Nuendo 6 estimated release timeframe

General discussions on songwriting, mixing, music business and other music related topics.
Marsman

Re: Nuendo 6 estimated release timeframe

Post by Marsman »

Vocalpoint wrote: PS: There are a bunch of rumors circulating now the Guitar Center in the US received product alerts on Cubase 7...supposedly shipping on December 5....take that for what it's worth...this "countdown" for Cubase makes a lot more sense than one for Nuendo....
Hmm, that would make sense as Christmas is approaching and we all know the consumer line products sell better than Nuendo.
If it´s really Cubase 7 I just hope we won´t have to wait for N6 too long.
Nuendo 7 x64 + NEK, Windows 8.1 Professional x64
RME HDSP 9652, Dual Xeon 8-Core, Intel Chipset MB, Special Skills: Vanishing/Mind Manipulation

Vocalpoint

Post by Vocalpoint »

Marsman wrote:If it´s really Cubase 7 I just hope we won´t have to wait for N6 too long.
I am still running with a "Q2 2013" estimate.

Also - the leap frogging thing. Even tho it's never mentioned - I still do not believe there are actual "separate" dev teams for Cubase and Nuendo....(check the About screen on each and see the same guys listed on both) hence the reason for releasing one (usually Cubase) and then having Nuendo follow on - usually well behind. These "devs" can only handle so much at one time.

Also - remember that it's Cubase that pays the bills - so it makes much better sense to get any new version of that out there first - and get new dollars flowing. The nice by-product of this is we (Nuendo crowd) get to benefit of all the bugs and crap discovered in C7 - so they can be corrected in N6. Down-side is - we wait much longer.

VP
Bruce McDonald
Vocalpoint Studios
Calgary, AB Canada

MattiasNYC
Grand Senior Member

Post by MattiasNYC »

Vocalpoint wrote:PS: There are a bunch of rumors circulating now the Guitar Center in the US received product alerts on Cubase 7...supposedly shipping on December 5....take that for what it's worth...this "countdown" for Cubase makes a lot more sense than one for Nuendo....
I agree it makes more sense, maybe. On the other hand Guitar Center doesn't sell Nuendo any longer as far as I know, so it'd still make an announcement of the availability of both possible... and we also have Timo's usual information-overloaded mention of "it" being "soon"...

I remain EXTREMELY optimistic about this countdown though!

I think we should all hype this as much as we can. This is viral marketing and we need to do our part!
Nuendo 10.3 / Lynx TWO-B / Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, 2004 build 19041.450 / Ryzen 1700 3.6GHz (oc) / 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4@3200MHz / Radeon VII / ASUS x370-A mobo ::::: RX Post Production Suite 4 / DaVinci Resolve

Vocalpoint

Post by Vocalpoint »

Lydiot wrote:I think we should all hype this as much as we can. This is viral marketing and we need to do our part!
Still - when I think "Big DAW"...aka (the apps anyone in audio/video world actually knows - or cares - about) Cubase is about the only reason I could think of that would actually work for a "countdown" on a website.

Nuendo is marketed to a totally different target audience - none of whom are going to see (or care) about some dinky marketing gag on a website.

Makes little sense to me that this counter would have anything to do with N6. Of course - I am happy to be wrong in this case :)

VP
Bruce McDonald
Vocalpoint Studios
Calgary, AB Canada

MattiasNYC
Grand Senior Member

Post by MattiasNYC »

Vocalpoint wrote:
Lydiot wrote:I think we should all hype this as much as we can. This is viral marketing and we need to do our part!
Still - when I think "Big DAW"...aka (the apps anyone in audio/video world actually knows - or cares - about) Cubase is about the only reason I could think of that would actually work for a "countdown" on a website.

Nuendo is marketed to a totally different target audience - none of whom are going to see (or care) about some dinky marketing gag on a website.

Makes little sense to me that this counter would have anything to do with N6. Of course - I am happy to be wrong in this case :)

VP
First let me point out the obvious mistake: "Nuendo is marketed"

Then, with that said, it'd make total sense to do viral marketing to a group that wouldn't see or care about it, because it ends up in practice being "no marketing" ;)

THIS IS GOING TO BE NUENDO 6!!!

My only hope at this point is that it'll be cheap and for immediate download.
Nuendo 10.3 / Lynx TWO-B / Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, 2004 build 19041.450 / Ryzen 1700 3.6GHz (oc) / 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4@3200MHz / Radeon VII / ASUS x370-A mobo ::::: RX Post Production Suite 4 / DaVinci Resolve

trancestate

Post by trancestate »

I've given you the hints, I guess it's a pretty jaded group here ;)

Vocalpoint

Post by Vocalpoint »

trancestate wrote:I've given you the hints, I guess it's a pretty jaded group here ;)
Your total of 2 posts - have suddenly given us the hints?

What am I missing?

VP
Bruce McDonald
Vocalpoint Studios
Calgary, AB Canada

Vocalpoint

Post by Vocalpoint »

Lydiot wrote:Then, with that said, it'd make total sense to do viral marketing to a group that wouldn't see or care about it, because it ends up in practice being "no marketing" ;)
Ya know - now that I can fully digest your logic - you are right - it makes complete sense to "non-market" a product that gets no marketing. And what better way to do that than wasting time with a banner that no target user one will ever see!

Brilliant!

VP
Bruce McDonald
Vocalpoint Studios
Calgary, AB Canada

Marsman

Post by Marsman »

Lydiot wrote:
I think we should all hype this as much as we can. This is viral marketing and we need to do our part!
I´ve seen threads posted on KVR and Gearslutz, seems the viral marketing is working. A lot of wild speculation and bets going on already :)

Ah, what´s better than pre-release software excitement!
This is almost as good as new car scent, birthdays cake or getting drunk on your Ex-GF´s wedding
RME HDSP 9652, Dual Xeon 8-Core, Intel Chipset MB, Special Skills: Vanishing/Mind Manipulation

DG

Post by DG »

Marsman wrote:
Ah, what´s better than pre-release software excitement!
This is almost as good as new car scent, birthdays cake or getting drunk on your Ex-GF´s wedding
There will be a lot of disappointed people if it turns out to be some hardware and not a new software version.

DG
Nuendo 6.07
Intel Xeon 3.0GHz 10 Core 20 Threads
32GB RAM
Windows 7 (x64)Pro
RME Multiface II
Intensity
nVidia GT 640 graphics card

MattiasNYC
Grand Senior Member

Post by MattiasNYC »

Vocalpoint wrote:
Lydiot wrote:Then, with that said, it'd make total sense to do viral marketing to a group that wouldn't see or care about it, because it ends up in practice being "no marketing" ;)
Ya know - now that I can fully digest your logic - you are right - it makes complete sense to "non-market" a product that gets no marketing. And what better way to do that than wasting time with a banner that no target user one will ever see!

Brilliant!

VP
Have you now fathomed my genius?
DG wrote:There will be a lot of disappointed people if it turns out to be some hardware and not a new software version.

DG
Depends on what the hardware is. I'm betting it's a new Nuendo controller based on Yamaha mixer technology...

trancestate

Post by trancestate »

Vocalpoint wrote:
trancestate wrote:I've given you the hints, I guess it's a pretty jaded group here ;)
Your total of 2 posts - have suddenly given us the hints?

What am I missing?

VP
it's quality not quantity, and anyway it only needed one post ;)

Fredo
External Moderator

Post by Fredo »

Vocalpoint wrote:- I still do not believe there are actual "separate" dev teams for Cubase and Nuendo
I don't think no-one ever said that.
The leapfroggin' *is* the result of the fact that the same devs are working on both products.
Since Nuendo has more, and more complicated features than Cubase, either Cubase would have to wait for Nuendo to be finished, or the Nuendo features will be rushed out. Same for QA and betatesting.
There is only so much time in a day ...

Fredo

Post by Guest »

My guess is Nuendo 6 and a new touch screen controller with real faders.. Ok, enough dreaming...

I do however think that the release of Windows 8 has something to do with it.

Not much has been mentioned here about Windows 8 and touch screen operation. Will Nuendo 6 be touch screen ready? We are going to see some serious movements in the touch screen department from all the monitor manufacturers in the next few months. Something I've been waiting for for years..

Vocalpoint

Post by Vocalpoint »

Fredo wrote:The leapfroggin' *is* the result of the fact that the same devs are working on both products.
Isn't this exactly what I said in my post - just in a different way? :).

VP
Bruce McDonald
Vocalpoint Studios
Calgary, AB Canada

Fredo
External Moderator

Post by Fredo »

Vocalpoint wrote:Isn't this exactly what I said in my post - just in a different way? :).

VP

I am just confirming what you said, though you kind of suggest that it (the same development team) has been said, claimed or been explained otherwise.
Which is not true. Hence my "I don't think no-one ever said that".

Fredo

MattiasNYC
Grand Senior Member

Post by MattiasNYC »

Fredo wrote: Hence my "I don't think no-one ever said that".

Fredo
That's a double-negative.

But who's counting... ;)

MattiasNYC
Grand Senior Member

Post by MattiasNYC »

Anyway,

a funny thing about Steinbergs "viral marketing" is that now you have a bunch of Cubase users excited about version 7, and Nuendo users excited about Nuendo 6. I hope you announce both simultaneously (which would be contrary to the logic Fredo just put forth) because otherwise you've managed to disappoint whatever group didn't get it.

Another reason marketing like that can be silly... Or perhaps I'm misunderestimating the customers.

bilekt3

Post by bilekt3 »

Lydiot wrote:Anyway,

a funny thing about Steinbergs "viral marketing" is that now you have a bunch of Cubase users excited about version 7, and Nuendo users excited about Nuendo 6. I hope you announce both simultaneously (which would be contrary to the logic Fredo just put forth) because otherwise you've managed to disappoint whatever group didn't get it.

Another reason marketing like that can be silly... Or perhaps I'm misunderestimating the customers.
LOL :D

And finally it will be new version of Sequel :twisted:
Tomas Bilek | Solution Architect, Functional Developer (Clojure, F#) | Prague, Czech Republic

MacBook Pro 15', Nuendo 7.X+NEK, Absolute Collection 2, Fab Filter Plugins, RND Portico Bundle, Softube Tube-Tech Classic Channel, 2CAudio Reverbs

Marsman

Post by Marsman »

Lydiot wrote:Anyway,

a "disappointed" Cubase user didn´t do his homework, otherwise he would know that a Nuendo update is overdue by now, not a Cubase update.

If SB did a little switch and it is Cubase after all, I would be disappointed a bit, but I would understand they want their Christmas business with a consumer product rather than with their pro.... product.

btw:
"1" :mrgreen:

MattiasNYC
Grand Senior Member

Post by MattiasNYC »

Marsman wrote:a "disappointed" Cubase user didn´t do his homework, otherwise he would know that a Nuendo update is overdue by now, not a Cubase update.
On the other hand all visual marketing at least in the US is of Cubase. I've seen absolutely nothing about Nuendo for quite some time. What are they to expect?
Marsman wrote:If SB did a little switch and it is Cubase after all, I would be disappointed a bit, but I would understand they want their Christmas business with a consumer product rather than with their pro.... product.
Someone posted somewhere that GC would have C7 in stock soon, i.e. for Christmas...

Vocalpoint

Post by Vocalpoint »

Marsman wrote:A "disappointed" Cubase user didn't do his homework, otherwise he would know that a Nuendo update is overdue by now, not a Cubase update.

If SB did a little switch and it is Cubase after all, I would be disappointed a bit, but I would understand they want their Christmas business with a consumer product rather than with their pro.... product.
Most (if not all) "users" wouldn't be spending 5 seconds of their time studying release charts and wondering "who is next" for an update.

Fredo's little blurb gives us all we need to know. Cubase has been and always will be "first" in the upgrade cycle - especially if there is a new UI involved etc. Nuendo code is more complex, takes more time and requires more testing.

Makes little (to almost no) sense to think the more "complex" code (N6) would be released first - to then be sold to very limited market audience - resulting a much smaller cash flow and then release the less complicated code (C7) later to a much larger paying audience. Despite what we may think or want to believe - cash is king and C7 would be a huge driver in this area....N6 definitely not so much.

I suppose - the above could be possible - but not likely - given human nature, budgets, time and resources.

VP
Bruce McDonald
Vocalpoint Studios
Calgary, AB Canada

Post by Guest »

Vocalpoint wrote: Most (if not all) "users" wouldn't be spending 5 seconds of their time studying release charts and wondering "who is next" for an update.

Fredo's little blurb gives us all we need to know. Cubase has been and always will be "first" in the upgrade cycle - especially if there is a new UI involved etc. Nuendo code is more complex, takes more time and requires more testing.

Makes little (to almost no) sense to think the more "complex" code (N6) would be released first - to then be sold to very limited market audience - resulting a much smaller cash flow and then release the less complicated code (C7) later to a much larger paying audience. Despite what we may think or want to believe - cash is king and C7 would be a huge driver in this area....N6 definitely not so much.

I suppose - the above could be possible - but not likely - given human nature, budgets, time and resources.

VP
Agreed..

MattiasNYC
Grand Senior Member

Post by MattiasNYC »

arewethereyet?arewethereyet?arewethereyet?arewethereyet?arewethereyet?arewethereyet?arewethereyet?arewethereyet?arewethereyet?arewethereyet?arewethereyet?arewethereyet?........

DG

Post by DG »

So Cubase is actually going to be two versions ahead of Nuendo? Is there going to be a new term, as leapfrogging doesn't seem to do this justice. :roll:

DG
Nuendo 6.07
Intel Xeon 3.0GHz 10 Core 20 Threads
32GB RAM
Windows 7 (x64)Pro
RME Multiface II
Intensity
nVidia GT 640 graphics card

Return to “Steinberg Lounge”