SuperClip

All topics on WaveLab 8 and WaveLab Elements 8
mhakanpaa

SuperClip

Post by mhakanpaa » Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:29 am

I have missed the glue-function in WL 7 montage window (as it is in Nuendo), meaning that I could glue for example two crossfaded clips together so that the they stay together even when moved and the crossfade wouldn't get destroyed (locking clips doesn't do the trick). I have understood that the SuperClip might do something like that, i.e. merge all editions within and between selected tracks. Is that so or have I misunderstood what I saw on the video showing the new features?

PG

Re: SuperClip

Post by PG » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:34 am

That's right, you can use SuperClips for this.
Philippe

Arjan P

Post by Arjan P » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:53 am

mhakanpaa wrote:I could glue for example two crossfaded clips together so that the they stay together even when moved and the crossfade wouldn't get destroyed (locking clips doesn't do the trick).
You do realize there is a Group function for clips in WL7 and previous? This already does what you need: keeping them together when moved. This amongst other things.
--- "If anyone owes it all to Bach, it's God" - Emil Cioran ---
SOFT: (All 64 bit) | WaveLab 9.5.50 | Cubase 10.0 | HALion 6.0 | Win10 Pro - SoundCloud
HARD: i7-950 | Asus P6TD | 30GB | Tascam DM-3200 | DigiMax48 | Midisport 8x8 - SoundByte Studio

mhakanpaa

Post by mhakanpaa » Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:21 am

Arjan P wrote:
mhakanpaa wrote:I could glue for example two crossfaded clips together so that the they stay together even when moved and the crossfade wouldn't get destroyed (locking clips doesn't do the trick).
You do realize there is a Group function for clips in WL7 and previous? This already does what you need: keeping them together when moved. This amongst other things.
Wow! Exactly what I was missing! Thanks a lot! Now I feel ashamed for suffering from my ignorance so long...

Return to “WaveLab 8 | WaveLab Elements 8”