Cubasis iOS 11 Compatibility

Post questions and find answers on Cubasis 2 here.
Post Reply
User avatar
LSlowak
Steinberg Employee
Posts: 3200
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:36 pm
Contact:

Cubasis iOS 11 Compatibility

Post by LSlowak » Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:07 pm

Dear all,

Cubasis 2.2. and Cubasis LE 2.2 have been tested and proven compatible with the latest available iOS 11 Golden Master and official release version by Apple.

When using instrument and/or effect apps from other vendors that are incompatible with iOS 11, this can lead to Cubasis stability problems or other issues, that are unrelated to Cubasis.

If you encounter issues in that area, we recommend to get in touch with the app manufacturer directly.

Best wishes,
Lars
Lars Slowak - Project Management & Team lead Cubasis
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany
Check out Steinberg on YouTube, Twitter and Facebook

Devvy
New Member
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:23 pm
Contact:

Re: Cubasis iOS 11 Compatibility

Post by Devvy » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:30 pm

Hi, I am using an iPad Air2, and I noticed a dramatic performance drop after I moved to ios 11. The project I was working on (using Ruismaker and iSem as AU) used to play back nicely with 60-80% CPU usage under ios 10 (lowest latency); but with ios 11 it wouldn't play back properly even with the high latency setting. Restarting the app or even the iPad didn't make a difference.
I have since then gone back ios 10.

User avatar
LSlowak
Steinberg Employee
Posts: 3200
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:36 pm
Contact:

Re: Cubasis iOS 11 Compatibility

Post by LSlowak » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:43 am

Devvy wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:30 pm
Hi, I am using an iPad Air2, and I noticed a dramatic performance drop after I moved to ios 11. The project I was working on (using Ruismaker and iSem as AU) used to play back nicely with 60-80% CPU usage under ios 10 (lowest latency); but with ios 11 it wouldn't play back properly even with the high latency setting. Restarting the app or even the iPad didn't make a difference.
I have since then gone back ios 10.
Hi Devvy,

Thanks for your message.

Interesting to know would be, if you've experienced a performance change using Cubasis by itself on iOS 11.
As stated earlier, please make sure to let the instrument app developers know about the experience.

Thanks,
Lars
Lars Slowak - Project Management & Team lead Cubasis
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany
Check out Steinberg on YouTube, Twitter and Facebook

Devvy
New Member
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:23 pm
Contact:

Re: Cubasis iOS 11 Compatibility

Post by Devvy » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:33 am

I understand what you mean. It takes me too much time to try again (which would involve some lengthy backup restores), I'll keep it on 10.3.3 until I really have a need for the upgrade. Then I'll do a proper comparison again.
By the way, the CPU already peaked in the beginning of the project, where I don't use the AUs yet. But they were of course loaded in memory already.

User avatar
LSlowak
Steinberg Employee
Posts: 3200
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:36 pm
Contact:

Re: Cubasis iOS 11 Compatibility

Post by LSlowak » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:27 pm

Devvy wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:33 am
I understand what you mean. It takes me too much time to try again (which would involve some lengthy backup restores), I'll keep it on 10.3.3 until I really have a need for the upgrade. Then I'll do a proper comparison again.
By the way, the CPU already peaked in the beginning of the project, where I don't use the AUs yet. But they were of course loaded in memory already.
Thanks for the immediate reply.
In any case, please make sure to let the third party app instrument developers know about your experience.

Best,
Lars
Lars Slowak - Project Management & Team lead Cubasis
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany
Check out Steinberg on YouTube, Twitter and Facebook

Ministry_of_Hackers
New Member
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:54 pm
Contact:

Re: Cubasis iOS 11 Compatibility

Post by Ministry_of_Hackers » Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:17 pm

I see your response that “Cubasis has been tested and proven compatible with iOS 11” for what it’s worth if you care I’m truly disappointed with the performance on my setup. I have a 2017 iPad Pro 12.9” with 200GB free space running iOS 11.0.1 and Cubasis is practically worthless now. Literally dozens of projects totaling 100’s of hours of work that ran well prior to the update are now completely unusable. As soon as a project is loaded the CPU meter spikes at 99% and any attempt at playback is more crackles, hisses, & pops than music playback. I have tested the synth, drum machine, and effects apps running independently and with Auria Pro & they function without issue. If there is an intended fix in the works please advise otherwise I will need to pursue other avenues in expressing my craft. Thank you!

User avatar
LSlowak
Steinberg Employee
Posts: 3200
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:36 pm
Contact:

Re: Cubasis iOS 11 Compatibility

Post by LSlowak » Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:58 pm

Ministry_of_Hackers wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:17 pm
I see your response that “Cubasis has been tested and proven compatible with iOS 11” for what it’s worth if you care I’m truly disappointed with the performance on my setup. I have a 2017 iPad Pro 12.9” with 200GB free space running iOS 11.0.1 and Cubasis is practically worthless now. Literally dozens of projects totaling 100’s of hours of work that ran well prior to the update are now completely unusable. As soon as a project is loaded the CPU meter spikes at 99% and any attempt at playback is more crackles, hisses, & pops than music playback. I have tested the synth, drum machine, and effects apps running independently and with Auria Pro & they function without issue. If there is an intended fix in the works please advise otherwise I will need to pursue other avenues in expressing my craft. Thank you!
Hi,

Thanks for your message.
I'm sorry to hear about your issues, that we haven't seen at our end so far.

In the Audiobus forum there are several topics in regards to issues related to Apple's iPad Pro 12.9 2017 model.
It seems that there are a bunch of users struggling with the device in use with several instrument and DAW apps:
https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/2011 ... ital-noise

Also, does your projects include 3rd party instrument or effect apps that could cause the problem and require to be updated to be iOS 11?

Please get in touch with Apple regarding the issues and let me know about the results.

Hope that helps.

Best wishes,
Lars
Lars Slowak - Project Management & Team lead Cubasis
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany
Check out Steinberg on YouTube, Twitter and Facebook

User avatar
djjunior
Junior Member
Posts: 82
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:07 am
Contact:

Re: Cubasis iOS 11 Compatibility

Post by djjunior » Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:19 am

Does Cubasis support the File App, see attached video how the file app is used with REMIXLIVE app.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCrcRXoWN7Y&t=0s

haegar001
New Member
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:06 pm
Contact:

Re: Cubasis iOS 11 Compatibility

Post by haegar001 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:27 am

would be great ... for the build in Sampler as well ! :D :D :D

User avatar
LSlowak
Steinberg Employee
Posts: 3200
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:36 pm
Contact:

Re: Cubasis iOS 11 Compatibility

Post by LSlowak » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:17 pm

haegar001 wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:27 am
would be great ... for the build in Sampler as well ! :D :D :D
As of yet, Apple's Files app is not supported by Cubasis.

Best,
Lars
Lars Slowak - Project Management & Team lead Cubasis
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany
Check out Steinberg on YouTube, Twitter and Facebook

Devvy
New Member
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:23 pm
Contact:

Re: Cubasis iOS 11 Compatibility

Post by Devvy » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:50 am

Just to let you know I upgraded to 11.2 now, and the issue I had with cpu peaking is gone.

Post Reply

Return to “Cubasis | Cubasis 2”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest