Well done Steinberg

Post general topics related to Nuendo 6 here.
I U Studios

Well done Steinberg

Post by I U Studios » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:23 pm

Well done

Can't wait for Nuendo 6. Workflow is going to be so much better.

Regards

Deon
Recording, Mixing & Mastering

MattiasNYC
Grand Senior Member

Re: Well done Steinberg

Post by MattiasNYC » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:22 pm

Bredo wrote:
I U Studios wrote:Well done

Regards

Deon
How do you know? :?
That certainly wasn't the case when updating from N4 to N5.
It's personal. In my opinion 4 to 5 was a big step forward. On the other hand though it seems it was maybe a bigger step than this, but not as "good looking".
Nuendo 7.1.4 / Lynx TWO-B / Windows 10 Pro 64-bit / Ryzen 1700 3.7GHz (oc) / 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4@3200MHz / Nvidia GTX 660 / ASUS x370-A mobo/ 500GB WD Blue system drive / Crucial BX100 250GB SSD media / spinners for library/backup ::::: iZotope RX / Phoenixverb Surround / DaVinci Resolve / Faderport / Applied Acoustics UltraAnalog / my pet pony Frank

Hopetown

Post by Hopetown » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:56 am

I found many subtle enhancements to N5 helpful over N4. Perhaps that will happen again. One thing that would be particularly nice is to be able to have the inserts and sends in one window.

The main improvement I was hoping for was the track grouping which wasn't delivered unfortunately. Frankly the edit grouping is tedious in the current GUI as well although at least it's there at all. These were features that Pro Tools simply got right. I don't know if there are trademark issues but SB really needs to just suck it up and copy them.
Pier Giacalone
Hopetown Sound Recording Studio
Doylestown, PA
http://www.hopetownsound.com

Nuendo 10.0.02 : 27" 4.2ghz 5K Imac (i7), 32g RAM | OSX 10.13.6 : Lynx Aurora (n) 24 Ch TB | UAD2 PCI (Octo +Quad+Duo >TB Chassis) | The Grand 3.1 | Wavelab 9.5

psvennevig

Post by psvennevig » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:50 pm

Bredo wrote:
I U Studios wrote:Well done

Regards

Deon
How do you know? :?
That certainly wasn't the case when updating from N4 to N5.
We agree to disagree :-)
Nuendo 7.0.x, nMP 8-core with 2xD700, 64GB, Macbook Pro Retina15" i7, RME UFX, RME Babyface, Artist Mix, Control and Transport, CC121.

MattiasNYC
Grand Senior Member

Post by MattiasNYC » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:45 pm

Hopetown wrote:I found many subtle enhancements to N5 helpful over N4. Perhaps that will happen again. One thing that would be particularly nice is to be able to have the inserts and sends in one window.
I think I read somewhere that you can see both now.
Hopetown wrote:The main improvement I was hoping for was the track grouping which wasn't delivered unfortunately. Frankly the edit grouping is tedious in the current GUI as well although at least it's there at all. These were features that Pro Tools simply got right. I don't know if there are trademark issues but SB really needs to just suck it up and copy them.
Yeah, they could have done that maybe. At least this appears to be better than what we had before. Can even create some quasi-VCA out of it I guess.
Nuendo 7.1.4 / Lynx TWO-B / Windows 10 Pro 64-bit / Ryzen 1700 3.7GHz (oc) / 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4@3200MHz / Nvidia GTX 660 / ASUS x370-A mobo/ 500GB WD Blue system drive / Crucial BX100 250GB SSD media / spinners for library/backup ::::: iZotope RX / Phoenixverb Surround / DaVinci Resolve / Faderport / Applied Acoustics UltraAnalog / my pet pony Frank

Domilik

Post by Domilik » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:27 pm

Wouldn't it be great, if we could choose whether we want

a) this 1,5GB of sound effects library, or
b) let's say: 300MB of new postpro impulse-responses for REVerence

?

Idea: It could all be within the installation, and the choice is beeing unlocked on dongle... ;)
Nuendo 7 | Win7 x64, Intel i7 6700k, Asus Z170-A | RME Fireface 802 | RME Babyface | Focusrite Saffire Pro 40 | Yamaha 01v96i | JBL LSR4328 | Tannoy Revial 6 | Avid S3 | Mackie Control Universal | X-Keys Joystick | BCR 2000 | Novation Nocturn | Pro Tools 12 HD

psvennevig

Post by psvennevig » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:00 am

Domilik wrote:Wouldn't it be great, if we could choose whether we want

?

Idea: It could all be within the installation, and the choice is beeing unlocked on dongle... ;)
He he, agreed. But I really think they could give us both.

P
Nuendo 7.0.x, nMP 8-core with 2xD700, 64GB, Macbook Pro Retina15" i7, RME UFX, RME Babyface, Artist Mix, Control and Transport, CC121.

DG

Post by DG » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:15 am

psvennevig wrote:

?

P
Or neither, but some useful tempo/music features instead? ;)

DG
Nuendo 6.07
Intel Xeon 3.0GHz 10 Core 20 Threads
32GB RAM
Windows 7 (x64)Pro
RME Multiface II
Intensity
nVidia GT 640 graphics card

MattiasNYC
Grand Senior Member

Post by MattiasNYC » Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:20 pm

DG wrote:
psvennevig wrote:

?

P
Or neither, but some useful tempo/music features instead? ;)

DG
Or, seeing that this is the nuendo forum and that it's a post application, how about vca's, groups you can label and functioning.aaf import so we actually have something to work on in the first place?

DG

Post by DG » Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:22 pm

Lydiot wrote:
DG wrote: Or neither, but some useful tempo/music features instead? ;)

DG
Or, seeing that this is the nuendo forum and that it's a post application, how about vca's, groups you can label and functioning.aaf import so we actually have something to work on in the first place?
I would have posted in the Cubase forum, but guess what; even though I have paid for the NEK and am therefore a legitimate music user, I am not allowed to. Usual Steinberg BS. :roll:

DG
Nuendo 6.07
Intel Xeon 3.0GHz 10 Core 20 Threads
32GB RAM
Windows 7 (x64)Pro
RME Multiface II
Intensity
nVidia GT 640 graphics card

Return to “General”