Page 1 of 1

Cannot access MySteinberg

Posted: Sat May 23, 2015 12:44 pm
by elmarj
For some reason I am no longer able to access MySteinberg:
  1. Every time I try to logon, the login + password rejected (eventhough I am quite confident that they are correct).
  2. When I try to reset the password using my username, I get the errormessage "Please activate your account first.."
  3. When I try to reset the password using my e-mailaddress, I get the errormessage " Account does not exist."
  4. However, when I try to create a new account with my e-mailaddress, I get the errormessage: " The email address you have entered is already in use", which seems to contradict the other messages (but seems to be the only correct message)
As a result I cannot currently access MySteinberg to download / activate my copy of Cubase Elements to my new laptop. :-(

Any help would be appreciated (as I can't use the usual support option - also behind "MySteinberg" either.

Re: Cannot access MySteinberg

Posted: Sat May 23, 2015 3:48 pm
by -steve-
Is it possible that you never activated the account, and the the email with the activation link is sitting in your email inbox?

Re: Cannot access MySteinberg

Posted: Sat May 23, 2015 7:38 pm
by elmarj
Hi Steve, thank you for your help! No, I've used the account many times before (I have purchased several products in the past, which is the reason I'm trying so desperately to get in :) ), so it would be rather strange. I have searched through my inbox though, didn't find anything.

Re: Cannot access MySteinberg

Posted: Sat May 23, 2015 8:32 pm
by ggc
Fyi.. I couldnt log in either the other day... had to generate a new password...

Re: Cannot access MySteinberg

Posted: Sun May 24, 2015 1:52 pm
by Paul Bryce
ggc wrote:Fyi.. I couldnt log in either the other day... had to generate a new password...
As noted in the other thread in this Forum, they changed the password requirement to be 8 characters now so that's probably why, could be what's happening to the OP too, although I've never seen "Please activate your account first.." associated with the new password requirement.

Re: Cannot access MySteinberg

Posted: Mon May 25, 2015 8:45 pm
by elmarj
Thanks everyone! I guess I just need someone from Steinberg to reset the access to my account, I only don't know how to contact them since the normal support options works through MySteinberg. Has anyone a suggestion?

Thanks again!

Re: Cannot access MySteinberg

Posted: Mon May 25, 2015 10:50 pm
by -steve-
PM Sent

Re: Cannot access MySteinberg

Posted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:29 pm
by Michal_Kosmala
Hi!

Did you solved your problem? I've got same one and I don't know what to do :cry:

Re: Cannot access MySteinberg

Posted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:17 am
by krzysiek7
I can't log-in to MySteinberg Account. I tried requesting for a new password, but no email was received, also checked my spam mail, nothing there.

KG

Re: Cannot access MySteinberg

Posted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:08 am
by GeorgeTdR
elmarj wrote:For some reason I am no longer able to access MySteinberg:
  1. Every time I try to logon, the login + password rejected (eventhough I am quite confident that they are correct).
  2. When I try to reset the password using my username, I get the errormessage "Please activate your account first.."
  3. When I try to reset the password using my e-mailaddress, I get the errormessage " Account does not exist."
  4. However, when I try to create a new account with my e-mailaddress, I get the errormessage: " The email address you have entered is already in use", which seems to contradict the other messages (but seems to be the only correct message)
As a result I cannot currently access MySteinberg to download / activate my copy of Cubase Elements to my new laptop. :-(

Any help would be appreciated (as I can't use the usual support option - also behind "MySteinberg" either.

I have the same problem... Exactly the same...

and I can't find any link or email to ask for some help...

Re: Cannot access MySteinberg

Posted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:05 pm
by ReneeGutBB
Hi there,

Did anybody solved the problem? I've got same one.

r

Re: Cannot access MySteinberg

Posted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:28 am
by Guillermo
Hello,
ReneeGutBB wrote:Hi there,

Did anybody solved the problem? I've got same one.

r
To access to MySteinberg you need to use your email address as username, if you don't remember your password please use the "forgot password button".
Have you received the activation email?

Best regards,
GN

Re: Cannot access MySteinberg

Posted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:21 pm
by ReneeGutBB
Guillermo wrote:Hello,
ReneeGutBB wrote:Hi there,
Did anybody solved the problem? I've got same one.
r
To access to MySteinberg you need to use your email address as username, if you don't remember your password please use the "forgot password button".
Have you received the activation email?

Best regards,
GN
Thanks for your quick answer. The problem is more like described by elmarj.

Every time I try to logon with my UserName, the login + password rejected (I am quite confident that they are correct).
When I try to reset the password using my username, I get the errormessage "Please activate your account first.."

If I try to logon with my emailAdress, there is an old account just with some Cubase 4LE

I got Cubase 8 pro and Cubase Elements 8 and several other stuff...

Best regards,
R

Re: Cannot access MySteinberg

Posted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:31 am
by Guillermo
Hello,

That is the issue, you have two accounts, instead of log-in in to your old account where you had Cubase LE 4 to register your other products, you created a new account, it seems that when you did that you never received the activation email and now you are stock.

Best regards,
GN

Re: Cannot access MySteinberg

Posted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:47 pm
by ReneeGutBB
Guillermo wrote:Hello,
That is the issue, you have two accounts, instead of log-in in to your old account where you had Cubase LE 4 to register your other products, you created a new account, it seems that when you did that you never received the activation email and now you are stock.
Best regards,
GN
Hello,
thanks a ton! You just made my day!
Best regards,
r

Re: Cannot access MySteinberg

Posted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:12 pm
by sizzler52
I have the same problem has anyone found a solution to this yet?
Thank you

Re: Cannot access MySteinberg

Posted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:55 pm
by rascarcapac
Hello !

I forget my password but when i try to reset it, steinberg mail to reset password never arrives (i check my spam box too) ....

Can you help me please ??