Cubase 11

General discussions on songwriting, mixing, music business and other music related topics.
Glorian_Gray

Re: Cubase 11

Post by Glorian_Gray »

Ehabmxd wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:02 pm
To Steinberg:
Hello I am use studio one 4.6 professional

And I want to buy Cubase pro 10.5 and I have a plan to buy a lot of ur plugins
But In Fact am very afraid
Sorry for saying this , The first thing.. ur customer service is not good
a lot of ur customers they went to another DAW Because a lot of things
Cubase , neuendo , works only with USB Dongle ..!!
they cant activates ur Softwares easily and they took hours and days to solve the problems, and some of them could not solve it go check youtube videos , comments about issues ..
I read a lot of customers problems, They sent u an emails to find solution and now they ask some of them in the comments :
(Did u find a solution to this problem)

we are in 2020 and u r still using this old method elicenser usb dongle .. !!
There is no objection to buying and using it to activate if this is your policy
But the program does not work except this USB,, Every time when we running the Cubase ??

This indicates lack of respect for the customer
if the usb missed what can I do ? if the usb damged on my laptop bag I will lose my sessions, I cant do any thing and maybe if I get the new dongle cant download it again
I bought a lot of product that’s require a hard disk and USB flash memory to activation , after activation I no longer use the usb to run the software , this makes the customers more comfortable from being lost or malfunctioning.. I bought a lot of software form the biggest international companies like ADOBE
I can use my adobe collection with out USB and the collections can be transferred on any device provided that the collections is on only one device ..

The worlds has changed and now we are use laptops and small pcs .. and we cannot plug this dongle all times..!!

Do u have any plan to make the usb elicenser only for activation ?
after activation we can use the cubase without USB Dongle
we do not mind when receiving an update we plug this dongle again..

Please Steinberg make some changes to your approach in your very old way..
Which makes the user afraid of losing everything due to any damage, they are buying ur products and u TREAT HIM LIKE A PRISONER ..

I bought studio one professional they gave me 5 copies I can managed every device in my presonus profile ADD NEW , EDIT , DELETE USERS .. (and thier customer care is very good) most people now use studio one just a download link and the way yo avtivate it is simple it does not require more waiting and we can run the software freely without any USB

With presonus I have remote control app to the DAW for studio one I cant easily record my self with my android mobile ,
why you don’t have REMOTE APP FOR IOS & ANDROID .. this is a very modern way
the customers will grow up with every service u offer them

CUBASIS APP FOR ANDROID ??
U don’t support android ? the android users its more than apples more Cubase user I know them using android phone and and android tablet

support multitouch for Cubase 11 we are now use a touch screen monitors for pc and touch laptops
let users freedom choose between (2 modes) TOUCH MODE .. STANDARD MODE most users now have to complete the mix with windows tablets and this causes the user to purchase more than one copy

PIANO ON SCREEN In the midi section make ur software’s CREATIVE add a full touch piano on screen with large keys for touch playng and record at the same time .. this makes it easier to compose any where without any external device a lot of people now use touch device laptops, pcs , tablets
ROLAND ZAINBEATS DAW SOFTWARE they add beautiful multitouch support and piano on screen but the software its for beginners

Can u hear our voices ? and take care of your customers and their opinions

( we have no problem using the USB Dongle to Activate , but after that it must be plugged only if we have an updates )

Sorry for my long story
I wish u all the best
Best regards
You're right, my friend. I almost cried. Steinberg puts a sh*t on us (customers), that's true. I can't get any direct help here in Russian, only this forum. T_T
Cubase Pro 10 | Intel Core i7-9750H 2.60GHz | 8Gb Memory | 1TB Solid State Drive | Windows 10 Pro (1903)| Steinberg UR22 Audio Interface

Glorian_Gray

Post by Glorian_Gray »

kostal wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:21 pm
Hey, thanks.

So I tried to recreate what you said in the sampler track here. And the glide works just fine. I'm not sure what you mean by "sampler track is retriggering."

Is the C note being retriggered when you release the E note? Or the glide is not happening?
Hi there, Kostal. :P
I have an old posts here, where I describded those issues fully and even some people tried to help me with them. Could you read 'em out please?

Tap here for "Glide request for Sample Track": viewtopic.php?f=283&t=169374
Tap here for "Drum editor's CC improvments": viewtopic.php?f=283&t=169377

After that, pls add my requests in your list as well. Cheers!
Cubase Pro 10 | Intel Core i7-9750H 2.60GHz | 8Gb Memory | 1TB Solid State Drive | Windows 10 Pro (1903)| Steinberg UR22 Audio Interface

kostal

Post by kostal »

absolutelylasteffect wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:00 pm
I use cubase from long time, together with others softwares and for soundtrack projects would be great if the VSTRack could be shared between projects, similar to V-Rack in Digital Performer. Many times I need to opened different project that have the same VSTi with the same patch, Halion 6 and Kontakt for example with ton of samples to loads. Every time to switch Cubase reload all.
Thank you
I believe Vienna Ensemble Pro might solve this for you in the meanwhile.
Cubase Pro, Nuendo, Wavelab, Halion, Groove Agent // MacOS
Steinberg user for over 20 years.

kostal

Post by kostal »

Glorian_Gray wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:05 pm
kostal wrote:
Hey, thanks.

So I tried to recreate what you said in the sampler track here. And the glide works just fine. I'm not sure what you mean by "sampler track is retriggering."

Is the C note being retriggered when you release the E note? Or the glide is not happening?
Hi there, Kostal. :P
I have an old posts here, where I describded those issues fully and even some people tried to help me with them. Could you read 'em out please?

Tap here for "Glide request for Sample Track": viewtopic.php?f=283&t=169374
Tap here for "Drum editor's CC improvments": viewtopic.php?f=283&t=169377

After that, pls add my requests in your list as well. Cheers!
So I think what you’re trying to do in the Sampler Track is mono legato—this is available in Halion 6 full version. The Sampler Track itself is a port from Halion/GA. I’m sure Steinberg will improve ST—especially chopping samples etc. I’ve included that in the list.

Drum/key editor enhancements are also in the list.

zoidkirb

Post by zoidkirb »

Overall I really like the GUI but here's a few little changes I've thought of.

1)
When expanding the inspector pane, it just creates a pointless empty area. What I'd really like is for the actual elements of the inspector, especially the little window/box that displays each automation lane name. Right now for me that name is really hard to quickley decypher once i have a few sends automated (ie text like "ins:..send.3.del.m" or whatever things try to abreiviate to) . maybe even allow us to rename the sends themselves would help further.

2)
Wide scroll bars? Probably been heavily requested before but I'll chime in too.

3)

Lately I've really gotten in the habit of always using the search bar in Cubase's media browsers to find sounds, fx etc.
A way to type in/search for key command/menu options would be nice too because so often I know the funcion I'm after but completely forget the key command or even what menu the function is in.

Personally I hope Steinberg don't radically change things again, rather they just sculpt and perfect what is already there. :)

edit: it appears i posted this in the wrong thread :oops:
mods please move if necesary.
Last edited by zoidkirb on Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Glorian_Gray

Post by Glorian_Gray »

kostal wrote:
So I think what you’re trying to do in the Sampler Track is mono legato—this is available in Halion 6 full version. The Sampler Track itself is a port from Halion/GA. I’m sure Steinberg will improve ST—especially chopping samples etc. I’ve included that in the list.

Mate, I don’t have a full Hallion and I see no reason to buy it, I would buy Kontakt/Omnisphere if I had free money.
Also, I don’t see any difficulty to implement this so-called “MONO LEGATO” in the Sample Track to give us EDM musicians the opportunity to work with samples in various ways. Sample Track, judging by its name, was created for working with samples. This "mono legato" mode is default feature in FL Studio (Key Editor) and Ableton (Simpler).

Upd.

I haven't found my requests in your list.

kostal

Post by kostal »

Glorian_Gray wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:27 am
kostal wrote:

Mate, I don’t have a full Hallion and I see no reason to buy it, I would buy Kontakt/Omnisphere if I had free money.
Also, I don’t see any difficulty to implement this so-called “MONO LEGATO” in the Sample Track to give us EDM musicians the opportunity to work with samples in various ways. Sample Track, judging by its name, was created for working with samples. This "mono legato" mode is default feature in FL Studio (Key Editor) and Ableton (Simpler).

Upd.

I haven't found my requests in your list.
Hey!

So I thought about your issue more. I’ll be honest, it’s
not clear what it is from your description. Can you share two audio files (5 seconds each): one showing the desired effect you want from Ableton or FL and one from the sampler track in Cubase—using the same 808 sample.

I’ve been thinking—I believe the glide function in ST is a kind of pitch envelope, rather than a true portamento. You can turn on legato under audio warp, but it’s not quite right. I need to do more testing and research on this.

I think you should share those samples, so I know for sure what your issue is. Thank you!

Glorian_Gray

Post by Glorian_Gray »

kostal wrote:

Hey!

So I thought about your issue more. I’ll be honest, it’s
not clear what it is from your description. Can you share two audio files (5 seconds each): one showing the desired effect you want from Ableton or FL and one from the sampler track in Cubase—using the same 808 sample.

I’ve been thinking—I believe the glide function in ST is a kind of pitch envelope, rather than a true portamento. You can turn on legato under audio warp, but it’s not quite right. I need to do more testing and research on this.

I think you should share those samples, so I know for sure what your issue is. Thank you!
Hi there, Kostal!

I'm not able to do those audio clips right now, but I found a short video (FL tutorial) on YouTube that is contains all my wishes regards Sample Track in Cubase: https://youtu.be/epFr3HHY6gA?t=355

Watch it from prechosen time till the end. I hope you notice how subtle slide feature works in FLStudio, you won't be able to do exactly the same things in Sample Track.

I tried to do so, but it sounds awfull, I won't export this clip for the same reason. T_T

currentsound

Post by currentsound »

Still wanting better external control surface integration, especially Eucon.

Trying to mix a Instrument tracks with the Avid Artist Mix just defaults adding MIDI plugins. That makes it pretty hard to use the avid artist mix for... mixing lol. Also clicking on an insert plugin in the mix console should bring focus to that track, rather than the control surface not following. EQ cycling, compressor cycling, all that stuff would be nice to have for all Eucon devices.

Seems like an odd request since Steinberg helped create Eucon in the first place but Pro Tools has much better support for Eucon these days even though Steinberg created it. Cubase should at minimum catch up.

kostal

Post by kostal »

currentsound wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:25 pm
Still wanting better external control surface integration, especially Eucon.

Trying to mix a Instrument tracks with the Avid Artist Mix just defaults adding MIDI plugins. That makes it pretty hard to use the avid artist mix for... mixing lol. Also clicking on an insert plugin in the mix console should bring focus to that track, rather than the control surface not following. EQ cycling, compressor cycling, all that stuff would be nice to have for all Eucon devices.

Seems like an odd request since Steinberg helped create Eucon in the first place but Pro Tools has much better support for Eucon these days even though Steinberg created it. Cubase should at minimum catch up.
Yeah! It’s in the list. I’ve been on PT quite a bit these days.

cubic13

Post by cubic13 »

As the thread has turned to an all feature requests for the next version, I guess that I'm allowed to expose mine... :arrow:

In the FIX IT FIRST category :
- The generic remote definitions. This is my first and most important one : we really need to get rid of the track number dependent ones, as well as the broken NRPN messages recognition (issue exposed here).
- In the UI department :
  • More colors settings are need (related feature request here)
  • A fix for the irritating behavior in the track inspector which makes all the previously opened tabs closing when you forget to use Ctrl key while opening another the one : let's get rid of the Ctrl, please - it's a workflow killer...
  • In the MixConsole : a fix for the fonts display - We shouldn't see an oversized font when adjusting the gain of a channel strip, to the point where even the minus sign is no longer visible (still there in 10.0.60).
- Sampler track misbehavior when preparing archive : bug exposed here.

And in the ADD AFTER one :
- Ripple editing.
- Multi track warping.
- Sample tracks improvements with several samples usage.
- Time to give us a true gapless audio engine.

All this would do a perfect Cubase 11 for me... 8-)
DAW : Ryzen 3700X | Asus Prime X470-Pro | 32 Gb DDR4-3200 | 2 x SSD (M.2 WD Black 500 Gb + Corsair Force 960 Gb) | Radeon RX550 (2 Gb) | Windows 10 Pro (64) | RME Fireface UCX + Behringer ADA8200
Soft & plug-ins : Cubase Pro 10.0.60 + 10.5.20 | VSTis : Emulator X3, Alchemy, Sylenth 1, Lounge Lizard, True Pianos, VB3, BFD2...
Gear : Studiologic VMK-188+ | Akai MPD32 | Akai ME30P MIDI Patchbay | Korg 05R-W | Roland D110 | Yamaha TX802 | Pre-MIDI stuff.

kostal

Post by kostal »

cubic13 wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:28 am
As the thread has turned to an all feature requests for the next version, I guess that I'm allowed to expose mine... :arrow:

In the FIX IT FIRST category :
- The generic remote definitions. This is my first and most important one : we really need to get rid of the track number dependent ones, as well as the broken NRPN messages recognition (issue exposed here).
- In the UI department :
  • More colors settings are need (related feature request here)
  • A fix for the irritating behavior in the track inspector which makes all the previously opened tabs closing when you forget to use Ctrl key while opening another the one : let's get rid of the Ctrl, please - it's a workflow killer...
  • In the MixConsole : a fix for the fonts display - We shouldn't see an oversized font when adjusting the gain of a channel strip, to the point where even the minus sign is no longer visible (still there in 10.0.60).
- Sampler track misbehavior when preparing archive : bug exposed here.

And in the ADD AFTER one :
- Ripple editing.
- Multi track warping.
- Sample tracks improvements with several samples usage.
- Time to give us a true gapless audio engine.

All this would do a perfect Cubase 11 for me... 8-)
Nice list! However, for the track inspector tab behavior, might I suggest that there should be a preference option? I’m sure many will prefer the current behavior. But I also see how it could be annoying for your workflow!

cubic13

Post by cubic13 »

kostal wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:22 pm
Nice list! However, for the track inspector tab behavior, might I suggest that there should be a preference option? I’m sure many will prefer the current behavior. But I also see how it could be annoying for your workflow!
Why not a preference ? I have nothing against it. :)

My actual grief is that having to press the Ctrl key when having, as examples, a guitar in hands or playing keys on my controllers is as irritating as can be, and I'm often in this situation. IMO, a modern host should make everything as straightforward as possible, workflow related, and this irritating thing is something I stumble on countless times during a single session...
DAW : Ryzen 3700X | Asus Prime X470-Pro | 32 Gb DDR4-3200 | 2 x SSD (M.2 WD Black 500 Gb + Corsair Force 960 Gb) | Radeon RX550 (2 Gb) | Windows 10 Pro (64) | RME Fireface UCX + Behringer ADA8200
Soft & plug-ins : Cubase Pro 10.0.60 + 10.5.20 | VSTis : Emulator X3, Alchemy, Sylenth 1, Lounge Lizard, True Pianos, VB3, BFD2...
Gear : Studiologic VMK-188+ | Akai MPD32 | Akai ME30P MIDI Patchbay | Korg 05R-W | Roland D110 | Yamaha TX802 | Pre-MIDI stuff.

davidducceschi

Post by davidducceschi »

A request for some new VST in C11

1. Multiband Magneto III with dynamic control

2. Color Eq maag Stye with air gain

3. Frequency II Eq with dynamic control and advanced spectral comparision

Thanxs 8-)
Toshiba L50A i7 4700MQ 16GB - C10.5.20 - ABS4 - WL10.0.40 - Win10 1909 UrRt2 X-TouchOne

lucatron

Post by lucatron »

“Always on top” option for Mix Console

Tublitha

Post by Tublitha »

cubic13 wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:30 am
kostal wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:22 pm
Why not a preference ? I have nothing against it. :)

My actual grief is that having to press the Ctrl key when having, as examples, a guitar in hands or playing keys on my controllers is as irritating as can be, and I'm often in this situation. IMO, a modern host should make everything as straightforward as possible, workflow related, and this irritating thing is something I stumble on countless times during a single session...
- Right click in inspector or click on the gear icon
- Setup
- Click under the pin tab next to each item you want to exclude from automatic closing

The midi editors don't have this feature for some reason.

Gentoo

Post by Gentoo »

The ability to pan mono tracks as you can in Pro Tools. This may sound strange if you've never done it but sometimes you receive mono tracks from clients and being able to pan them from one side to another opens up more possibilities when mixing.

cubic13

Post by cubic13 »

Tublitha wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:51 am
- Right click in inspector or click on the gear icon
- Setup
- Click under the pin tab next to each item you want to exclude from automatic closing
Probably the most useful first post ever... Congrats (and welcome, by the way...) ! 8-)

Never seen that there was a 'Pin' column in the 'Visible items' list of the inspector setup window until now, I admit. One thing is sure : it wasn't existing in 6.5.5, but to be honest, I think that I am too much using Cubase 10 as I was with 6.5.5, during several years. An in depth RTFM session is becoming urgent... :?

Thanks again ! :)

arkhive

Post by arkhive »

i'd like to add my +1 to the following items from your list, just in case someone from steinberd is lurking in here looking for ideas.
i've placed them in my order of preference.

-folder group tracks
-changes recorded in vsts for ability to undo
-lfo/vst modular routing
-range selection edit in direct offline processing
-moving tracks in mixer
-.bak files in separate folder

Prock
Grand Senior Member

Post by Prock »

Yikes! I'm sure there are a lot of good ideas in this a long thread that I would never read through. Whatever happened to following this guideline for posting feature requests. Ugh. :roll:

viewtopic.php?f=252&t=109882

Regards 8-)
PRock Studio

DAW: Cubase Pro 10.5.20, OS: Win 10 Pro x64, CPU: Intel Core i7 4700K @ 4.0GHz, RAM: 32GB/DDR4/2800MHz, Graphics: 4GB GeForce GTX 960, Mobo: MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon, AI: PreSonus Studio 192 Mobile, Mic Preamp: PreSonus TubePre, Headphone Amp: PreSonus HP4, Studio Monitors: Mackie MR5, 3rd Party VSTs: GSi VB3-II, SampleTank 3, Amplitube 4, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, EZDrummer 2

https://soundcloud.com/prockstudio

Prock
Grand Senior Member

Post by Prock »

lucatron wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:15 am
“Always on top” option for Mix Console
viewtopic.php?f=285&t=153843

Regards 8-)
PRock Studio

DAW: Cubase Pro 10.5.20, OS: Win 10 Pro x64, CPU: Intel Core i7 4700K @ 4.0GHz, RAM: 32GB/DDR4/2800MHz, Graphics: 4GB GeForce GTX 960, Mobo: MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon, AI: PreSonus Studio 192 Mobile, Mic Preamp: PreSonus TubePre, Headphone Amp: PreSonus HP4, Studio Monitors: Mackie MR5, 3rd Party VSTs: GSi VB3-II, SampleTank 3, Amplitube 4, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, EZDrummer 2

https://soundcloud.com/prockstudio

cubic13

Post by cubic13 »

Prock wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 4:17 pm
Yikes! I'm sure there are a lot of good ideas in this a long thread that I would never read through. Whatever happened to following this guideline for posting feature requests. Ugh. :roll:

viewtopic.php?f=252&t=109882

Regards 8-)
I get the concern, but see the thread title : it is rather clear that it is not a precise FR for a given feature. It's typically an all wishes/expectations thread for the supposed version to come, as it's been done during years for previous ones.

So, maybe it would have been better to have posted it in the General section, or even in the lounge, but if it was such a nuisance, I guess that a mod would have moved it already, after more than two months... :?

kostal

Post by kostal »

There’s a great quote by Nassim Taleb:

“My best definition of a nerd: someone who asks you to explain an aphorism.”

Nerds and bureaucrats. And by nerds he doesn’t mean smart or intelligent people.

This post is 150% all about specific feature requests. End of story. Moreover, the forum is called feature requests AND “suggestions.” My other “popular” post/thread in this forum is on GUI suggestions and philosophy. But this one is more about actionable and specific tasks.

Lastly, anyone here is free to post on the forum and expand on their genius ideas at any time. And they are free to post one FR per post and thread title. I’m not a narcissist, and choose not to spam and litter the forum with many single FR posts—if it could be avoided. I’ve also bumped and +1ed other people’s posts, and others are free to do that also. Folks are even free to not reply or contribute to this thread! Wow, what an idea!

Maybe someone should go hang out at Avid forums or submit requests to a database on Avid Link app. Steinberg is a vibrant company with a thoughtful community. 🙏🏼

dr

Post by dr »

@kostal

The "add foe/ignore list" is your friend here - it will make your life less stressful :D

kostal

Post by kostal »

dr wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:17 am
@kostal

The "add foe/ignore list" is your friend here - it will make your life less stressful :D
Thanks, doc! I didn't know actually. Will be using this great "feature" now hahaha!

Return to “Steinberg Lounge”