Nuendo 6 estimated release timeframe

General discussions on songwriting, mixing, music business and other music related topics.
Vocalpoint

Re: Nuendo 6 estimated release timeframe

Post by Vocalpoint »

Lydiot wrote: He didn't say that Nuendo 6 will be available very soon. Who knows when that would be.
Agreed.

I am reading this as being a "Spring 2013" kinda thing - if not longer. Things that are fairly clear to me:

1. The leap frogging continues...
2. The "let's rebuild entire huge sections of the app because they suddenly are outdated" continues...
3. Finally Cubase continues to get the love...

Since it's pretty much a lock that C7 will be available long before N6...there is a bunch of waiting time on the way kids...

VP
Bruce McDonald
Vocalpoint Studios
Calgary, AB Canada

Marsman

Post by Marsman »

Vocalpoint wrote:
I am reading this as being a "Spring 2013" kinda thing - if not longer. Things that are fairly clear to me:

1. The leap frogging continues...
2. The "let's rebuild entire huge sections of the app because they suddenly are outdated" continues...
3. Finally Cubase continues to get the love...

Since it's pretty much a lock that C7 will be available long before N6...there is a bunch of waiting time on the way kids...

VP
I don´t think they would announce a date when the product would still be away several months...
Also I never had problem with the so called "leap frogging".

C7 available long before N6..? No way :P
Nuendo 7 x64 + NEK, Windows 8.1 Professional x64
RME HDSP 9652, Dual Xeon 8-Core, Intel Chipset MB, Special Skills: Vanishing/Mind Manipulation

Vocalpoint

Post by Vocalpoint »

Marsman wrote: I don´t think they would announce a date when the product would still be away several months...
How exactly did you come to the conclusion that a "date" would be mentioned? Timo said - (and I quote)

"Information on the availability of Nuendo 6 will be published very soon."

How you get an actual "date" out of that is beyond me. As usual - we will be lucky to get the classic - "We plan to have N6 out in Quarter X of year X" blah blah blah....
Marsman wrote:C7 available long before N6..? No way :P
Hmm...

Cubase 5 was announced on Jan 15 2009 at Winter NAMM
Cubase 6 was announced on Jan 13 2011 at Winter NAMM

See a (two year) pattern forming here?

Winter NAMM 2013 starts Jan 24 - and as usual - my money will be on C7 being announced at Winter NAMM 2013....with general availability by March 1, 2013. N6 to follow - well after that. These guys are nothing if consistent. Nuendo 5 BTW - was released long AFTER C6 in June 2011

Steinberg has never had an actual major release in the Nov-Dec-Jan timeline to my knowledge. It's a "deadzone" for any product launch over the holiday season.

Of course - I would be pleasantly surprised to see anything sooner - history has molded me to be naturally skeptical - especially with the rumors of new interfaces, huge chunks of code being rewritten etc.

Lest we forget - N4->N5 took almost 4 years....I rest my case.

VP
Bruce McDonald
Vocalpoint Studios
Calgary, AB Canada

MattiasNYC
Grand Senior Member

Post by MattiasNYC »

Vocalpoint wrote: Steinberg has never had an actual major release in the Nov-Dec-Jan timeline to my knowledge. It's a "deadzone" for any product launch over the holiday season.

VP
Then again, it's not like Steinberg is burning 95% of it's assets on advertising nuendo to begin with.

But hey, maybe THIS time it's different?
Nuendo 10.3 / Lynx TWO-B / Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, 2004 build 19041.450 / Ryzen 1700 3.6GHz (oc) / 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4@3200MHz / Radeon VII / ASUS x370-A mobo ::::: RX Post Production Suite 4 / DaVinci Resolve

bilekt3

Post by bilekt3 »

:idea: Guys, lets do a little rumor

On Steinberg homepage is now new "mystical" advert with big number 5

It might indicate new Halion 5 - which will be fine for me :D But will be shifting down Absolute VST little down.
OR
Cutdown in days (in case of Nuendo in months) to something - we hope big - ok it is only rumor but it might be cutdown to Nuendo 6 anouncement :ugeek:

Indices:
For Nuendo 6 - cutdown symbolic is very often used in Post-Production
Against Nuendo 6 there is small letter n on the end which will indicate Halion 5

Or this should be something with new STEINBERG R&D CENTER IN UK

Now lets pray and our dream will come true :twisted:
n6.jpg
Rumor
(119.67 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Tomas Bilek | Solution Architect, Functional Developer (Clojure, F#) | Prague, Czech Republic

MacBook Pro 15', Nuendo 7.X+NEK, Absolute Collection 2, Fab Filter Plugins, RND Portico Bundle, Softube Tube-Tech Classic Channel, 2CAudio Reverbs

Vocalpoint

Post by Vocalpoint »

bilekt3 wrote:Cutdown in days (in case of Nuendo in months) to something - we hope big - ok it is only rumor but it might be cutdown to Nuendo 6 anouncement :ugeek:
Dream on bud. I have seen this in the past and Steiny usually only does this kind of thing for their consumer grade stuff...like a Halion. Definitely has nothing to do with Nuendo... :)

VP
Bruce McDonald
Vocalpoint Studios
Calgary, AB Canada

MattiasNYC
Grand Senior Member

Post by MattiasNYC »

Countdowns are cute and cool for viral marketing. But what group of consumers is most impressed by viral marketing? I'm betting it's not the Nuendo crowd but the Cubase crowd. Not saying they'll announce the next Cubase, just that it'd be an incredibly weird marketing strategy to market or create a buzz about Nuendo 6 this way.

Remember when Pro Tools users were having a fit over PT x10? The awesome marketing opportunity for Steinberg to snatch customers manifested itself as a link in the lower right hand of the screen, surrounded by other links, about a discount on a crossgrade. Not a big splash on the front page. Not a big news release in industry related media. Not even an announcement on social media. Just a link you might find if you already knew to look for it.

So I have my doubts. If I was forced to guess or was a betting man I'd bet on a new Halion or Cubase 7. Call me a pessimist. I really hope it'll be a daily countdown to Nuendo 6 though, and I hope it's not just an announcement but actual availability through download. Says "4" now so I guess we'll know on Wednesday...
For end of Q2 2012 we have another N5.x update scheduled.

From there, it is not "too far" away until Nuendo 6.
"" indeed...
Nuendo 10.3 / Lynx TWO-B / Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, 2004 build 19041.450 / Ryzen 1700 3.6GHz (oc) / 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4@3200MHz / Radeon VII / ASUS x370-A mobo ::::: RX Post Production Suite 4 / DaVinci Resolve

Post by Guest »

I reckon it's 4 days to go to the announcement of N6, with a new black look like their new VSTi's, all the Feature Requests we've ever wanted, multi-point touch screen (Windows 8) compatibility and it's going to be free for users since Ver.1..

Ah sorry, just woke up from a beautiful dream
:D

Fredo
External Moderator

Post by Fredo »

bilekt3 wrote:Or this should be something with new STEINBERG R&D CENTER IN UK
I'm a little surprised that this hasn't become a big topic here.
Steinberg hiring the Sibilus team, isn't that big and great news?

Fredo

DG

Post by DG »

Fredo wrote:

Fredo
I think it's fantastic. I really hope that they have some input into Cubase and Nuendo, because some of the "musical" features really need updating, as they are either like something out of the ark, or just plain wrong. I know that Daniel would be on top of this, if given a chance.

DG
Nuendo 6.07
Intel Xeon 3.0GHz 10 Core 20 Threads
32GB RAM
Windows 7 (x64)Pro
RME Multiface II
Intensity
nVidia GT 640 graphics card

Vocalpoint

Post by Vocalpoint »

Fredo wrote:I'm a little surprised that this hasn't become a big topic here. Steinberg hiring the Sibelius team, isn't that big and great news?
It would be bigger news for me if the actual Sibelius app was part of the plan (aka baked into Nuendo) but here's hoping that these new hires can bring something (anything!) special back to the scoring interface in the Steiny products - it sorely needs some TLC.

VP
Bruce McDonald
Vocalpoint Studios
Calgary, AB Canada

Marsman

Post by Marsman »

BIG 4 countdown today..

I smell a big release on Wednesday :mrgreen:
RME HDSP 9652, Dual Xeon 8-Core, Intel Chipset MB, Special Skills: Vanishing/Mind Manipulation

MattiasNYC
Grand Senior Member

Post by MattiasNYC »

Fredo wrote:

Fredo
Huh? You tell me! Is it advertised anywhere?

Yeah, it's cool... though I'd rather they spent resources on development and testing of Nuendo...

Oh, and PS; additional "lol" @ SB almost ditching included score creation way back having to back down to user complaints.

Marsman

Post by Marsman »

Fredo wrote:

Fredo
source? I don´t see it anywhere on the website, it only says R&D office in London..

if this is in fact Sibelius, then of course great news!!

So Yamaha/Steinberg bought them from Avid?

edit:
found it
http://www.sibelius.com/cgi-bin/helpcen ... 3&&guest=1

Post by Guest »

Fredo wrote:

Fredo

That is huge news indeed!!!

:D

DG

Post by DG »

Marsman wrote:
Fredo wrote:

Fredo
source? I don´t see it anywhere on the website, it only says R&D office in London..

if this is in fact Sibelius, then of course great news!!
In a way it is Sibelius, as it's the team that actually created the modern version of Sibelius. However, all the previous patents belong to Avid, so they will have to start from scratch.

DG
Nuendo 6.07
Intel Xeon 3.0GHz 10 Core 20 Threads
32GB RAM
Windows 7 (x64)Pro
RME Multiface II
Intensity
nVidia GT 640 graphics card

Big K

Post by Big K »

I am sure, they will come up with something good and new and I am very glad to hear about this.
In relation to another thread: Why haven't SB exploited this great news for PR in jumping up and down, shouting:
We got the developers of Sibelius on board, now! We plan on developing great new softwares that, of course,get implemented into Nuendo for free in N 7 !!

Huh?? Do it to them, before they do it to you!!
Declare the end of DIVA and free beer for all converts!!
This is 1st class advertising... Men ... use it!!

Big K
Nuendo 10, WaveLab 9.5, RME, UAD, PoCo, Win10/64 bit, PC i7 3930K, 16GB RAM, Intensity Pro, Melodyne 5, Spectrasonics, VSL, All Brainworx & Plugin Alliance, Genelec 1031 for 5.1, Quested HQ 210, NS10s, sevaW lla, LAWO, Neumanns, Brauners, Sennheisers, Schoeps, Sony DASH3324S, 42 RUs of classic hardware, professionally build and designed studio acoustics. SB-User since Cubase 2.0, Nuendo 1.5, WaveLab 1.5 ...

Neutron Studios

Post by Neutron Studios »

Vocalpoint wrote:
Marsman wrote: I don´t think they would announce a date when the product would still be away several months...
How exactly did you come to the conclusion that a "date" would be mentioned? Timo said - (and I quote)

"Information on the availability of Nuendo 6 will be published very soon."

How you get an actual "date" out of that is beyond me. As usual - we will be lucky to get the classic - "We plan to have N6 out in Quarter X of year X" blah blah blah....
Marsman wrote:C7 available long before N6..? No way :P
Hmm...

Cubase 5 was announced on Jan 15 2009 at Winter NAMM
Cubase 6 was announced on Jan 13 2011 at Winter NAMM

See a (two year) pattern forming here?

Winter NAMM 2013 starts Jan 24 - and as usual - my money will be on C7 being announced at Winter NAMM 2013....with general availability by March 1, 2013. N6 to follow - well after that. These guys are nothing if consistent. Nuendo 5 BTW - was released long AFTER C6 in June 2011

Steinberg has never had an actual major release in the Nov-Dec-Jan timeline to my knowledge. It's a "deadzone" for any product launch over the holiday season.

Of course - I would be pleasantly surprised to see anything sooner - history has molded me to be naturally skeptical - especially with the rumors of new interfaces, huge chunks of code being rewritten etc.

Lest we forget - N4->N5 took almost 4 years....I rest my case.

VP
Nuendo 5 was released June 2010 and not 2011. Nuendo 5.5, a major update, was released on summer 2011, incorporating some missing features of Cubase 6 which was released earlier in 2011.

If I remember correctly the pattern is, Nuendo X is released first, Cubase X+1 is then released 6-12 months after and then there is a major Nuendo update to include all of the new features of Cubase. i.e. N5 released June 2010, C6 released May 2011, N5.5 released summer 2011

N4 was released October 2007, 2 and a half years before N5, C5 was shipped on Feb 2009 a year and a bit after N4
Mac Pro: Nuendo 10.3, 2 x Xeon x5680, 96GB RAM, RX 580 8GB, OSX 10.14.6, Mackie Digital X-Bus, Apogee AD/DA-16x, various outboard etc
MacBook Pro mid 2015: Nuendo 7.1.40, 16GB RAM, OSX 10.10.2

MattiasNYC
Grand Senior Member

Post by MattiasNYC »

"3"

This gonna b epic yo...

Marsman

Post by Marsman »

Bredo wrote:We're gonna be sooooooooooo disappointed ;)
I hope it´s not a countdown to a drumloop library announcement :mrgreen:

trancestate

Post by trancestate »

Nuendo 6 and Cubase 7 synchronized releases.

Upgrades will be downloadable and available on the day.

Significant price reductions as Steinberg tries to recapture the huge userbase they had.

A couple of very significant innovations and many smaller refinements

Finally, a return to the days when these boards are jampacked full of happy users sharing useful and creative info with each other.

I would even plug my dongle back in if more than one of these were true

Matthias Adloff

Post by Matthias Adloff »

Marsman wrote:
I hope it´s not a countdown to a drumloop library announcement :mrgreen:
Naaw, don't be so negative and let's hope it's a new wallpaper in 64bit!
Signature has been removed.

Vocalpoint

Post by Vocalpoint »

Agreed. This is gonna be lame, yo.

Could it be any more lame to have a static graphic changing daily with a number on it? The cool companies at least have a live counter etc timing down to the event. :)

Seriously tho - If this is Steinberg's idea of building up interest for their biggest cash cows - the marketing department needs some serious help.

VP
Bruce McDonald
Vocalpoint Studios
Calgary, AB Canada

Marsman

Post by Marsman »

Vocalpoint wrote: Seriously tho - If this is Steinberg's idea of building up interest for their biggest cash cows - the marketing department needs some serious help.
Don´t be such a negative Nancy!

Works for me, guess I´m a marketing victim.. I´m excited!! :D

Vocalpoint

Post by Vocalpoint »

Marsman wrote:Works for me, guess I´m a marketing victim.. I´m excited!! :D
At least you can admit it. Now - make sure to buy whatever it is that is being announced on Wednesday. :)

I guess I am just jaded by history of every other Nuendo release back thru time. None has every been part of some cheesy marketing gimmick and none had a real front and center "day of release" focus/coverage on the Steinberg website.

All new major Nuendo releases usually trickle out as a footnote or cryptic press release that users strain to find in some small paragraph in the lower right hand corner of the website.

If this is some new found attitude with respect to marketing Nuendo - it's a drastic 180 to me .

VP

PS: There are a bunch of rumors circulating now the Guitar Center in the US received product alerts on Cubase 7...supposedly shipping on December 5....take that for what it's worth...this "countdown" for Cubase makes a lot more sense than one for Nuendo....
Bruce McDonald
Vocalpoint Studios
Calgary, AB Canada

Return to “Steinberg Lounge”