Cubase 11

General discussions on songwriting, mixing, music business and other music related topics.
odod

Re: Cubase 11

Post by odod »

maybe a built in plugin that can analyze a track and copy all it's content such as EQ, level, harmonics etc .. auto goodizer :)
Cubase 10.5, FL Studio 20, ProTools 2020, Reaper 6, Dorico, Sibelius, MacPro 2019, UA16, Kali LP8, EWQL Diamond, Pianoteq 6, Ivory II, Slate, Plugin Alliance, Soundtoys, etc./b]

zappazap

Sonik

Post by Sonik »

mozizo wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:33 pm
for me it will be some of disappointment if certain features will not included with C11
1:tabbed plugin container window that have option to follow track selection
2:controls on track header on project window (at least volume+pan)
3:multi channel audio wrap tool+wrap on project events
4:gapless audio (will be cool to fix this in any point',even in middle C11 cycle if can not complete in C11 release date )
5:move/delete tracks in mixconsole

4. Gapless playback is very important for me.
I'm using Studio One v4.6 and v5 and Protools 12 (last update) and is more fluid and quick, more friendly and less distracting...
5. must have in v11
Macbook Pro i9 32gb|Studio One 5|Protools 2020.5|Cubase Pro 10.5.20|Wavelab 10.0.40|Logic X|Apollo Quad|4xUAD-2 (24 core)
Manley Massive Passive|Thermionic Phoenix Mastering Plus|Maselec MLA-2|API 2500|Avalon 737sp|Summit TLA-100A|Distressor EL8-X|Apogee Symphony||Euphonix McMix x2|Dangerous Music 2 Bus LT|ATC SCM20 ASL Pro|Amphion One18|
Halion Sonic 3|Komplete12 Ultimate|Stylus RMX|Trilian|Omnisphere 2.6|VSL Strings|EW Pianos|ReFx Nexus 3|AirMusicTech|Sylenth|Predator|Kick 2|Serum|ANA2|Korg Collection 2
UAD|Waves|Soundtoys|Melodyne|Softube|Brainworx|PluginAlliance|Fabfilter|Sonnox|Eventide|Oeksound

kostal

Post by kostal »

Just a few weeks away now. Let's hope for the best.
Cubase Pro, Nuendo, Wavelab, Halion, Groove Agent // MacOS

lovegames

Post by lovegames »

Based on the leaked manual, you can cross two things off your list.

mozizo

Post by mozizo »

lovegames wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:47 pm
Based on the leaked manual, you can cross two things off your list.
my list ? i have seen the leaked doc,and i didn't see any of these ? maybe different version of leaks ? i hoped anyway that is more than what i have seen or SIN :D
cubase 10.5 pro ,halion 6 GA5 HS2,HSO,Dark planet,neosoul keys.
Sony vaioF13 i7 CPU win10 8gb
Steinberg MR816csx ,MR816x ,UR44 ,CC121
Motif es6-Kawai Mp4-Korg PA4X-MOXF8
cubasis,cubase ic pro

lovegames

Post by lovegames »

Kostals "master" list

lovegames

Post by lovegames »

Sonik wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:44 am
mozizo wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:33 pm
for me it will be some of disappointment if certain features will not included with C11
1:tabbed plugin container window that have option to follow track selection
2:controls on track header on project window (at least volume+pan)
3:multi channel audio wrap tool+wrap on project events
4:gapless audio (will be cool to fix this in any point',even in middle C11 cycle if can not complete in C11 release date )
5:move/delete tracks in mixconsole

4. Gapless playback is very important for me.
I'm using Studio One v4.6 and v5 and Protools 12 (last update) and is more fluid and quick, more friendly and less distracting...
5. must have in v11
You do know that Gapless Audio = having to stop playback for the new VST processing to be included in the sound you are hearing right and or, for latency/phase alignment? At least, this what I have been told.

How can you add a plugin with 1000ms latency, when playback is already occuring, without there being a gap?

If you're asking for this as a preference - then I'm pretty sure you're asking for a rewrite of the sound engine which is not going to happen for 11, or even 11.5.

jun

Post by jun »

need this too

cparmerlee

Post by cparmerlee »

Can somebody please define what "gapless audio" means in the context of this thread? I have seen that term used to mean several completely different things.
Dorico 3, Cubase 10.5, Windows 10, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 audio i/f
http://sonocrafters.com/

ozinga

Post by ozinga »

lovegames wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:37 pm

You do know that Gapless Audio = having to stop playback for the new VST processing to be included in the sound you are hearing right and or, for latency/phase alignment? At least, this what I have been told.

How can you add a plugin with 1000ms latency, when playback is already occuring, without there being a gap?

If you're asking for this as a preference - then I'm pretty sure you're asking for a rewrite of the sound engine which is not going to happen for 11, or even 11.5.
Cubase glitches even with plugins that do not have serious latency. For example create an instrument track and insert Spire, Kontakt or something similar and Cubase glitches. Ableton Live, Studio One, Logic and lately Protools does not. They just continue the playback fluidly. As you mentioned this might need a rewrite the sound engine so I don't expect it to change soon.

lovegames

Post by lovegames »

ozinga wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:07 pm
lovegames wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:37 pm

How can you add a plugin with 1000ms latency, when playback is already occurring, without there being a gap?

Cubase glitches even with plugins that do not have serious latency. For example create an instrument track and insert Spire, Kontakt or something similar and Cubase glitches. Ableton Live, Studio One, Logic and lately Protools does not. They just continue the playback fluidly. As you mentioned this might need a rewrite the sound engine so I don't expect it to change soon.
And I'm pretty sure, at least with some of those DAWs, that they do not start processing through the plugin until playback is stopped.

lovegames

Post by lovegames »

cparmerlee wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 4:37 pm
Can somebody please define what "gapless audio" means in the context of this thread? I have seen that term used to mean several completely different things.
No interruption in the sound if the DAW is currently in playback.

mozizo

Post by mozizo »

Well,writing code is their job.cubase has gaps not only when iserting plugin,it gaps even when add/remove empty audio track,add/remove send to channel even when the fx channel already exists. Anyway,cubase must be going forward and the major daws can do it already. So no excuses
cubasis,cubase ic pro

lovegames

Post by lovegames »

mozizo wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:03 pm
Well,writing code is their job.cubase has gaps not only when iserting plugin,it gaps even when add/remove empty audio track,add/remove send to channel even when the fx channel already exists. Anyway,cubase must be going forward and the major daws can do it already. So no excuses
it's not necessarily a matter of excuses, but a matter of preference.

I personally, would take the gap and getting the insert plugin included in the sound and latency compensated without having to stop playback.

Need Tune Oh

Post by Need Tune Oh »

I would like to see these improvements:
Too many things actually... i have given up asking...

How bout some simple ones first:
Perfect audio playback (no cut off or weird sounds at start of loop at start of arranger - especially noticeable when the first kick of certain loops plays)-first transient sensitivity control basically
Audio editor that allows you to actually edit audio (cut etc)
Better media bay - that comes close to the *free* adsr one (transpose, loop area, double speed , half speed, multiple audio playback)
Sustain notes in loop if note plays longer than loop area
More quick controls
Bring back the nice transport bar (as an option)
Quantizing /snapping of hitpoints to grid in audio editor freewarp

-i have some lists here and there... cant find em atm.. i will add more *basic function* requests when i can find my thinking cap... my brain is not on today;)

Wills01

Post by Wills01 »

Please stop "gadget" improvements in order to add relevant function for composers... My wishlist is the following one :
- to introduce markers in the time line (to clearly see in all editors view)
- to have the possibility to name the midi controlers (for Vsti, it's better to see "legato blair" or "vibrato" than CC21 or CC12 !)
- to totally review the midi editor view in order to see all used controlers, notes and articulations easily
- to review Midi editor to see one line per real instruments and to convert playing technics as controlers, not as new notes making a huge confusion in the editor !
- to add an easy function to merge audio clips in a new one (not using "export")
- To add a fine EQ analyzer with new IA to help mixing process
- to really erase files in the project folder when we erase the related tracks...
- to improve tempo editor in order to easily realize better ralentendo ...
- to optimize xml file in order to export songs in Dorico, Sibelius, Finale... without bugs...
-Thank you for that !

cmbourget

Post by cmbourget »

Allow automation lines on containers (or main tracks), without opening an additional track
Create a true direct gain clip, like Pro Tools and now Studio One, with decibel indications and the ability to increase, not just decrease (as with the current envelope, completely zero)
The possibility of keeping the header track of the directory tracks minimized, as this takes up unnecessary space
Make it easy to create a color palette without working on it all day ... and tidy up the color functions (it's the worst system on the planet)
Allow to see or not to see the grids
Allow to fold or unfold the directory tracks in the Mixconsole
Allow to be transported in the console mix as in the editor
Allow tracks to be moved from the Mixconsole
Allow a clear interface, for those who like the day and the white T-Shirt
Widen the elevators. On a 4K screen, they are pins ...
Remove bold typography from track titles, very coarse
Remove the look of a little kid's toy type object, like the red Fisher price button in the Control Room (but my 2 year old boy likes it)
Allow horizontal scrolling in Eucon (I'm not talking about cursor movement)
Last edited by cmbourget on Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cubase 10.5, Pro Tools 2020
PC Windows 10, Intel Xeon E5-2667 v2 3.30GHz, 8 cores, 64 Go
PrismSound Titan, Solo Be and Focal sub, etc, etc.

skijumptoes

Post by skijumptoes »

It's a bit late for putting C11 requests in lol, try 11.5 :)

lovegames

Post by lovegames »

skijumptoes wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:32 pm
It's a bit late for putting C11 requests in lol, try 11.5 :)
try 12/12.5

Matcat24

Post by Matcat24 »

The main area I feel Cubase REALLY struggles compared to other DAMS is controller mapping. Cubase is my primary DAW and I love it... but can you honestly compare quick controls with the way Ableton (for example) handles mapping assignments.

Puli

Post by Puli »

Ability to customize the right click drop down menu.

dylanmixer

Post by dylanmixer »

Matcat24 wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:26 pm
The main area I feel Cubase REALLY struggles compared to other DAMS is controller mapping. Cubase is my primary DAW and I love it... but can you honestly compare quick controls with the way Ableton (for example) handles mapping assignments.
This might be something you'll be happy about, if what was in the beta manual makes it in to the final.

tymur16

Post by tymur16 »

Link midi notes to key like studio one

skijumptoes

Post by skijumptoes »

tymur16 wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:39 am
Link midi notes to key like studio one
You mean quantize notes to a key/scale? Cubase has all this in the live transform and chord track functions. Been there for years.

mozizo

Post by mozizo »

dylanmixer wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 6:49 pm
Matcat24 wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:26 pm
This might be something you'll be happy about, if what was in the beta manual makes it in to the final.
i wonder if steiny/yamaha were wating for their new "control protocol" to come out with cubase 11' and then have a new hardware controller that goes deep into cubase 11 with the new protocol.
its been a long time since they come with new controller for the low/medium budget ,and seems users here asking for it
cubasis,cubase ic pro

Return to “Steinberg Lounge”