Query about drum tracks

General discussions on songwriting, mixing, music business and other music related topics.
jaxlrose

Query about drum tracks

Post by jaxlrose » Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:11 pm

I have a folder full of drum samples (.wav files mainly) to use for drum tracks in Cubase LE Elements 10 on my desktop. The thing is I don't know how to use the drum samples for a drum track.

So, is there a Cubase program where I can simply load the samples in and trigger them like a sampler and add drum tracks to my project?

Any help would be much appreciated.
Cheers!
Dan
TechRaver

NathanBros

Re: Query about drum tracks

Post by NathanBros » Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:36 pm

This seem to be a case where a VST sampler plugin could help, but you will have to map the individual drum hits to the respective MIDI notes (eg. C -> kick.wav, D -> snare.wav, etc), but after that you will have your custom drum kit.
There's lots of options on free VST samplers out there, I like to use Shortcircuit 1 by Vember Audio (Windows). It can be found at:

http://www.vemberaudio.se/shortcircuit.php

Have fun assembling your custom drum kit!
"Interested in time travel? Meet here last Thursday, 7 pm."
Checkout my Mario blog (Portuguese): Jogos do Mario Bros.

jaslan
Grand Senior Member

Post by jaslan » Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:17 pm

Groove Agent SE is included in Cubase Elements. It is a drum sample player (and more). Drop the samples to the pads, name them, assign MIDI notes, etc.
Wait... are you talking about samples of a drum kit playing a bar of a groove, etc., or just samples of individual drum kit pieces played once?
Cubase Pro 10. Core-i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM, Windows 10. UR44. M-Audio Axiom Pro 61. Fishman TriplePlay. Komplete 11 Ultimate. Jamstix 4. Absolute VST3. 418 Carrier Landings.
SoundCloud

jaxlrose

Post by jaxlrose » Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:34 am

I loaded up some samples into the first row of pads in Groove Agent and I could press, play, and hear them. But when I hit record for the VST track, nothing shows up. What could possibly go wrong here? Everything seems to work barring the recording of the sampler. It seems I can't record pads by clicking on them.
Cheers!
Dan
TechRaver

mozizo

Post by mozizo » Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:16 am

Not in front of cubase,but I dont think you can record the pads by clicking them with the mouse, you can use midi controller for this(keyboard,keypad etc), drawing midi notes on midi event on the groove se track,or use the computer keyboard when enable it,I think its one of the key modifier+ k
cubase Pro 9.5 64bit ,halion 55 , GA45 HS2,HSO,Dark planet,neosoul keys.
Sony vaioF13 i7 CPU win10 redstone 64bit 8gb
Steinberg MR816csx ,MR816x ,UR44 ,CC121
Motif es6-Kawai Mp4-Korg PA4X-MOXF8
cubasis,cubase ic pro

Return to “Steinberg Lounge”