How Do I Change Routing Mono Input in Cubasis Please

Musogoodshot

How Do I Change Routing Mono Input in Cubasis Please

Post by Musogoodshot » Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:43 am

Hi Guys

I am having problems recording 2 tracks simultaneously on an external mixer, on to two separate audio tracks in Cubasis , I use a Behringer 2 track mixer, and I want to record my vocals and guitar on to 2 separate tracks in Cubasis via the 2 channels on my mixer.

Ch 1 - Acoustic Guitar

Ch 2 - Vocals

I have followed advice in another thread and on my 2 track mixer, panned one channel (guitar) all the way left, and the second channel ( vocal ) right, but my issue is when I go to Cubasis and create two tracks.

The routing on the first track is fine, because it set to Mono Input 1.

But when I go to the next track and try to change the mono input routing to 2, it doesn't allow me to change the input to 2, it stays on the preset of 1 and won't change.

Am I doing something wrong here that won't allow me to change the routing to 2, when I touch the 1, the interface comes up showing 24 possible mono inputs, but wont allow me to change from 1 to 2.

Very frustrating, any help will be gratefully received, cheers guys.

John

Hiltmann
Steinberg Employee

Re: How Do I Change Routing Mono Input in Cubasis Please

Post by Hiltmann » Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:23 am

Hi John,

> I have followed your advice and and panned one channel (guitar) all the way left, and the second channel ( vocal ) right,

That's right and you don't do it in Cubasis but in your Behringer mixer.

>But when I go to the next track and try to change the mono input routing to 2,
>it doesn't allow me to change the input to 2, it stays on the oreset of 1 and won't change.

It can't be. If your Behringer mixer has 2 output channels, Cubasis will provide mono input 1 or 2 for you to choose from.

>Am I doing something wrong here that won't allow me to change the routing to 2, when I touch the 1, the interface comes up showing 24 possible >mono inputs, but wont allow me to change from 1 to 2.

There are 24 mono inputs visible in the dialog, but only the highlighted ones are selectable. In your case only the mono number 1+2 should be highlighted.

Please do the following :
- open the Mono Input Dialog and select mono Input 1
- open the Mono Input Dialog again.
Result: Mono Input 1 button is highlighted in blue because it is selected and on Mono Input 2 only the number 2 is highlighted in white and the button is bordered in black. All other inputs 3-24 are not highlighted and the digits are shown in grey.

see the attached screenshot
IMG_0054.PNG

Can you select stereo input ?
What is the name of your Behringer mixer ?

best
Jan
Jan Hiltmann, Test Engineer - Content
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany

LSlowak
Steinberg Employee

Re: How Do I Change Routing Mono Input in Cubasis Please

Post by LSlowak » Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:31 am

Musogoodshot wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:43 am
I am having problems recording 2 tracks simultaneously on an external mixer, on to two separate audio tracks in Cubasis , I use a Behringer 2 track mixer, and I want to record my vocals and guitar on to 2 separate tracks in Cubasis via the 2 channels on my mixer.

Ch 1 - Acoustic Guitar

Ch 2 - Vocals

Very frustrating, any help will be gratefully received, cheers guys.

John
Hi John,

In addition, please note that we have a song production tutorial available, which exactly demonstrates the audio routing topic as well.
Please have a look at around 1:50 minutes of the clip: How to Record a Song with Cubasis LE

Hope that helps!

Best
Lars
Lars Slowak - Project Management & Team lead Cubasis
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany
Check out Steinberg on YouTube, Twitter and Facebook

Return to “Cubasis”