Can I post a work in progress here?

General discussions on songwriting, mixing, music business and other music related topics.
mixup23

Can I post a work in progress here?

Post by mixup23 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:51 pm

I have posted my latest "thingy" in the lounge, All In, and no one has commented
one way or the other. It must really suck. I feel a new song coming on about heartbreak and rejection.

I'm still not clear on whether we are posting works in progress here, or in the lounge. I value your critique and professionalism. I'm catering now.

Michael
Michael Private

the Garden

Cubase Essentials - Creative X-Fi - XP - Martin D12-20 purchased new in 1969 - Cool Edit - Shure SM58 which is still the best mic for pounding nails - MXL2001 russian made condenser mic

You are never alone with a schizophrenic.

Dave S

Re: Can I post a work in progress here?

Post by Dave S » Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:25 pm

Hi Michael

I don't see why a work in progress can't be posted here. I like having this separate room for music away from other noise. Not noticed your post in the lounge.

Cheers
Cubase 6, i5, 8gb ram, Win7 X64, UAD-2, Emu 1820m, Nocturn, Alphatrack .......

Website/blog

Sherz

Post by Sherz » Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:13 pm

I see supporting works in progress as being a major role for this particular forum. So, yeah... drop your tune in here. And I suspect it will take a wee while for the momentum to build... it's all still quite new and people are probably still gonna take a while yet to get used to the new structure. And of course adding to that... it's now a busy time of year for many ;)

8-)
| Cubase 10.0.15 Pro (64bit) | Windows 10 | M-Audio Fastrack C600 | 3.4Ghz Intel i5 | 8Gb |
--- M Y M U S I C ---

Lenny Lee

Post by Lenny Lee » Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:59 am

Post it on up here, Michael! 8-)

Just went over for a listen to All In. Good stuff. Your mixing skills are most certainly evolving,
I thought that mix was quite good. I think the ride is a bit loud, other than that it's punchy and well blended
to my ears. I dig that distorted bass line you do on the chorus - very cool!

Lenny
aka FastnLoose

Lenny Lee at Bandcamp

Box o' Chocolates at CDBaby

Return to “Steinberg Lounge”