A few questions...

Post general topics related to Nuendo 6 here.
MattiasNYC
Grand Senior Member

A few questions...

Post by MattiasNYC » Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:18 am

First congrats on an obviously huge upgrade. Very interesting.

I hope you don't mind some questions getting thrown at you...

1) Grouped faders? (like in PT for example)

2) NEK... a paid addition still?

3) Will there be alternate parameter views possible for the mixer window, or will the ones using knobs always use knobs? (I'm asking because I'm right now really not feeling the look of it all).

4) What is the approximate price ranges for software / hardware?

5) Has anything been taken out of Nuendo that we're unaware of? How about Eucon?...
Nuendo 7.1.4 / Lynx TWO-B / Windows 10 Pro 64-bit / Ryzen 1700 3.7GHz (oc) / 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4@3200MHz / Nvidia GTX 660 / ASUS x370-A mobo/ 500GB WD Blue system drive / Crucial BX100 250GB SSD media / spinners for library/backup ::::: iZotope RX / Phoenixverb Surround / DaVinci Resolve / Faderport / Applied Acoustics UltraAnalog / my pet pony Frank

Dave P

Re: A few questions...

Post by Dave P » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:36 am

I'm still unsure about NEK too.

Does it mean that there is only one upgrade path at the same price?

It doesn't matter what version you have now, everyone will have the NEK in Nu6 at no extra charge?

Fredo
External Moderator

Post by Fredo » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:42 am

As far as I have understood it, everyone will have the NEK content installed, but it still needs to be "unlocked" by a license. (Paid) So they cut out the hassle of ordering and installing extra content.

Fredo

TimoWildenhain

Post by TimoWildenhain » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:48 am

Fredo wrote:As far as I have understood it, everyone will have the NEK content installed, but it still needs to be "unlocked" by a license. (Paid) So they cut out the hassle of ordering and installing extra content.

Fredo
Hello,

Fredo is correct.

Thanks,
Timo
Timo Wildenhain - Head of Business Unit
Professional Audio Unit
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany
Checkout Steinberg on YouTube, Twitter, Facebook and MySpace!

Sam

Post by Sam » Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:30 pm

What is the status of grouping in N6? Is there some sort of advanced grouping like in PT?

And import session data???

S

TimoWildenhain

Post by TimoWildenhain » Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:23 pm

Sam wrote:What is the status of grouping in N6? Is there some sort of advanced grouping like in PT?

And import session data???

S
Hello,

grouping of individual parameters of freely selectable tracks, simply my a right mouse-click. Plus the known group channel. Extended session data import won't be part of the initial Nuendo 6 version, but we have it on the list.

Thanks,
Timo
Timo Wildenhain - Head of Business Unit
Professional Audio Unit
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany
Checkout Steinberg on YouTube, Twitter, Facebook and MySpace!

MattiasNYC
Grand Senior Member

Post by MattiasNYC » Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:32 pm

TimoWildenhain wrote:Hello,

grouping of individual parameters of freely selectable tracks, simply my a right mouse-click. Plus the known group channel.

Thanks,
Timo
Thanks for the response Timo.

Could you please clarify the following regarding groups:

- In PT when you group tracks you actually get a group that can be engaged/disengaged. This group can also be named (i.e. "explosion" for example, for all the stuff that contains it). Is this what happens in Nuendo 6?

- What is the visual confirmation of a group? In PT when you've created a group of tracks you can see which tracks belong to which group by visual cues (in the mixer as well as in the arrange / project window).

Also:

VCAs?
Nuendo 7.1.4 / Lynx TWO-B / Windows 10 Pro 64-bit / Ryzen 1700 3.7GHz (oc) / 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4@3200MHz / Nvidia GTX 660 / ASUS x370-A mobo/ 500GB WD Blue system drive / Crucial BX100 250GB SSD media / spinners for library/backup ::::: iZotope RX / Phoenixverb Surround / DaVinci Resolve / Faderport / Applied Acoustics UltraAnalog / my pet pony Frank

Return to “General”