Creating a template

Post Reply
PUMP
New Member
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2016 12:42 pm
Contact:

Creating a template

Post by PUMP » Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:57 pm

I don’t see any information on creating a template I have my own workflow I would love to just be able to create my own templates

User avatar
LSlowak
Steinberg Employee
Posts: 2728
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:36 pm
Contact:

Re: Creating a template

Post by LSlowak » Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:35 pm

Hi PUMP,

Thanks for your message.

Please use the "Snapshot" function to create a template.
Here are the required steps:

- Please create a project and give it the desired template name
- Make all your settings
- Go to Media/Projects and browse to the active project entry
- Tap the "camera" icon to create a snapshot

Snapshots are similar to templates and maintain their status.
Once you double click a snapshot, a copy of the project will be created.

Hope that helps.

Best,
Lars
Lars Slowak - Project Management & Team lead Cubasis
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany
Check out Steinberg on YouTube, Twitter and Facebook

John1289
Junior Member
Posts: 116
Joined: Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:03 pm
Contact:

Re: Creating a template

Post by John1289 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:45 pm

LSlowak wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:35 pm
Hi PUMP,

Thanks for your message.

Please use the "Snapshot" function to create a template.
Here are the required steps:

- Please create a project and give it the desired template name
- Make all your settings
- Go to Media/Projects and browse to the active project entry
- Tap the "camera" icon to create a snapshot

Snapshots are similar to templates and maintain their status.
Once you double click a snapshot, a copy of the project will be created.

Hope that helps.

Best,
Lars
Hello there Lars.when we create Templates that way,and for what ever reason forget that’s the template project and make a track with it,that’s it, template gone..and you have to make a snapshot of the project and then delete all tracks and redo what ever changes and save it as a template again.thats loooong 😂😂 it’s not a proper template since it’s also gets lost in the mist of other projects.we should be able to save them as templates and have them under Cubasis builtin templates

User avatar
powerobject
Junior Member
Posts: 140
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:27 am
Location: Chicagoland
Contact:

Re: Creating a template

Post by powerobject » Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:50 pm

John1289 wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:45 pm
LSlowak wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:35 pm
Hi PUMP,

Thanks for your message.

Please use the "Snapshot" function to create a template.
Here are the required steps:

- Please create a project and give it the desired template name
- Make all your settings
- Go to Media/Projects and browse to the active project entry
- Tap the "camera" icon to create a snapshot

Snapshots are similar to templates and maintain their status.
Once you double click a snapshot, a copy of the project will be created.

Hope that helps.

Best,
Lars
Hello there Lars.when we create Templates that way,and for what ever reason forget that’s the template project and make a track with it,that’s it, template gone..and you have to make a snapshot of the project and then delete all tracks and redo what ever changes and save it as a template again.thats loooong 😂😂 it’s not a proper template since it’s also gets lost in the mist of other projects.we should be able to save them as templates and have them under Cubasis builtin templates
You cannot edit a snapshot file like a regular project - you can only spawn/make copies out of it when you double-tap on it and so, it works like a template. You can spawn as many copies out of a snapshot as you want by double-tapping on the snapshot. These spawned copies are what you can edit as a regular project and you can rename the spawned copies for your new project. The difference between a factory-installed template and a snapshot is - we can delete our snapshots but not the factory-installed templates.

For convenience, you could follow a naming format for snapshot/template projects and tap on the list headers to sort the files in any order to quickly locate them.

HTH

John1289
Junior Member
Posts: 116
Joined: Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:03 pm
Contact:

Re: Creating a template

Post by John1289 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:43 pm

powerobject wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:50 pm
John1289 wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:45 pm
LSlowak wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:35 pm
Hi PUMP,

Thanks for your message.

Please use the "Snapshot" function to create a template.
Here are the required steps:

- Please create a project and give it the desired template name
- Make all your settings
- Go to Media/Projects and browse to the active project entry
- Tap the "camera" icon to create a snapshot

Snapshots are similar to templates and maintain their status.
Once you double click a snapshot, a copy of the project will be created.

Hope that helps.

Best,
Lars
Hello there Lars.when we create Templates that way,and for what ever reason forget that’s the template project and make a track with it,that’s it, template gone..and you have to make a snapshot of the project and then delete all tracks and redo what ever changes and save it as a template again.thats loooong 😂😂 it’s not a proper template since it’s also gets lost in the mist of other projects.we should be able to save them as templates and have them under Cubasis builtin templates
You cannot edit a snapshot file like a regular project - you can only spawn/make copies out of it when you double-tap on it and so, it works like a template. You can spawn as many copies out of a snapshot as you want by double-tapping on the snapshot. These spawned copies are what you can edit as a regular project and you can rename the spawned copies for your new project. The difference between a factory-installed template and a snapshot is - we can delete our snapshots but not the factory-installed templates.

For convenience, you could follow a naming format for snapshot/template projects and tap on the list headers to sort the files in any order to quickly locate them.

HTH
You are right.but the it still gets lost in the mist of other projects.would be nice to ave proper template.you just open Cubasis and it’s there for fast work flow

Post Reply

Return to “Cubasis”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests