Connecting Steinberg MR816csx to an external effect unit Using S/PDIF IN/OUT jack

Find topics on computers, studios and music-related hardware.
chikitin

Connecting Steinberg MR816csx to an external effect unit Using S/PDIF IN/OUT jack

Post by chikitin »

Hi,

I am reading the manual and trying to get my head around connecting the MR816csx to Lexicon MPX 550 Dual Channel Processor. Here is my setup:

MPX 550 Manual

steinberg mr816 manual
My connection:

-- I am using two S/PDIF IN/OUT jack (Digital input/output jack) connecting IN of MR to out of MPX and OUT of MR to IN on MPX

-- I have set MPX to get input from Digital input
In cubase:
I have added an external effect ( Pressed F4) and set the Send and return busses the available MR's Digital IN and OUT with SPDIF Coax.

Then, I add a send effect ( MPX ) to an existing out. However, I don't hear any reverb. I have the MR816CSX Hardware setting set to "SPDIF".

I have added all of these to this screenshot!
Screen Shot 2020-02-18 at 9.13.49 PM.png
(284.91 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Any help will be much appreciated!

CS
Laptop: iMac, 16GB RAM SSD 2TB, Cubase Pro the latest w/ two external Monitors and SBX subwoofer
VST Connect Pro, NI Komplete 5, EWQLSO, HSO, GA 5
Synths: Yamaha PSR-A3000, Roland Fantom XR
Interface: Steinberg MR-816CSX, UR 22 mkII
Effects: Rocktron DSP, Lexicon MPX 550
Controller: Steinberg CC121, Yamaha KX25,49,88, Korg Nano Kontrol, Boss RC 300, Yamaha MFC 10, CMC-PD

chikitin

Re: Connecting Steinberg MR816csx to an external effect unit Using S/PDIF IN/OUT jack

Post by chikitin »

I figured it out! Finally. I leave it here just in case some other person might find it useful!
  • 1) I should have used MR editor and increase the level S/PDIF OUT.
    2) Set the MR's clock to Internal. MPX automatically slaves to that.
However, I have still one issue! MPX has two input level meters. Only the left one goes up and the right one stays at minimum. Any one knows why?
Laptop: iMac, 16GB RAM SSD 2TB, Cubase Pro the latest w/ two external Monitors and SBX subwoofer
VST Connect Pro, NI Komplete 5, EWQLSO, HSO, GA 5
Synths: Yamaha PSR-A3000, Roland Fantom XR
Interface: Steinberg MR-816CSX, UR 22 mkII
Effects: Rocktron DSP, Lexicon MPX 550
Controller: Steinberg CC121, Yamaha KX25,49,88, Korg Nano Kontrol, Boss RC 300, Yamaha MFC 10, CMC-PD

Return to “Computer/Studio Hardware & Setup”