Avatar Specs... ???

General discussions on songwriting, mixing, music business and other music related topics.
Post Reply
User avatar
Sherz
Senior Member
Posts: 1454
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:59 pm
Location: New Zealand
Contact:

Avatar Specs... ???

Post by Sherz » Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:08 pm

Hello. First post - and what a way to start!

Every friggen image (size/format) I offered up for for an avatar was rejected. :evil: Please - someone save me further time and frustration:

What are the required specs for the goddam avartar image!? :twisted:

User avatar
HowlingUlf
Senior Member
Posts: 2138
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:58 pm
Contact:

Re: Avatar Specs... ???

Post by HowlingUlf » Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:19 pm

hello, Ian ... from New Zeeland ... you're late! :mrgreen:
100x100px
max 50kb
there was a post on the old forum that I happened to see ...
Gothenburg, Sweden
Steinberg Cubase Pro 10.0.20 | Steinberg WaveLab 9.5 | Steinberg Absolute 2 |
Win10 63.5 Pro | ASUS ATX Z170-P | Intel Core i7-6700K Skylake | 32GB RAM |
Nektar Panorama P6 | | Steinberg Midex8 | Steinberg UR824 |

User avatar
Sherz
Senior Member
Posts: 1454
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:59 pm
Location: New Zealand
Contact:

Re: Avatar Specs... ???

Post by Sherz » Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:22 pm

Ta. :D And my next question... where is my profile so I can go back and edit it? And why isn't part of the user Control Panel?
| Cubase 10.0.15 Pro (64bit) | Windows 10 | M-Audio Fastrack C600 | 3.4Ghz Intel i5 | 8Gb |
--- M Y M U S I C ---

User avatar
HowlingUlf
Senior Member
Posts: 2138
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:58 pm
Contact:

Re: Avatar Specs... ???

Post by HowlingUlf » Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:29 pm

http://www.steinberg.net/forum/viewtopi ... 8aed2#p535

vic_france ask your question there in the topic by yours truly called "the Big Bang".

But I can't click on links in here without coming to a login page where I'm not logged in anymore, so I log in again and wind up at the board index and have no clue to where I am. See if you have any better luck?

[edit]

Whoooah! Now it worked! :shock: 8-)

I was poking around with the cookies in Firefox ... maybe it helped after all.
Gothenburg, Sweden
Steinberg Cubase Pro 10.0.20 | Steinberg WaveLab 9.5 | Steinberg Absolute 2 |
Win10 63.5 Pro | ASUS ATX Z170-P | Intel Core i7-6700K Skylake | 32GB RAM |
Nektar Panorama P6 | | Steinberg Midex8 | Steinberg UR824 |

User avatar
Sherz
Senior Member
Posts: 1454
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:59 pm
Location: New Zealand
Contact:

Re: Avatar Specs... ???

Post by Sherz » Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:32 pm

HowlingUlf wrote:http://www.steinberg.net/forum/viewtopi ... 8aed2#p535

vic_france ask your question there in the topic by yours truly called "the Big Bang".

But I can't click on links in here without coming to a login page where I'm not logged in anymore, so I log in again and wind up at the board index and have no clue to where I am. See if you have any better luck?

[edit]

Whoooah! Now it worked! :shock: 8-)

I was poking around with the cookies in Firefox ... maybe it helped after all.
Ok, how did you do that? I just get sent back to the login screen... :roll:
| Cubase 10.0.15 Pro (64bit) | Windows 10 | M-Audio Fastrack C600 | 3.4Ghz Intel i5 | 8Gb |
--- M Y M U S I C ---

User avatar
HowlingUlf
Senior Member
Posts: 2138
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:58 pm
Contact:

Re: Avatar Specs... ???

Post by HowlingUlf » Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:34 pm

Sherz wrote:
HowlingUlf wrote:http://www.steinberg.net/forum/viewtopi ... 8aed2#p535

vic_france ask your question there in the topic by yours truly called "the Big Bang".

But I can't click on links in here without coming to a login page where I'm not logged in anymore, so I log in again and wind up at the board index and have no clue to where I am. See if you have any better luck?

[edit]

Whoooah! Now it worked! :shock: 8-)

I was poking around with the cookies in Firefox ... maybe it helped after all.
Ok, how did you do that? I just get sent back to the login screen... :roll:


No further questions!
i.e. I have no fucking clue! :mrgreen:

[edit some more]

I'm not THAT impressed with phpBB3 ... or the handling ... :roll:
Last edited by HowlingUlf on Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gothenburg, Sweden
Steinberg Cubase Pro 10.0.20 | Steinberg WaveLab 9.5 | Steinberg Absolute 2 |
Win10 63.5 Pro | ASUS ATX Z170-P | Intel Core i7-6700K Skylake | 32GB RAM |
Nektar Panorama P6 | | Steinberg Midex8 | Steinberg UR824 |

User avatar
Sherz
Senior Member
Posts: 1454
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:59 pm
Location: New Zealand
Contact:

Re: Avatar Specs... ???

Post by Sherz » Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:39 pm

:?
| Cubase 10.0.15 Pro (64bit) | Windows 10 | M-Audio Fastrack C600 | 3.4Ghz Intel i5 | 8Gb |
--- M Y M U S I C ---

User avatar
HowlingUlf
Senior Member
Posts: 2138
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:58 pm
Contact:

Re: Avatar Specs... ???

Post by HowlingUlf » Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:43 pm

but you can navigate manually to "the Big Bang" topic ... once.

altough they have to do something about this login routines or it will drive everybody nuts.
Gothenburg, Sweden
Steinberg Cubase Pro 10.0.20 | Steinberg WaveLab 9.5 | Steinberg Absolute 2 |
Win10 63.5 Pro | ASUS ATX Z170-P | Intel Core i7-6700K Skylake | 32GB RAM |
Nektar Panorama P6 | | Steinberg Midex8 | Steinberg UR824 |

User avatar
Paul Bryce
Member
Posts: 440
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:24 pm
Contact:

Re: Avatar Specs... ???

Post by Paul Bryce » Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:47 pm

I'm also having similar issues, made a sig ( from my old account ) and it didn't work, tried to go back to edit my profile and promptly got lost, guess we'll have to get used to navigating around as some things don't make sense ( to me ) :evil:

I'll try the sig & Avatar thing later :roll:

User avatar
Sherz
Senior Member
Posts: 1454
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:59 pm
Location: New Zealand
Contact:

Re: Avatar Specs... ???

Post by Sherz » Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:48 pm

Well, I figured it out. It seems you have to go back to the MySteinberg to edit your profile details. :|
| Cubase 10.0.15 Pro (64bit) | Windows 10 | M-Audio Fastrack C600 | 3.4Ghz Intel i5 | 8Gb |
--- M Y M U S I C ---

JohnOnKeyz
Member
Posts: 516
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:53 pm
Contact:

Re: Avatar Specs... ???

Post by JohnOnKeyz » Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:53 pm

Hi Sherz!

Glad to see you got your Avatar sorted. I like most of what I see about this new forum... except the weird pear shaped smileys... Plus there's not enough of them. Leave it to me to gripe about really small trivial stuff. ;)
John
(Maryland, USA)
~~~ the Aftereffekt ~~~ - - - - - | | | - - - - - ~~~ Slyd Studios ~~~

JSW
Member
Posts: 260
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:00 pm
Contact:

Re: Avatar Specs... ???

Post by JSW » Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:55 pm

Sherz wrote:Well, I figured it out. It seems you have to go back to the MySteinberg to edit your profile details. :|
Looks like we all are going to jump this little hurdle, part of the start up fun :mrgreen:

User avatar
Sherz
Senior Member
Posts: 1454
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:59 pm
Location: New Zealand
Contact:

Re: Avatar Specs... ???

Post by Sherz » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:14 am

We'll get there. :) Meanwhile, yeah... I agree the emoticons style and selection are a tad tragic :|
| Cubase 10.0.15 Pro (64bit) | Windows 10 | M-Audio Fastrack C600 | 3.4Ghz Intel i5 | 8Gb |
--- M Y M U S I C ---

Fat El Nino
New Member
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:09 pm
Contact:

Re: Avatar Specs... ???

Post by Fat El Nino » Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:59 am

max 50kb
Indeed, the maximum is twice as that size: 100 KB!
If you can handle it ;)

In addition, the allowed formats:
jpeg, jpg, gif and png

Greetz
Nino

JohnOnKeyz
Member
Posts: 516
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:53 pm
Contact:

Re: Avatar Specs... ???

Post by JohnOnKeyz » Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:12 am

Fat El Nino wrote:
max 50kb
Indeed, the maximum is twice as that size: 100 KB!
If you can handle it ;)

In addition, the allowed formats:
jpeg, jpg, gif and png

Greetz
Nino
...and as Ian and "Split" demonstrated, animated gifs
John
(Maryland, USA)
~~~ the Aftereffekt ~~~ - - - - - | | | - - - - - ~~~ Slyd Studios ~~~

Paul Woodlock
Member
Posts: 720
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:22 pm

Re: Avatar Specs... ???

Post by Paul Woodlock » Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:36 am

I was perplexed by the lack of the profile section in the UCP. Strange it's in myfirststeinberg though.

Still 100x100 is big enough to Stormin Norman!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Got a Brian - Morans

"It's better to be hated for who you are than loved for who you are not" -- Andre Gide

User avatar
Split
Grand Senior Member
Posts: 5282
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:06 pm
Contact:

Re: Avatar Specs... ???

Post by Split » Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:21 am

JohnOnKeyz wrote:
Fat El Nino wrote:
max 50kb
Indeed, the maximum is twice as that size: 100 KB!
If you can handle it ;)

In addition, the allowed formats:
jpeg, jpg, gif and png

Greetz
Nino
...and as Ian and "Split" demonstrated, animated gifs
Split... the Atom. Was quite chuffed when I found that gif :D
??????Split
Cubase 10
Still at it... just!

User avatar
Pearldivers
Member
Posts: 747
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:31 am
Contact:

Re: Avatar Specs... ???

Post by Pearldivers » Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:42 pm

Yeah, four goes until I gissed it.

Post Reply

Return to “Steinberg Lounge”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests