Which Steinberg mobile apps are Android-supported?

Post questions and find answers on Cubasis 2 here.
Juan Doe

Which Steinberg mobile apps are Android-supported?

Post by Juan Doe »

Hi everyone,

If this is not in the correct forum, please redirect my post. Alternatively, if there's already a thread in existence covering the following, please kindly link me to it.

I'd like to find out which of the following apps are Android supported. Please kindly take a look at the following Apple-compatibility list, as originally listed on Steinberg's website under the mobile apps section:
  • Cubase iC Pro: iPhone, iPad & iPod touch
  • Cubasis 2: iPad
  • Cubasis LE 2: iPad
  • dspMixFx: iPhone, iPad & iPod touch
  • LoopMash: iPhone, iPad & iPod touch
  • LoopMash HD: iPad
  • Nanologue: iPad
  • Smart Click: iPhone, iPad & iPod touch
  • Studio Pass for VST Connect Pro: iPhone, iPad & iPod touch
  • VST Connect Performer: iPad
Thank you.

Regards,
JD

P.S. This is STRICTLY for those who maintain the Steinberg website: Cubasis LE 2's Apple link isn't working while LoopMash & LoopMash HD's Apple links are missing from their respective web pages. I'm just letting you know! :mrgreen:

DenisSalois

Re: Which Steinberg mobile apps are Android-supported?

Post by DenisSalois »

This is the Cubase forum, you may want to post this in the Cubasis forum.

Juan Doe

Post by Juan Doe »

It seems like someone already moved it

Thanks for the heads-up though.

LSlowak
Steinberg Employee

Post by LSlowak »

Juan Doe wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 10:33 am
Hi everyone,

If this is not in the correct forum, please redirect my post. Alternatively, if there's already a thread in existence covering the following, please kindly link me to it.

I'd like to find out which of the following apps are Android supported. Please kindly take a look at the following Apple-compatibility list, as originally listed on Steinberg's website under the mobile apps section:
Thank you.

Regards,
JD

P.S. This is STRICTLY for those who maintain the Steinberg website: Cubasis LE 2's Apple link isn't working while LoopMash & LoopMash HD's Apple links are missing from their respective web pages. I'm just letting you know! :mrgreen:
Hi JD,

Thanks for your message.

As of yet, all our apps are compatible with iOS.
We constantly monitor the market to check the options to support other platforms in the future.

Best,
Lars
Lars Slowak - Project Management & Team lead Cubasis
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany
Check out Steinberg on YouTube, Twitter and Facebook

Juan Doe

Post by Juan Doe »

LSlowak wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 9:46 am
Juan Doe wrote:
Hi everyone,

Thank you.

Regards,
JD

Hi JD,

Thanks for your message.

We constantly monitor the market to check the options to support other platforms in the future.

Best,
Lars
Hi Lars,

This I have clearly noticed. It's a real pity that we're seeing such bad support for the Android platform (no offense). Don't get me wrong, I love Apple, but I hate feeling forced to buy it. I don't tend to stick to the same platform every generational-upgrade, but I feel like a lot of app developers out there are forcing us to stick with Apple unless we're OK with losing virtually ALL app functionality (which I'm clearly not). Why is this? Can anyone perhaps fill me in on why we're seeing such poor support for Android? Is there really no market? I strongly doubt this. Quite preposterous if you ask me. :( Does Apple have some kind of monopoly on these things and are they forcing app developers to support them EXCLUSIVELY and at the expensive of other mobile phone companies. I'm getting all conspiratorial now, haha, but I can't quite wrap my head around this! :lol:

Seriously though, I was really considering getting a Samsung phone-upgrade this generation, but now I'm pretty sure I'll be getting Apple once again because I'm stuck with it because of app-exclusivity. This is REALLY upsetting to say the least... :cry:

GTBannah

Post by GTBannah »

Juan Doe wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 8:49 pm
LSlowak wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 9:46 am
Juan Doe wrote:
Hi everyone,

Thank you.

Regards,
JD

Hi JD,

Thanks for your message.

Best,
Lars
Hi Lars,

This I have clearly noticed. It's a real pity that we're seeing such bad support for the Android platform (no offense). Don't get me wrong, I love Apple, but I hate feeling forced to buy it. I don't tend to stick to the same platform every generational-upgrade, but I feel like a lot of app developers out there are forcing us to stick with Apple unless we're OK with losing virtually ALL app functionality (which I'm clearly not). Why is this? Can anyone perhaps fill me in on why we're seeing such poor support for Android? Is there really no market? I strongly doubt this. Quite preposterous if you ask me. :( Does Apple have some kind of monopoly on these things and are they forcing app developers to support them EXCLUSIVELY and at the expensive of other mobile phone companies. I'm getting all conspiratorial now, haha, but I can't quite wrap my head around this! :lol:

Seriously though, I was really considering getting a Samsung phone-upgrade this generation, but now I'm pretty sure I'll be getting Apple once again because I'm stuck with it because of app-exclusivity. This is REALLY upsetting to say the least... :cry:
Maybe, it's because the Apple platform is reliable, that the developers focus there. Apple can't "force" anyone to do anything. If anyone should be accused of that, it would be the developers, but I'm sure that "forcing' is their motivation.

Apple just WORKS!
Derrkins

If that's really what you hear, Play It, Sing It, Write It or Program It!

Mac Mini, 2.6 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB RAM; OS X Mojave 10.14.6; Nuendo 10.2.10.301; Sibelius 7.5; iPad Pro 13"; Cubasis, WaveLab 10.00; Dorico V3.0.0.1038 (Loving it).

Return to “Cubasis | Cubasis 2”