Disappearing waveform/ file

Post questions and find answers on Cubasis 2 here.
Arijalmari

Disappearing waveform/ file

Post by Arijalmari »

Tried to record an additional audio track. Undoing a take resulted in another recoprded audiofile disappearing. Redoing does nothing. What should I check next?

iPad 2 iOS 6.0.1
Cubase Pro 10.5 | Asus P8Z77-V | Intel Core i5-3570 | 32gb RAM | Win7 Pro x64 | M-Audio ProFire 2626 | Art DPS II | iPad Air 2, iPad Pro 11 | Cubasis 2&3 | Cubase iC Pro | M Audio Oxygen 88 | Novation Circuit

Akamarko

Re: Disappearing waveform/ file

Post by Akamarko »

Look in the trash. Many deleted audio files end up there. Find the one you want and select restore. Now the audio file is in the audio section of the media browser. From there you can bring it back into your project.
iPad 2, iPhone 5, Mac Mini
iRig Keys, iRig Mic, iRig guitar, You Rock Guitar (midi guitar) Mobile In Guitar, GarageBand, Alchemy, Sunrizer, Cubasis, Music Studio, Amplitube, Mobile POD, MultiTrack, bs-16i, SampleTank, AudioBus, AmpKit, JamUp XT, G2M
Epiphone Les Paul Special GT
Music For iPad

Arijalmari

Re: Disappearing waveform/ file

Post by Arijalmari »

Thanks for the tip! I managed to restore some of the deleted audio that were in the trash perhaps due to my excess undoing.

However, the file I'm after cannot be found anywhere even though the audio event with fades and edits is still in it's correct positions in the arrangement view. To make it even weirder, the content of another audio event on a mono track has suddenly been replaced with audio from a completely different, stereo(!?) file - in another project... :shock: I've no idea what's going on... similar findings anyone?
Cubase Pro 10.5 | Asus P8Z77-V | Intel Core i5-3570 | 32gb RAM | Win7 Pro x64 | M-Audio ProFire 2626 | Art DPS II | iPad Air 2, iPad Pro 11 | Cubasis 2&3 | Cubase iC Pro | M Audio Oxygen 88 | Novation Circuit

Return to “Cubasis | Cubasis 2”