I am so inexperienced at this (Total Newbie)

Find topics on computers, studios and music-related hardware.
afterburner1277

I am so inexperienced at this (Total Newbie)

Post by afterburner1277 » Sun Jul 07, 2019 3:10 pm

Just bought Spider V 120...great amp (for me) but, I had a Spider Jam before and it was so easy to record loops and transfer to my computer. So wanting more versatility, I thought, Wow, Spider V has a USB connection! So easy to interface with computer and record loops and do all sorts of Newbie things. Wow, was I wrong.
My computer i7.3.6 GHz, 16GB Ram, Asus B-85 Plus MB....now here's the kicker...Realtec HD audio built into the MB. I am having all sorts of problems trying to get Cubase to work. I am so lost. My question is; do I need to purchase a dedicated sound card and disable the internal sound card on MB? Thanks ahead of time for any help.

-steve-
External Moderator

Re: I am so inexperienced at this (Total Newbie)

Post by -steve- » Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:06 pm

You need to use that device as the ASIO audio interface in Cubase- Studio Setup>VST Audio System

https://helpcenter.steinberg.de/hc/en-u ... ase-Nuendo
independent manufacturer rep
cubase pro, nuendo, and dorico pro; latest versions
windows pro 10 | i7-3770k | ga-77x-ud5h | 32 Gb | UR-RT2 | k-mix audio interface
hp spectre x360 2018 | 16 Gb

afterburner1277

Re: I am so inexperienced at this (Total Newbie)

Post by afterburner1277 » Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:11 pm

Thanks for the info, Steve. Though, I found the problem through a video on the web. It seems that at times on a new install the spider V driver doesn't register. So as the video suggested I reinstalled the driver and it now shows up in the VST window. All is well and I am starting to really learn and enjoy this program! Thanks for the reply!

Return to “Computer/Studio Hardware & Setup”