Nuendo 6 estimated release timeframe

General discussions on songwriting, mixing, music business and other music related topics.
Marsman

Re: Nuendo 6 estimated release timeframe

Post by Marsman »

DG wrote:So Cubase is actually going to be two versions ahead of Nuendo? Is there going to be a new term, as leapfrogging doesn't seem to do this justice. :roll:

DG
The leapfroggin´ is over!!
Nuendo 7 x64 + NEK, Windows 8.1 Professional x64
RME HDSP 9652, Dual Xeon 8-Core, Intel Chipset MB, Special Skills: Vanishing/Mind Manipulation

MattiasNYC
Grand Senior Member

Post by MattiasNYC »

Nuendo will be available at least a month after Cubase, up to three months, so I'd say we're still leaping frogs.
Nuendo 10.3 / Lynx TWO-B / Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, 2004 build 19041.450 / Ryzen 1700 3.6GHz (oc) / 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4@3200MHz / Radeon VII / ASUS x370-A mobo ::::: RX Post Production Suite 4 / DaVinci Resolve

Fredo
External Moderator

Post by Fredo »

Well, this time, Cubase and Nuendo have been developed "in sync" with each other. And in theory they can be released at the same time. In practice however, this is not so easy.

I personally still think this is not a good idea, but as you can see my personal opinion is not necessairely the opinion of the Powers That Be @ Steinberg.

What I have seen is the creation of a giant bottleneck and the team working loads of overtime, night and weekends. Steinberg is sooooo lucky to have a great-great-great -fabulous- team of devoted developers.
(They deserve a free beer evening, every evening for the rest of the year.)
But I don't see them doing this over and over again. Unless they leave Cubase on the shelf for a few months.

I am -more than ever- a fan of setting the release dates for Nuendo and Cubase 6 months apart, and migrate the new Cubase features to Nuendo in an intermediate x.5-version. But that is my very -very- personal opinion.

As far as I know, the release of Nuendo should follow very quickly, I think we are talking weeks rather than months.
I'm sure Timo will keep you up-to-date.

Fredo

DG

Post by DG »

Fredo, does that mean that Nuendo 6 has all the features of Cubase 7? If so, that's very confusing.

DG
Nuendo 6.07
Intel Xeon 3.0GHz 10 Core 20 Threads
32GB RAM
Windows 7 (x64)Pro
RME Multiface II
Intensity
nVidia GT 640 graphics card

Fredo
External Moderator

Post by Fredo »

DG wrote:Fredo, does that mean that Nuendo 6 has all the features of Cubase 7?
Yes.

Fredo

Marsman

Post by Marsman »

Lydiot wrote:Nuendo will be available at least a month after Cubase, up to three months, so I'd say we're still leaping frogs.
Oh come on, with all the additional features, a timeframe of releasing a couple of months later than Cubase, this makes perfect sense. It´s not like waiting a year or so after Cubase comes out.

Additional features = additional dev time

Hoping rather for a "beginning/mid of Q1" than "end of Q1" release though
Nuendo 7 x64 + NEK, Windows 8.1 Professional x64
RME HDSP 9652, Dual Xeon 8-Core, Intel Chipset MB, Special Skills: Vanishing/Mind Manipulation

Fredo
External Moderator

Post by Fredo »

No, it's all finished.
They only have to wait for some stuff regarding the new controller.
So it should be early Q1.

Fredo

TimoWildenhain

Post by TimoWildenhain »

Hello,

thanks for the discussion. Cubase and Nuendo have been developed in tandem, which means Nuendo with NEK includes ALL Cubase features, plus Nuendo specific features such as Anymix Pro, the whole ADR Taker system, Loudness lane, video engine with count-in/swipes etc.

Moreover, Nuendo 6 is the core of the new Nuage System Solution by Yamaha and Steinberg. This requires additional development and of course testing. That means not only a benefit for Nuage users, but also Nuendo 6 gets an extended testing period, which is important considering that the whole mixing console has been rewritten and re-organized. (And it is really way faster to work with compared to the current one.)
I expect Nuendo 6 to be released about 2,5 - 3 months later than Cubase 7.

Thanks,
Timo
Timo Wildenhain - Head of Business Unit
Professional Audio Unit
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany
Checkout Steinberg on YouTube, Twitter, Facebook and MySpace!

TimoWildenhain

Post by TimoWildenhain »

And yes, the whole team has indeed worked day and night on Cubase 7, Nuendo 6 and the Nuage integration.
Professional Audio Unit
Hamburg, Germany

Post by Guest »

Exciting news Timo! Thanks for letting us know..

Robin

Big K

Post by Big K »

After watching the N6 vids I can better understand why some can't wait to get their hands on it...
Why do I have to look through SB pages and don't get those latest infos here on our own forum?
If I may, please, keep the forum people as informed as the visitors of your homepage. I hardly visit those, since I come to this place regularly.
Nice new console this nuage thing. My question from the first impression would be: how high is it? Are the monitor speaker still adequately passing the console's screen?

As to Nuendo 6's new features: double-u - ohhh - double-uhhh = WOW

Big K
Nuendo 10, WaveLab 9.5, RME, UAD, PoCo, Win10/64 bit, PC i7 3930K, 16GB RAM, Intensity Pro, Melodyne 5, Spectrasonics, VSL, All Brainworx & Plugin Alliance, Genelec 1031 for 5.1, Quested HQ 210, NS10s, sevaW lla, LAWO, Neumanns, Brauners, Sennheisers, Schoeps, Sony DASH3324S, 42 RUs of classic hardware, professionally build and designed studio acoustics. SB-User since Cubase 2.0, Nuendo 1.5, WaveLab 1.5 ...

TimoWildenhain

Post by TimoWildenhain »

Bredo wrote:
Fredo wrote:Well, this time, Cubase and Nuendo have been developed "in sync" with each other. And in theory they can be released at the same time. In practice however, this is not so easy.Fredo
They benefit, money wise, from releasing C7 first. As they know half of us Nuendians will buy C7 in the waiting for N6 ;) .
Hello,

well, not really :-)
The reason for the delayed Nuendo availability is simply that currently the integration with Nuage is still in the making (final stage) and we're soon entering an extensive testing phase in order to make everything rock-solid for day-to-day use. Nuendo 6 also benefits from these extra testing procedures.

Thanks,
Timo
Professional Audio Unit
Hamburg, Germany

Return to “Steinberg Lounge”