Hurricane

General discussions on songwriting, mixing, music business and other music related topics.
Woodcrest Studio

Re: Hurricane

Post by Woodcrest Studio »

I'm back to work putting things back together. Here is a piccie of my mic collection all boxed in Tupperware and flight cases up for evac. :lol: I know if I didn't pack them up, I would have regretted it. You don't even want to see the unwired equipment racks. You would throw up seeing how many cables need to reconnected.

swamptone

Post by swamptone »

Jarno wrote:
Very convincing proof you got there: a blog which uses another blog as it's "source". And the "source" is using words like "their matra", "liberals suggested", etc... a Real Scientific Analysis!
Here is some more meaty "source" info with no references to "mantra" or "liberals". This info is consistent with good science from multiple reputable sources:
Based on core samples from Russia's Vostok Station in Antarctica, we now know earth's atmosphere and temperature for the last 420,000 years. This evidence suggests that the 12,000 years of warmth we call the Holocene period is over.

Apparently, we're headed into an ice age of about 100,000 years -- give or take. As for CO2 levels, core samples show conclusively they follow the earth's temperature rise, not lead it.

Here you will find a list of climatologists refuting the man-made global warming hypothesis, and some challenging the junk-science used to advance that agenda:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_sc ... al_warming
formerly known as prism

Jarno

Post by Jarno »

swamptone wrote:
This evidence suggests that the 12,000 years of warmth we call the Holocene period is over.
Oh please! Where is the evidence, suggesting this warm period (yes, we have lived in warm period for some 12 00 yrs, that's a fact) is over? Blog is not an evidence.
swamptone wrote:
Apparently, we're headed into an ice age of about 100,000 years -- give or take.
Yes we will. Sooner or later. That's not an issue here. Issue is next 1 000 years -- give or take.
swamptone wrote:
As for CO2 levels, core samples show conclusively they follow the earth's temperature rise, not lead it.
A scientific reference for this, please. Again ... blog is not a scientific evidence.
swamptone wrote:Here you will find a list of climatologists refuting the man-made global warming hypothesis
And you don't even need to read the article. Just look at the numbers in the first graph on the page. Oh, wait ... I know ... those French liberal communist anti-american islamists have bribed 95% of world's scientists.
Cubase 8 Pro/7/4/SX1/VST3.7 | Waves Gold | Melodyne | PC i7-4770/8G/2xSSD/Win7 64 | MacMini | Frontier Tranzport
Tascam DM-4800 | Soundcraft Spirit Studio 16 | dbx231 | Genelec 1032A | KEF C15 | Auratone 5S | Samson S-phone
Yamaha REV500/SPX990 | Alesis Midiverb4 | Roland SDE-330 | Pearl Echo Orbit | Aphex 109 x2 | TL-Audio C5021
Alesis 3630 | AudioLogic MT66 | Joemeek VC1Q | dbx386 | Focusrite VoiceMaster | Line6 PodXt/BassPodXt | Boss GT-3
Roland TD8/TD5/JV2080/SC55 | UseAudio Plugiator | E-mu ProteusXR | Akai S-900/AX73 | M-Audio Keystation
Martin/Taylor/Ortega/ESP/Fender/Line6 guitars/basses | Pearl/Olympic by Premier drumkits | Custom Roland V-drum kit
AKG D112/CK77 | Calrec CM1050C | Earthworks QTC30 | EV RE20/Spherex920 | Neumann M147 | Pearl CR57
Peavey PVM45 | RØDE NT2/NT55 | Sennheiser MD441/MD421/e606 | Shure SM7/SM57/SM58/BETA57/BETA58 ...
... Saeco Odea Giro Espresso machine | BMW Z3 roadster | American Pit Bull Terrier

Jarno

Post by Jarno »

Woodcrest Studio wrote:You don't even want to see the unwired equipment racks.
I want!
Cubase 8 Pro/7/4/SX1/VST3.7 | Waves Gold | Melodyne | PC i7-4770/8G/2xSSD/Win7 64 | MacMini | Frontier Tranzport
Tascam DM-4800 | Soundcraft Spirit Studio 16 | dbx231 | Genelec 1032A | KEF C15 | Auratone 5S | Samson S-phone
Yamaha REV500/SPX990 | Alesis Midiverb4 | Roland SDE-330 | Pearl Echo Orbit | Aphex 109 x2 | TL-Audio C5021
Alesis 3630 | AudioLogic MT66 | Joemeek VC1Q | dbx386 | Focusrite VoiceMaster | Line6 PodXt/BassPodXt | Boss GT-3
Roland TD8/TD5/JV2080/SC55 | UseAudio Plugiator | E-mu ProteusXR | Akai S-900/AX73 | M-Audio Keystation
Martin/Taylor/Ortega/ESP/Fender/Line6 guitars/basses | Pearl/Olympic by Premier drumkits | Custom Roland V-drum kit
AKG D112/CK77 | Calrec CM1050C | Earthworks QTC30 | EV RE20/Spherex920 | Neumann M147 | Pearl CR57
Peavey PVM45 | RØDE NT2/NT55 | Sennheiser MD441/MD421/e606 | Shure SM7/SM57/SM58/BETA57/BETA58 ...
... Saeco Odea Giro Espresso machine | BMW Z3 roadster | American Pit Bull Terrier

swamptone

Post by swamptone »

Jarno wrote: .....................
swamptone wrote:
As for CO2 levels, core samples show conclusively they follow the earth's temperature rise, not lead it.
A scientific reference for this, please. Again ... blog is not a scientific evidence.

http://www.co2science.org/about/positio ... arming.php
formerly known as prism

Woodcrest Studio

Jarno wrote:
Woodcrest Studio wrote:You don't even want to see the unwired equipment racks.
I want!

HA! Too late. Everything is pretty much reconnected. In the process of checking all the I/O. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would me. I had already labeled most of the connections using one of those 3m label printers.

Oops.. spoke too soon. Channels 1-8 in are connected to 9-16. Now if I could read the labels right.

Jarno

Post by Jarno »

Another blog! Or can you tell in which scientific publication this one has been published?

Jarno

Post by Jarno »

Woodcrest StudioHA! wrote: Too late.
Bollocks! Really wanted to see someone else in the same situation I've been in twice during last 5 years. 8-)
Woodcrest StudioHA! wrote: Oops.. spoke too soon. Channels 1-8 in are connected to 9-16. Now if I could read the labels right.
:D

Woodcrest Studio

They have received awards! :lol:

Sorry Nick, not trying to make fun of ya. I just find this comical. Reminds me of the good old days!

swamptone

Post by swamptone »

Jarno wrote:
Another blog! Or can you tell in which scientific publication this one has been published?
Scientific methodologies are disclosed on the site. It is a scientific publication, not a blog. Or do you only recognize white papers published in certain journals ...... like those you agree with? Incidentally, where is your irrefutable, clinical double-blind scientific experiment white papers to support your position (whatever that might be)?
formerly known as prism

swamptone

Post by swamptone »

Woodcrest Studio wrote:They have received awards! :lol:

Sorry Nick, not trying to make fun of ya. I just find this comical. Reminds me of the good old days!
No offense taken.

Find laughter wherever, and whenever, you can. Life is too short and laughter is the best medicine. I laugh at Al Gore all the time; everything he says is stupidly hysterical. ;)
formerly known as prism

HowlingUlf

Post by HowlingUlf »

"Copyright © 2012. Center for the Study of Carbon Dioxide and Global Change. All Rights Reserved. "

http://www.exxonsecrets.org/html/orgfactsheet.php?id=24

isn't that special ;)
Gothenburg, Sweden
Steinberg Cubase Pro 10.5 | Steinberg WaveLab 10 | Steinberg Absolute 4 | Steinberg SpectralLayers 6
Win10 63.5 Pro | ASUS ATX Z170-P | Intel Core i7-6700K Skylake | 32GB RAM |
Nektar Panorama P6 | | Steinberg Midex8 | Steinberg UR824 |

Woodcrest Studio

Holy crap! The plot thickens!

Image To: Believers of Global Warming!
Last edited by Woodcrest Studio on Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Jarno

Post by Jarno »

swamptone wrote:It is a scientific publication, not a blog.
It's a blog. Another website making claims without any references to any scientific publication or experimental data. It doesn't fullfill any requirements of scientific publication. It's an opinion.
swamptone wrote: Incidentally, where is your irrefutable, clinical double-blind scientific experiment white papers to support your position (whatever that might be)?
I don't have to. I have made no claims. You have. It's your responsibility to give proofs.

Jarno

Post by Jarno »

HowlingUlf wrote:isn't that special ;)
How surprising! :P

swamptone

Post by swamptone »

Jarno wrote: ......
swamptone wrote: Incidentally, where is your irrefutable, clinical double-blind scientific experiment white papers to support your position (whatever that might be)?
I don't have to. I have made no claims. You have. It's your responsibility to give proofs.

My "claim" is that man-made global warming is a myth. It would be more correct to say it is a hoax.

As for "responsibility to give proofs" ...... to date, no one has presented proof, verified by independent experimentation using proper scientific method and controls, that global warming is man made. Some have tried to publish fakery and been found to be liars, and their papers debunked. Some well respected scientists (as I referred to in the wiki link) state it is impossible for either side of the debate to prove their assertions scientifically. That may be because, in part, it is too expensive. Apart from governments, what private sector entity can afford to commit such resources for independent and unbiased verification .... and for what purpose? There can be no sufficient return-on-investment near term, unless they're running a carbon-credit scam. Al Gore certainly didn't use any of his personal wealth on that endeavor. Why should he when he can more easily, and more cheaply, buy any "scientific" result he wants? But then, he prefers to use public money to advance his "projects", rather than his own personal fortune.

Scandals have come to light, that some scientists are quite willing to publish rubbish if the funding is rich enough or their ideology (bordering on quasi-religious) strong enough. University of East Anglia’s Climatic Research Unit, anyone?

Indeed, Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. In any case, if you've got a link to it ..... I'd like to read it.
formerly known as prism

swamptone

Post by swamptone »

HowlingUlf wrote:
"Copyright © 2012. Center for the Study of Carbon Dioxide and Global Change. All Rights Reserved. "

isn't that special ;)

Seriously?

Greenpeace? The site I referred to is called a "blog site" but I'm (or anyone) is supposed to accept that Greenpeace site as something other than a blog?

I used to promote Greenpeace. Not any more.

Do you have anything to PROVE your position, do you?

If you have it, please .... I implore you ..... present it and set me straight, once and for all. I certainly do not want to be delusional, brain-washed, mislead, and just-plain-wrong in this matter. I can read and (mostly) interpret technical material. Show me. Seriously. Please.
formerly known as prism

HowlingUlf

Post by HowlingUlf »

swamptone wrote:
HowlingUlf wrote:

isn't that special ;)

Seriously?

Greenpeace? The site I referred to is called a "blog site" but I'm (or anyone) is supposed to accept that Greenpeace site as something other than a blog?

I used to promote Greenpeace. Not any more.

Do you have anything to PROVE your position, do you?

If you have it, please .... I implore you ..... present it and set me straight, once and for all. I certainly do not want to be delusional, brain-washed, mislead, and just-plain-wrong in this matter. I can read and (mostly) interpret technical material. Show me. Seriously. Please.
haha with that attitude? :lol: :roll:
Gothenburg, Sweden
Steinberg Cubase Pro 10.5 | Steinberg WaveLab 10 | Steinberg Absolute 4 | Steinberg SpectralLayers 6

Mauri

Post by Mauri »

Split wrote:I would think the more rugged the better, maybe good old SM57's welded onto some scaffolding poles cemented into the ground with massive windshields, like a sheep on each one :lol:
I've heard they already do that in New Zealand... ;) .
Cubase Pro 10.5 x64 with jBridge | WaveLab Elements 10 | i7 5930K @ 4.6GHz (stable) | ASUS X99 Pro | 32GB RAM | | W10 x64 Dual Boot on 2 SSDs plus 3 SSDs for samples and project/audio files | Fractal Design Define R5 case | Noctua NH-D15 | AMD Radeon RX 580 | Vox ToneLab SE | Mackie HR624 MKII | 2 x UAD2 Solo PCIe | RME HDSPe AIO | 2 x 24" LED monitors...

foolomon

Post by foolomon »

Back to the reason why this thread was created...

Why, yes, I am okay. Thanks for asking.

And we have had a storm like this one before: in 1991. But it stayed out to sea, and was the inspiration for the movie Perfect Storm.

The worst news that I've heard (other than "no, we still don't have power" when I text my neighbor) is that we're getting a nor'easter next week. FML

"Just call me Larry."

Lenovo T450 laptop (Windows 7 64-bit + 16GB RAM + 500GB SSD)
AMD-Phenom II based system (Windows 7 64-bit + 8GB DDR3 RAM)
Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 interface

Other hardware: Too much to mention here
Software: Cubase 8.5 Pro; Komplete 9; Melodyne Editor; FabFilter Pro Suite; various VSTs from Blue Cat Audio, Native Instruments (beyond what's in Komplete), Slate, Softube, Sound Toys and Variety of Sound

Stop by and visit!

HowlingUlf

Post by HowlingUlf »

yeah, good to see you on your feet or something! 8-)

where are they stuffing away all the people with no homes? :o
Gothenburg, Sweden

Woodcrest Studio

HowlingUlf wrote:
Greenhouses?

Woodcrest Studio

foolomon wrote:Back to the reason why this thread was created...

Why, yes, I am okay. Thanks for asking.

And we have had a storm like this one before: in 1991. But it stayed out to sea, and was the inspiration for the movie Perfect Storm.

The worst news that I've heard (other than "no, we still don't have power" when I text my neighbor) is that we're getting a nor'easter next week. FML

I saw your activity on facebook. I B knowin you is aww wight! :)

HowlingUlf

Post by HowlingUlf »

Woodcrest Studio wrote:
HowlingUlf wrote:
Greenhouses?
That wasn't funny! :lol:
Gothenburg, Sweden

Split
Grand Senior Member

Post by Split »

HowlingUlf wrote:
Woodcrest Studio wrote:
HowlingUlf wrote:
Greenhouses?
That wasn't funny! :lol: