In general all seemed fine and I did a tutorial in AUM without issues. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4edVXDLFhnU
Then I was wondering if I could build the same project in my favourite app Cubasis.
But what misery, a project that run great in AUM, gave me crackles, stutters and crashes as a simplified Cubasis project!
Here is what i did;
- Created 5 midi tracks: Axon2, Noir, Noir, Kauldron, Zeeon,
- Have midi effect Bassline sequence Kauldron,
- Have midi effect Cells sequence Zeeon,
- Noir and Axon2 used the hihat and kick presets,
- Assign Blackhole as send effect to hihats and Zeeon,
- Assign Dubstation 2 as insert effect to Zeeon.
- Crackle and stutter when choosing Audio Units,
- Crackle and stutter when adjusting master volume,
- Crackle and stutter when clicking the instruments button in iFretless, which is used twice in the project,
- iSem crashes in Cubasis during patch selection,
- Cubasis looses all AUv3 instruments and effects plus some midi effects, when closing AUM with same AUv3 plugins,
- Error when loading plug-ins after restart of Cubasis.
Kauldron and Zeeon have also been swapped for more recent updated instruments (see list).
I realize that some apps haven't had updates for some time. iFretless Bass, Kauldron and iSem might have issues of their own. Though the same project runs fine in AUM. So my conclusion is, there are many issues with Cubasis on my iPad with the new iPadOS.
I hope the developers can reproduce these issues and provide a fix soon.
Specifications (* in brackets, last update since)
- iPad Pro 9.7  A1674
- iPadOS v13.1.2 (1 week)
- Cubasis v2.8.1 (3 months)
- Ruismaker Noir v1.0.7 (3 months)
- Axon 2 v2.0.12 (8 months)
- Kauldron v1 (2 years)
- Zeeon v1.52 (1 year)
- Poison-202 v2.4.5 (6 months)
- iSem v1.3 (3 years)
- iFretless Bass v1.4.23 (1 day)
- Factory v1.0.4 (2 months)
- Rozeta Bassline v1.2.3 (6 months)
- Rozeta Cells v1.2.3 (6 months)
- Blackhole v1.0.18 (2 days)
- Roughrider 2 v2.0.309 (2 years)
- Dubstation 2 v2.0.6 (1 year)
- Limiter v3.0.3 (2 months)