Wow - Just Noticed No Vista Support!

Find topics on computers, studios and music-related hardware.
Vocalpoint

Re: Wow - Just Noticed No Vista Support!

Post by Vocalpoint » Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:33 pm

Tones2 wrote:But if image my drive and THEN try it, what do I have to lose?

Also, my DAW is ALSO my main home computer, and I have a LOT more program on there then just music ones. It will literally take me a month to reinstall everything.
Sure...an image would be fine...as long as it's accurate and readable. For what it's worth - after Acronis completely going downhill I now use Macrium Reflect...by far and away - one of the best 39 bucks I ever spent. It is a really really good piece of software....fast, accurate and reliable.

Let us know how it goes if you attempt the in-place.

VP
Bruce McDonald
Vocalpoint Studios
Calgary, AB Canada

Tones2

Post by Tones2 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:05 pm

Vocalpoint wrote: Sure...an image would be fine...as long as it's accurate and readable. For what it's worth - after Acronis completely going downhill I now use Macrium Reflect...by far and away - one of the best 39 bucks I ever spent. It is a really really good piece of software....fast, accurate and reliable.

VP
I purchased Macrium Reflect as it looks like just what I need. Thanks.

Tony
Tony

I still want to move frozen VSTi parts, even in the new forum!

Ron Garrison

Post by Ron Garrison » Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:18 pm

Tones2 wrote:
Vocalpoint wrote: Sure...an image would be fine...as long as it's accurate and readable. For what it's worth - after Acronis completely going downhill I now use Macrium Reflect...by far and away - one of the best 39 bucks I ever spent. It is a really really good piece of software....fast, accurate and reliable.

VP
I purchased Macrium Reflect as it looks like just what I need. Thanks.

Tony

I did the same.

Ron
Cubase 6.5, Sonar 8.5, Q6700@2.66GHz, Windows 7 Professional 64-bit, MCU+2Extenders, Presonus Firepod, Tascam VL-X5.

Tones2

Post by Tones2 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:26 pm

If I'm running a dual-boot Vista 64 / Vista 32 bit system using a 3rd party boot manager (Terrabyte BootIt), will I have any issues installing Windows 7 to just the Vista 64 partition? Not exactly sure how I would even do this.
Tony

I still want to move frozen VSTi parts, even in the new forum!

Ron Garrison

Post by Ron Garrison » Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:36 am

Tones2 wrote:If I'm running a dual-boot Vista 64 / Vista 32 bit system using a 3rd party boot manager (Terrabyte BootIt), will I have any issues installing Windows 7 to just the Vista 64 partition? Not exactly sure how I would even do this.
That's what I did (I also run bootit NG) quite some time ago - so I don't remember the details. Win 7 rewrites over as boot manager - if I recall. I had to do something with bootitng to get it back, but in the end it worked.

Check out this video

http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/videos/bing/win7.wmv

In this case he creates a new partition, so I believe you would use the existing partition to change the info instead of creating a new partition.

You could also delete your current partiton then recreate and follow the video exactly.

Ron
Cubase 6.5, Sonar 8.5, Q6700@2.66GHz, Windows 7 Professional 64-bit, MCU+2Extenders, Presonus Firepod, Tascam VL-X5.

Return to “Computer/Studio Hardware & Setup”