S, Rode NT2A and M5 pair, SE2200A, SE X1R, Fame-VT67 (cheap valve U67 clone), Heil PR20&PR22, Behringer Mic2200 used for reamping with a bit of nastiness!

eph221

Post by eph221 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:19 am

enjoyed this alot! Was that heaviocity scoring guitars in the latter half? Everything about this is first rate.

rotku

Post by rotku » Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:37 am

Thanks to all for the input. Hope to press forward with new music and videos as time permits.

Return to “Made with Steinberg”